Sequel: The Mustang Tamer
Status: FINISHED!!!

Ten Year Grudge

Niki's entire life fell apart before her eyes when she was a teenager. Ten years later she's still bitter and hates her father's family including her step brother Ace. But when Ace threatens her with a lawsuit for racial discrimination, she's forced to hire him to work on her horse farm. Soon, they're at each other's throats, but is it just because Niki hates him? Or do their feelings run deeper?
  1. Chapter 1
    “That’s sounds dangerous. The last time you asked me for a favor I winded up with your crazy stallion and couldn’t get rid of him.”
  2. Chapter 2
    “You’re out of excuses novia. I know you wouldn’t be happy if I had the lawsuit paperwork started.”
  3. Chapter 3
    Vic looked suspisous. "What do you mean help?" she asked carefully.
  4. Chapter 4
    I knew he was pretty messed up from the abuse his old owner had put him through to make him run. But attacking me and my horse? No, that was unacceptable.
  5. Chapter 5
    "You left a defenseless animal within a mile of my father?!" I demanded.
  6. Chapter 6
    I fell in love with the dog on sight.
  7. Chapter 7
    "Granted I didn't have two siblings, but did you ever think that maybe you weren't the only one that had it rough?"
  8. Chapter 8
    The boy with the rough hands had a way with horses...
  9. Chapter 9
    Wait a second, what had I just thought?! That my STEPBROTHER looked CUTE?!
  10. Chapter 10
    I wasn't in the market for another boyfriend, especially so soon after I'd been burned by one lying bastard...
  11. Chapter 11
    "I'll call you that a whole bunch of other names. Where would you like me to start?"
  12. Chapter 12
    It was funny how I'd gotten used to that pet name, novia, meaning sweetheart in Spanish, yet I'd told Drake a few minuets ago to not call me that.
  13. Chapter 13
    Normally I wasn't an emotional person, but this felt...right.
  14. Chapter 14
    "Getting someone arrested means paperwork. I hate paperwork."
  15. Chapter 15
    My blood iced over and I was sure my face lost all color. I'd once seen a rabid wolf while helping out a friend in Wyoming, and it's eyes had looked tamer than the horse Ace was facing now.
  16. Chapter 16
    "Get on the phone with Leah and tell her she'd better get over here and get her horse or I'm shooting him," I said, no hint of teasing in my voice.
  17. Chapter 17
    "For not trying to seduce me, you're doing a terrific job of it."
  18. Chapter 18
    I knew there was only one place where I could go hide and lick my wounds.
  19. Chapter 19
    "Go back and give Ace a chance."
  20. Chapter 20
    This was bad: I was jealous of a dog.
  21. Chapter 21
    "Niki we need to stop dancing around this issue."
  22. Chapter 22
    "Just, don't get...just let me explain."