With Love

Sun Shine

The rest of lunch was spent talking, glaring at the waitress and occasionally defending myself against the accusation that I was jealous. Carlisle would always laugh when I glare at the waitress, of course, behind her back.

I learned a lot about Carlisle. His wife was killed in a car accident, all eight of his children were adopted. He explained how his wife couldn't have children so they adopted.

Alice, Edward and Nessie are siblings that he and his wife didn't want to separate. Bella and Emmett are siblings. Rosalie and Jasper are twins. Jacob wasn't blood related to any of them but still captured their hearts when they walked into the agency.

"Do you ever plan on remarry?" I asked before thinking.

When Carlisle was silent for a long time I began wishing I had never asked in the first place. He finally took a deep breathe and looked directly at me.

"If I find the right woman, then yes, I will."

I felt the blush rise to my checks, instantly feeling embarrassed and at the same time complemented.

"What about you?" He asked.

I was momentarily confused, "If I meet the right guy, then yes, I will."

After a moment of silence we both burst out laughing.

"What about children?"

"I have Amanda."

"I meant of your own, do want children of your own?"

"Yes. At least one. I love Amanda and everything but I always dreamed about having a child with my husband."

Carlisle smiled again.

We didn't head home after lunch, instead we went to the park. I watched the little kids running around on the playground. They looked so happy and carefree.

Carlisle noticed me staring.

"So if you could only have one child, what would you rather get? A boy or girl?"

"Boy, girls are too emotional."

We both shared another laugh.

"What about you? If your next wife can have children?"

"Girl, and I don't have a reason."

As we travel past the playground towards the lake I noticed the clouds moving away. The sun was trying to come out.

"Looks like we might see the sun today." I mentioned, smiling.

Carlisle looked towards the sky. He didn't seem to happy about the sun appearing.

"Don't like the sun?" I asked, noting his face.

"I burn easily." He smiled. "I should get you home."

"But I'm having so much fun. I have sunscreen." I joked.

He laughed lightly.

We walked towards his Mercedes. The sun appeared just as the doors shut. Luckily for Carlisle the windows were tinted enough to block out the sun enough.

Carlisle POV

"Looks like we might see the sun today." Dylan said with a smile.

I looked up and sure enough, it was making it's way out of from behind the clouds. I tried to keep from frowning, I was enjoying Dylan's company.

"Don't like the sun?"

I must not have done a good enough job.

"I burn easily." I lied, but it was something. "I should get you home."

"But I'm having so much fun. I have sunscreen."

I didn't know if she was joking or serious. I laughed lightly, unsure.

She didn't seem to mind as we walked back to the car. I took that as she was only joking. I opened the door for her before quickly making it over to my side.

The doors shut just as the sun broke through.

I was glad that the windows were tinted.

The ride back to Dylan's was silent. I would occasionally look over towards her, only to see her leaning back against the seat. Her eyes were shut and a smile was on her face.

She looked beautiful, but was it too soon to tell her.