With Love

Full Moon

Carlisle and I stayed in the living room the rest of the day. I had planned on leaving and finishing laundry, but Carlisle's kisses had made me completely forget. We spent the day in the living room, watching pointless soap operas.

I didn't bother to move when I heard the door open. I wouldn't have been able to even if I tried. I was leaning against him with his arm keeping me close.

"Are you sure she's here?" I heard Amanda ask.

"Did you not see the motorcycle?" Emmett's voice was loud.

I buried my face in Carlisle's chest as the voices got closer. I could tell just from the sound of Alice's voice she was excited and Emmett was going to enjoy this way more than he should. Carlisle laughed lightly but did nothing to stop me.

"Don't they look cute?"

"Dylan and Carlisle sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, then comes marriage then comes the baby in the baby carriage." Amanda and Nessie both sung, laughing the entire time.

"In some families the baby comes before the marriage." Emmett added, with a smirk.

"Emmett." Carlisle and I both scolded.

Everyone burst into laughter. Unable to hid the happiness that filled the room.

It went on like that for months. Carlisle and I went on what we called our first official date, the third according to everyone else in the house. Amanda was slowly allowed to see Lucas. They went on many dates, all supervised by either Alice or Rosalie. It wasn't even my idea, it was theirs; they weren't too trusting of Lucas.

Lucas gradually became part of the family. He was registered at school, against his will.

I was currently cooking dinner for the five food eaters. Mom was helping, she had been over quiet a few times. Nessie, Jake and Amanda were in the living room with the rest of the gang. I think they were playing Clue, but I wasn't sure.

"What's cooking?" I heard asked as a pair of cold arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

"Pizza."

"We should go out tonight." Carlisle said.

"But the pizza-"

"Will be devoured by Jake, have you never seen him eat?" Carlisle joked.

"I'm not getting out of it, am I?"

"No. Besides, mom has promised to watch Amanda, and Rosalie and Alice said they'd keep Lucas in their sights. Nothing will occur between those two."

I smiled. He had recently started calling my mom his, and both of us loved it. Mom was thrilled when he had first said it. Everyone else was slowly beginning to call her grandma. It was really cool, specially when she responded to anyone who said it.

"I have to go home and change."

"Nonsense, what your wearing is fine."

I sighed and looked down. I guess it's fancy enough.

"You look fine!" Edward yelled from the other room.

"Thank you!" I shouted back, without even hesitating.

I made sure everything was alright with mom before following Carlisle outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked after dinner, which was amazing Italian.

"The park."

I raised an eyebrow at Carlisle. We had avoided the park even since the near exposure on his behalf. The one I didn't understand until the vampire secret was spilled.

The park was beautiful under the full moon. The moon lit up the lake, and field.

"Dylan can I asked you something?"

"Of course."

I looked away from the moon and towards Carlisle. It took my a moment to figure out what was going on. Carlisle slowly got down on one knee.

"Carlisle." I whispered.

"Marry me?"

I gasped as Carlisle pulled out a beautiful diamond ring. It was gorgeous, and the perfect size. Not over large, like you see famous billionaires wearing, and not tiny; just perfect.

"Dylan?" Carlisle's voice was soft.

He had gotten up from the ground.

"Of course." I answered, finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?
Feedback?