With Love

Dancing

"No, no, no." Alice said walking over and taking the plate from me. "You are the guest. You do not clean."

I looked over at Carlisle. He merely shrugged.

I didn't say anything as I walked over to the stools and sat down. Alice took over. The cleaning seemed to go faster with Alice drying than with me doing it.

The questions had stopped and boredom took over.

I started spinning in circles on the stool once I realized it was a swivel chair.

"What are you doing?"

I stopped instantly when I remember that I was over at someone else's home. Carlisle was laugh quietly to himself. Alice stood with her arms crossed and stared over at me.

"Can I help you Alice?" I asked.

Alice just shook her head before going back to the dishes. Carlisle had managed to calm his laughter.

I tried to keep myself occupied by looking around the kitchen. It was very modern, but not to high class.

My attention was drawn down to my hand when something cold was placed on it. It was a hand, Carlisle's hand.

"Oops. Sorry." I whispered realizing that I had started tapping my fingers.

"I have an idea." Alice muttered running out of the room.

I looked up at Carlisle slightly confused. I heard a piano start playing after a few minutes had gone by.

Carlisle didn't let go of my hand as he started walking. I was led down the hallway and into a large room. In the middle was a large grand piano. Edward sat playing, with Bella sitting next to him. Besides the piano the room was empty.

Jasper and Alice, Emmett and Rosalie, Nessie and Jacob were all dancing already.

"Wow."

I watched as they twirled around like professionals. Emmett and Rosalie looked like they belonged on TV.

"Would you like to dance?" Carlisle asked.

"I don't dance...well." I bit my bottom lip.

"Nonsense."

Carlisle led me a little farther into the room. It felt right when I placed my hand on his shoulder. It also felt right when he placed his hand on my back. I didn't feel foolish as we danced.

"Why doesn't anyone dance with Bella?" I whispered.

"Bella doesn't like to dance." He whispered right back.

"Sure, she gets away with it but I don't."

"Of course."

I rolled my eyes playfully.

I looked over at the others. As Alice twirled past Nessie they gave each other a high-five. I raised an eyebrow at the gesture.

"What was that?" I asked.

"You saw nothing!" Alice shouted as an answer.

"Yes I did!" I shouted back.

The guys started laughing.

"What's so funny? I thought Alice was always like this?" I questioned.

"Alice, but a grown woman?" Carlisle asked.

I looked back at Carlisle with a smile, "Who ever said I was a grown woman?"

Carlisle laughed again.

Edward began playing a different tune. A slower pace song. As the dancing slowed down Carlisle and I seemed to drift closer together. I saw Alice smile again. I smiled back at her, not saying anything to ruin it.

I stifled a yawn and laid my head on Carlisle's shoulder.

"Tired?"

I nodded stifling another yawn. He laugh quietly. I lifted my head and looked up at him. He merely smiled and led me back to the kitchen.

I glanced at the clock as we passed, "I didn't realize it was so late."

11:23pm

"Time fly's when having fun."

I nodded in agreement.