Status: Thank you for reading!

The Beginning of the End

I Wasn't Kidding You Jerks

You have no idea how happy I am that I have a week off from school. I didn't ask anyone why there's just the sudden break from school but I'm not complaining at all. I get to have one week to do whatever the hell I want. Mom isn't here either so I really have all the freedom I can taste.

I hadn't called her yet and I'm sure she's out of the airport by now. Connecticut is only a few states away from New Jersey and it's already past noon.

I grabbed my phone, pressed speed dial, and pressed the phone to my ear. A few rings here and there and she finally answered. "Hi!"

"Mom! How was your flight?"

"It was okay. I have one day to relax and then tomorrow it's off to work. How are you doing?"

"Actually pretty good. The silence is awkward but I'm alright. Did you buy groceries before you left?"

"No, but I did leave you about $400.00 on the counter. That's strictly for food and you better not abuse it either."

"I won't, I won't."

"Good. Sweetie I have to go. I'll talk to you tonight. I love you."

"Love you too mom."

Now knowing that I had money for food, I skipped to the kitchen, pondering on what I should eat today. If I ordered pizza, that could last me a few days and I love pizza. Pizza it is!

On the verge of pressing the number for the local pizza place, my phone vibrated, indicating a caller. I looked at the number. It wasn't familiar. Deciding to take a chance, I answered. "Hello?"

"Lilly bean! It's Gerard. Do you want to hang out today?"

I looked down at the phonebook and weighed out my options. "Sure, let's hang out. What do you want to do?"

"Sleep over!" I heard a male voice scream from far away.

I laughed and Gerard groaned. "Would you like to sleep over for a few days then?"

I smiled. "Sure! You're going to have to pick me up though. I don't know where you live."

"Okay."

After I packed some things in a big gym bag, I walked outside, trying to spot out Gerard. I saw him walk out of a house across the street several houses down. Wow, we live on the same block and I never knew that! That's an epic fail.

He saw me and waved, telling me to come over. I obliged, punching his arm as a hello. He might have said ouch but I wasn't too sure. He introduced me to his parents who seemed kind. He also introduced me to his little brother Mikey.

Mikey’s a cute kid. He’s only in 8th grade but damn, he’s taller than Gerard who’s taller than I. He’s lanky with glasses and with brown hair, but still, a cute kid.

After an hour, Gerard and Mikey’s parents left, saying they wanted to go out to Lunch together. Gerard told me they wanted to give him privacy since a girl is over. I giggled at the silly thought.

Eventually, Ray, Matt, Melissa, and Nicole came over and we decided to watch a movie. Before we picked a flick, we all helped move the coffee table that blocked the TV from the couch and made five bowls of popcorn.

“What do you want to watch?” Gerard asked, skimming through the selection of movies his family had.

Everyone shrugged, not caring. I bit my lip, wondering if I should say something or not. In a very meek and small voice I whispered, “I don’t like scary movies.”

Gerard turned to look at me. “Are you serious?” I nodded my head in shame. A slow grin formed on his face. I stared back scared out of my mind at what he was thinking.

Three hours after we watched Rosemary’s Baby, I was staring at the dark ceiling with my sweater wrapped tightly around me. There was plenty of heat in the house and everyone was asleep around me. I really didn’t need my sweater. I was terrified to go to sleep.

It all started when I was younger, I don’t remember what age I was though. Erik wanted to have a sleepover and of course, I was there. We all had fun playing board games until his dad walked into the room with a movie in hand. We all wanted to know what the movie was and as little kids, we begged him to turn the movie on. Guess the movie.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I couldn’t sleep for days because I thought the man was going to get in a truck, drive his way to New Jersey, and kill me. Sometimes, I still get that nightmare. After that movie, I was scared to death of any horror movies in general.

I wish Gerard didn’t put Rosemary’s Baby in. This son of Satan movie, I’m definitely not a fan. And the worshipping thing, hell to the no.

At this point, everyone was sprawled out the floor, in a cramped space. No one was sleeping on the couch besides Gerard, and he was in a sitting position. I decided to crawl up to the couch and attempt to rest there, my head leaned against the couch’s back.