Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

Out Of Place

After today, I get to have my freedom! I could trash the house and clean it up long before mom would ever find out. Having that freedom feels good. It almost feels like I'm committing a crime. What am I thinking? I haven't even done anything! Mornings always throw me off.

Laughing at myself, I searched in my closet for something to wear today. Let's see, regular clothing or something special just for my dear mommy?

I walked out the house, already shivering. Curse this stupid dress. I could've just worn a shirt and jeans with sneakers like usual. But no, I had to wear a stupid pink dress for mom. I had to wear stupid wedges for her too. All because I wanted to take her to the airport and show her how supportive I am.

I groaned, turning to the right and seeing the back of Ray's head. How could you miss him? He's tall and has very curly hair.

Groaning inwardly, I walked up to my friends, who so far were three guys and two girls. Matt, Ray, and Gerard are the regulars. The two new friends I made are Nicole and Melissa.

Nicole is about 5'7" (way taller than me). She has pretty and wavy brown hair, her eyes changed colors but were a hazel/green mix most of the time, flawless olive skin, and she was a little bit more than average but had super nice curves to make her look sexy.

Melissa is average height, standing at 5'6". (It sucks being the shortest one here.) Her hair, like mine is black but overly curly. Her eyes, a light brown color, matching with her caramel skin tone, and she was very skinny, the model type skinny.

I was happy to have this group of people as friends. They were nice and not judgmental like much of the rest of Belleville High. But what would they think when I walked up to them looking like someone different?

I really need to suck it up and get this shit over with. It's only a half day; barely anyone is going to see me anyways. Barely anyone is going to care. I walked right up to Ray, waiting for everyone to acknowledge me.

It didn't take a long time because as soon as I counted to three, Nicole screamed, and Matt pointed at me with bugged out eyes.

"LILLIAN?!" he screamed, loud enough for everyone to hear him. I slapped his arm, hoping he would shut his mouth.

When everyone calmed down, I told them my story, the honest truth. "I'm doing this for my mom. She got a job promotion and she's going to Connecticut today. And I'm never doing this again so don't get used to it!" The evilness in my eyes told them I meant business and I would start hailing bricks if it led to that.

The morning bell could not ring any faster. I waited in agony, for what felt like hours just so I could get school done with. Naturally, as soon as my ears picked up the loud ring of the bell for homeroom, I hastily said "See you later" to my friends and grabbed Gerard's arm. He obliged to my tugging, knowing I would be a nasty bitch if he was going to complain.

I didn't like all the stares I was receiving from people at their lockers. Gerard encouragingly put his hand on my left shoulder, leading me to our class.

From a far distance, I heard two male voices. "Hey Jeff, isn't that the girl you beat up?" asked the first voice.

"Holy shit," whispered the second voice.

Since today was a half day, I didn't have to attend all my classes. I only had classes up until Lunch. After that, I was home free! Well...airport bound!

I found my peoples outside, sitting by the tree that I cried under. I stopped walking for a moment, taking in the memory and then pushing it away.

I smiled once I reached them, kicking at the grass.

"Well don't just stand there, sit down," laughed Gerard.

In the most feminine manner I could, I bent down ready to sit down before I jumped back up. "CRAP! The dress is going to get dirty!"

The boys rolled their eyes while the girls understood. I stood there like an idiot for minutes until Matt had a great idea and gave me his sweater. He spread it on the ground, allowing me to sit on it.

I looked at him uncertain. "Are you sure? I don't want to dirty that."

"Jesus woman. You complain about getting your clothes dirty but when someone offers you a seat to keep your clothes clean, you complain too! It's fine, just sit."

"Well!" I grumbled and sat down anyways.

People were filing out of school before mom parked in front of the school waiting for me. I said goodbyes to everyone but Matt. He would follow my mom in his car and then give me a ride home later on.

After we knew that Matt was behind us, mom stepped on the gas pedal, making her way to Newark airport. Getting there wasn't the problem. All the people in the port itself was the big issue.

I lost Matt a couple times before I would have to scream his name to find him again. All of this was extremely tiring! Finally, we found mom's gate.

I frowned, knowing I would miss her for two weeks. As much as I want the freedom, I'm going to miss seeing my mom in the mornings.

Matt stood a far distance, giving my mom and I some privacy. We hugged numerous times, I gave her words of encouragement, and she gave me a mini lecture for when she was gone. I rolled my eyes but listened anyways.

It was finally time for her to get on the plane. I gave her one last hug before she started walking towards the plane. I sighed, walking back to where Matt was.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked softly.

I sighed. "Hell yes! I need to get out of these clothes!"

He smiled, leading me to his car.

When we reached my house, I gave him a hug and thanked him for driving me home. He didn't speed off until he saw I was safely in my house, with the door locked.

I threw my bag onto the couch, closing my eyes. I savored the silence that spread throughout the house. Oh, I think I'm going to like living on my own.