With Love

Kiss

Amanda made it to school just fine. Alice just happened to be waiting for us and happily dragged Amanda into the building. She also promised that she would keep an eye on Amanda for the day.

When I got home I had nothing to do. Mom was at her receptionist job at the library so I was alone.

"I guess I'll do laundry." I muttered finding nothing else that needed to be done.

I threw my hair into a messy bun and went from room to room gathering dirty laundry. I stripped all the beds bare and set shirts on them as a reminder to remake them.

After getting all the laundry into the basement, where the washer and dryer just happened to be, and getting a load started the phone rang.

I ran quickly up the stairs hoping to get to it before it stopped ringing.

"Hello?"

I breathed deeply. The basement steps were steep and hard to run up.

I heard a chuckle from the other line. "Hello."

I smiled when I heard Carlisle's voice.

"Don't you work today?"

"No. I never got to talk with you last night, not after Lucas came into the picture."

"I'm sorry about that. He's with us now, and probably not going anywhere any time soon." Carlisle paused. "I have some explaining to do."

"Yes you do." I said softly.

"Would you mind coming over? All of the kids are in school and Lucas is out hunting."

"No, I'll be over shortly."

After hanging up I quickly changed and made myself look presentable. I grabbed the keys to my Fat Boy and my wallet and headed out the door. It took a few minutes to dig out my riding jacket and helmet but once they were both securely on I was off.

The ride was enjoyable, not having ridden on my bike in a long time, at least not long distances. It wasn't as long as I would have liked but still fun.

The door opened as I was taking off my helmet.

I looked up at Carlisle. He had an eyebrow raised.

"What?" I asked, with a small smile.

"Nothing. I just never pictured you as a biker chick."

We both shared a laugh.

Carlisle led me inside. It was empty, and wasn't giving off the same vibe as it had the night before. I joined Carlisle on the sofa, making myself comfortable.

"Where should I start?" Carlisle muttered.

"Singers."

"Oh right. Alice left that for me." He gave a nervous laugh. "Singers are a vampires soul mate. Their blood calls to the vampire, letting them know they're there. It's also a test for the vampire. A test to see if they can really control themselves, at least long enough to change their singer."

"So, I'm your soul mate?"

Our speaking was in whispers. Soft and quiet, it didn't need to be loud.

"From the moment you were born, you were meant for me."

I scooted closer to Carlisle, taking him by surprise. Butterflies began to flutter in my stomach as I debated my next move.

Before I could act Carlisle moved forward. At first the kiss was soft, gentle, our lips barely meeting. I deepened it, pushing back into the kiss. Carlisle didn't hesitate in helping me.

I finally pulled away when breathing became difficult.

"I'm sorry." Carlisle muttered.

"Don't be, I wanted it."

"Not about the kiss. I kind of forgot humans have to breathe." He laughed.

"That's not a good thing to forget."

"No it's not."

Once I had gained most of my breath back I took the incentive and kiss Carlisle. He kept the kiss soft, only allowing me to deepen it so far.

"Where does this leave us?" I asked, pulling away for air again.

"Where do you want it to leave us?"

"I want to be with you." My voice became so quiet, I was unsure of whether he had heard me or not.

"Sounds like a plan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?