I Have Your Heart, He Has Your Body

Oh, what I would give to be suddenly deaf, though years ago such a wish would have been detested because to lose this sense would be to lose the ability of hearing his beautiful voice echoing within the chasms of my mind as he eagerly poured his heart out for the fans. This was a time when he still held all the beauty in the world, his veins still tingling with electric inspiration as his porcelain eyes would drift in my direction, a grin spreading across his face as he continued singing into the mic.

These memories are ones I choose to remember him by, for they were in fact the last moments of the real “Gerard Way” before he transformed into some vile fiend that I dare not even associate names with. It’s so much easier to just pretend that the once beautiful being passed away years ago than to look at who he is now, a disintegrating beast stumbling around with his vagrant swagger and chemical persuasions which have crushed him down to the lowest levels of his lifetime. Peering into his bruised, blackened eyes will show not an ounce of the person we once knew, and accepting such realizations was far more painful than just pretending he had died. As strange as it may sound I wish he would have died rather than pacing around like a lifeless carcass, gutted of all humanistic characteristics as his interior pulsed with its toxic black grime. All of this due to one person who barged into his life with chemical persuasions and bad habits, the man I will forever resent for such a move, Bert McCracken.


For a year and a half this how it had been, Gerard’s once beautifully crafted talents and personality doused in the corrosive material that Bert had introduced him too and since the very day Bert barged in, Frank has been struggling to stay away. For not even the slightest tinge of the Gerard he used to know and love lie in those bones, just this disgusting, perverse fiend that Bert had turned him into and that was all Frank could see him for. Just a pathetic excuse for a man taking over what was once the body of the man he loved, all because Gerard chose his addiction over his friends. But is there perhaps a side of it that Frank does not see; a side that brings forth the true victim in the situation?
(Sorry, shitty summary, I’ll come up with a better one later xD)
  1. Pyromaniac
    Frank's P.O.V.