With Love

Flowers

I entered the house to a smiling mother. Her grin widened when she saw the blush on my checks. I tried not to smile as my eyes met hers, but that was almost impossible.

"How was bowling?" I asked.

"It was great. I beat my old record. I scored a 241." Mom beamed. "It was perfect. Jessica hated losing, but she's not very good. I don't know why she always gets so upset, she scores close to the same thing every time."

"Jessica just needs practice."

"Lots and lots and lots of practice."

We both started laughing.

"So how was your night?" She asked, her smiling growing.

"It was fine. Carlisle and the boys made salad while Alice showed off one of her new outfits she had bought earlier that day. Carlisle and I ate the dinner-"

"Only you and Carlisle?" She cut off.

"Yes. Everyone else seemed to disappear once the salad was done being prepared. We ate in silence, simply enjoying each others company. Once we were finished Alice reappeared while we were cleaning. I got yelled at for washing dishes." I stated.

"What about after you ate dinner?" Mom pressed.

"Edward started playing the piano. Everyone began to dance, except Bella who sat by Edward as he played. Carlisle asked me to dance. We danced. It got late, I was tired, he drove me home with Edward following. That's how the night went."

"I would have paid to see that." Mom mumbled.

"To see what?"

"You dancing."

"Ha ha, very funny."

A sudden ringing caused me to jumped. I rolled onto my stomach with a yawn. My cell was dancing across my nightstand. It passed my alarm clock.

10:25am

I grabbed my phone and flipped it open. The screen read Amanda. I pressed the answer button quickly.

"Hello?"

"Dylan!"

I yanked the phone from my ear as Amanda shouted. She continued rambling on. She was talking quickly. I only heard a few of the words she said.

"Amanda slow down!" I cut her off.

"Okay." She paused and took a deep breath. "Stephanie and I are at the mall and-"

"Why can't you tell me this when you get home? You can show me your outfits then." I suggested.

"I will but this isn't about shopping."

"It isn't?"

"No. We saw the Cullen's. Or at least Alice, Nessie and Rosalie. They're shopping and you'll never guess what they bought!"

"What?"

"Guess!"

"A really cute shirt?"

"No. They bought flowers."

"Why is that of importance?" I raised an eyebrow, even though I knew she wouldn't see it.

"Put two and two together. Why would they by flowers when they're girls? Only guys buy flowers."

"Isn't that being a little sexist?" I sat up and stretched.

"No. I've never seen a girl buy flowers for a guy."

"Okay then. Go on."

"I think they bought them for Carlisle."

"So they bought flowers for their dad. I still don't see the big deal."

"They didn't buy them for him in that sense. They bought them for him so he could give them to someone." She squealed.

"Amanda, who would he buy flowers for. He's currently single."

Amanda giggled. I imagined her telling Stephanie how clueless I was. I could practically see them rolling their eyes.

"Amanda?"

"You! He had them buy flowers for you!"