With Love

Trying

I was speechless the rest of the night. Unable to think of anything to say. Luckily Carlisle didn't mind the silence. I kept catching him glancing over at me. I would smile, and then he would smile, or sometimes the other way around.

Alice greeted us at the door, overly ecstatic. Nessie, Amanda and Rosalie managed to contain themselves until I got to the top of the stairs. Bella and Mom managed to wait until I was in the living room. The guys, they were busy trying to kill each other in the backyard.

Later that night, when everyone was off doing their own thing Carlisle and I got some more alone time.

Mom and Amanda were home and everyone else was hunting. I knew it was planned, it was just too convenient.

"Excited?" Carlisle asked as we laid on his bed.

"Yes. I'll get to spend eternity with you." I whispered.

"There are so many human thing's you'll miss."

"Like what?"

"Getting old, having children, getting grandchildren, dying-"

"I think I'll get over not being able to die." I joked.

"But all the other things." Carlisle exaggerated.

"I have children Carlisle, and it's not impossible for us. Nessie-"

"It's dangerous." Carlisle was suddenly serious again.

"But I want it. I want a child with the man I love. I want a family filled with love, and a child we can spoil. Can't we at least try?"

"We can try, but if it doesn't happen within the first few attempts, can we stop?"

"Can we start attempting tonight?"

Carlisle's expression was priceless. He was beyond shocked. If I wasn't serious I might have laughed.

"You want to?"

"Yeah."

Carlisle leaned down and kissed me softly.

Carlisle kept his promise. We tried, for a week straight. I was beginning to lose hope, thinking I had chosen the wrong time to start trying.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked, entering the living room.

She wasn't as happy as she always seemed to be.

"Nothing, what about you?"

"I'm having headaches again. When ever I try and look into your future it's blurry. I wonder why?"

"It's probably nothing, just something that's undecided."

"Maybe. Now tell me why you're upset."

I hesitated but finally came clean. "Carlisle and I have been trying for a baby for about a week. It hasn't happened. I'm not going to push the subject any farther either."

Alice smiled.

"What?"

She disappeared before I could say anything.

"Alice!" I shouted after her.

I searched the house high and low for her, only to come up empty handed. I finally found her in Carlisle's office. They were deep in conversation. I didn't want to bother them, so I turned around to leave.

"Dylan will you come here?" Carlisle asked, barely loud enough for me to hear.

I walked into the room slowly.

"What is it?"

"I think you finally got your wish." Carlisle answered, smiling.

"What wish?"

"I think you're pregnant."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?
Feedback?