Singing Sorrow

Singing Sorrow(2)

-January 18th, 1996-

Six years later and the two children were roughly around age ten. Chasity was old enough to understand the fact her mother was gone. What she didn't understand was how, or why. She was confused, and still scared. The only male she trusted was Kevin. If a male doctor came near her she would finch away and start crying.
Every year in January, she would have nightmares almost every night. It was the most hated month of the year for her, ever since she turned seven.
On this night, she had the worst nightmare she's had in a while.
"Goodnight, Chasity," Kevin hugged her before going into his own bunk and snuggling deep under the covers, hiding from the cold air blowing through the window that nobody could shut.
"NIght, Kevin." Chasity sighed, trying her hardest not to go to sleep. She didn't want to face the torture her mind put her through in her slumber.
After an hour of fighting it off, her heavy eyelids fell closed and sleep enveloped her. She slept peacefully for the first half hour until she suddenly saw her father in her dream. He just stood there, staring at her. She then imagined her mother's screams. She tried to run towards where the voice was coming from, but couldn't find her.
Then she was lost. She was in some sort of forrest by herself. The moonlight shone through the trees, so that there were little spots of light, and then darkness. Her father appeared there as well as she tried to find her way out. She ran away but he ran faster, tackling her to the ground and slapping her hard across the face.
She cried out for help but he cackled, "Nobody can hear you."
She looked frantically around for some sign of any oher human before she was thrown against the trees, leaving a large bump on her head.
"Chasity!" Kevin whispered, shaking her voilently awake. She woke up, sobbing into Kevin's shirt.
Kevin was used to this. He didn't mind it at all, like most boys would. He cared about Chasity, she was his only friend. All the other kids in the adoption agency were mean to him, because he had developed a slight stuttering problem. Nothing serious, though.
When Chasity was scared, he was scared with her. When she was sad, he was sad. He didn't like seeing her cry. He was very sensitive towards her feelings.
He hugged her tightly and she hugged back.
"Kevin, he hurt me," She whimpered.
"I know." He responded quietly.
But Kevin didn't really know. Chasity didn't understand it that well, either. They were too young. Children at the age of ten shouldn't be in this situation. Chasity and Kevin were so mature for their age, especially Kevin. Most boys his age won't even touch a girl that wasn't their mother because girls have "cooties, ewwww!".
But Kevin wasn't like that. Ever since January 14th, 1991, Chasity has been the only girl in his life that he cared about. Of course, like I said, boys his age usually aren't even focused on girls. They're usually focused on Spongebob and their Gameboys. They like to go to the park with their two guy friends on Saturdays while their mom's sit around on the benches and chat about the economy and what paper towel is better.
But you've probably noticed by now that Chasity and Kevin don't have normal lives, and they never will.