With Love

Singer

I followed behind the silver Volvo and black Mercedes. Ever possible explanation running through my mind. For a few seconds I was beginning to think that they had taken Amanda. Then I started to think they didn't want me to find Amanda.

I pushed those thoughts aside. Carlisle wasn't like that, he seemed to sweet.

Carlisle led me into their living room, where everyone sat waiting. I was shocked when I entered the room. My own mother sat with them. I figured they had gone to get her, knowing she would want to know what was happening. I was wrong.

"What's going on?!"

"Dylan don't shout." Mom scolded.

"Sorry."

"Maybe you should sit down." Carlisle said.

I wasn't going to be rude and decline so I sat on the nearest sofa. It just happened to be the one Alice was sitting on.

"Explain before I freak." I threatened.

"Amanda's been kidnapped."

I stopped. I think I even stopped breathing for a second.

Kidnapped. By who? Who would kidnap a fifteen year old girl?! A sick twisted pedophile?

"I guess you could consider him a pedophile." Edward mumbled.

I didn't say that out loud.

"No you didn't." Edward replied, again.

"You just-"

"Read your mind?" Edward asked with a smile.

"Is this really the best way to tell her the big secret?" I heard Rosalie asked. "Freak her out completely, make her feel insane and then clue her in?"

"No, it's not." Carlisle sent a look towards Edward. "Our family is different Dylan. Very different."

"I've noticed." I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"We aren't human and Amanda wasn't taken by a human."

"What are you? Vampires?" Again I was only joking, but when none of them said anything it was confirmed. "You can't be a vampire. Vampires aren't real."

I was confronted with silence.

"You're vampires?"

Every person in the room, minus Jacob and mom, nodded. If I hadn't been sitting down I would have fallen.

"What are you a werewolf?" I asked Jacob.

"She's good with guesses." I heard Alice say as Jacob nodded his head.

"More like a shape-shifter though, but wolf form." He corrected.

"And Amanda was taken by a vampire?"

"Yes." Mom answered.

"And you knew?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"I grew up with Bella. When she was human we went to school together. When they came back after being gone for forty years I just put the pieces together. Then I confronted them about it. It was impossible for them to deny it. I just hoped you wouldn't get involved, but I was wrong."

"I would have stayed out of it if it weren't for Amanda being kidnapped by one." I stated.

"Actually you would have found out, just later in time." Alice added cheerfully.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Alice now is not the time." Carlisle stated lowly.

"Now is perfect." Alice turned her attention directly at me. "You're Carlisle's singer."

"Singer?"

"Your blood calls to him. He wants to suck you dry every time he sees you and at the same time he wants to do everything in his power to protect you." Rosalie stated, looking bored of the conversation.

I looked up at Carlisle. He wouldn't meet my gaze.

"Carlisle?" I asked softly.

He turned to look at me.

"Can we go find Amanda?"

He seemed relieved that I didn't want to discuses their families secret, or his secret anymore. He nodded his head.