Status: Slow updates

Beyond The Barbed Wire

Chapter 2

My name is Emily Stone and I am 11 years old. I live with my father Tom, mother Elizabeth and brother Greg. My dad is a Commanding Officer in the 2nd Battalion and is wanting my brother to join and become a soldier for World War 2.(Yes, another World War has broken out!) Greg refuses to do this as his eyes, war is ridiculous. To him, war is strangers fighting somebody elses' battle, which he dosen't want to do. In my opinion, this is correct, our father however, is a completely different story.

He believes that the Germans should pay for everything they have done to us British, when it was actually Hitler putting the German soldiers up to it. They are fighting for their country in some stupid battle. Father thinks the Germans are dirty creatures that don't belong here.

To be honest, I've had enough. Considering my father is a Commanding Officer, he agreed to let some of the soldiers stay here while they recover. Fair enough, they're injured and they need somewhere to stay, but does that mean forcing me out of my room? I think not! Does that mean soldiers can me rude and obnoxious to me and Greg even though they live in our home? To them, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, they're the poor beggars you've been injured.

Luckily, not all soldiers are horrid. Edward Johnson, the most amazing man ever. He may be young to be in the army, but he sure has a lot of wisdom on his shoulders. He's learned from experience with fighting and realised the war won't be won easily. This is the type of person I look up to.

George Downy, the most evil man on this planet. If me or Greg step a place out of line, we'll get shouted at and most of the time, our own father will side with him.

I guess, that is what you have to expect considering they've been in the most brutal circumstances.