With Love

The Cullen's

"Do I have to?" Amanda asked staring out the window up at the old building.

"Yes." I stated with a smile. "I went here all four years, three years won't kill you."

Amanda groaned and turned to face me. I couldn't help but smile more as she looked absolutely disgusted with the idea of going inside. She looked back out the window and grimaced.

"High school isn't that bad."

"Not when you know people." She muttered unhappily.

"You'll make friends. The town is small. When a new student comes, which isn't very often, they swarm to meet them." Amanda's eyes went wide. "By the time school is over you won't want to leave."

"I doubt that."

Amanda opened the door and slowly climbed out. Sure enough almost everyone stopped to see who the new girl was. She didn't even make it to the door before a few girls had introduced themselves.

With a groan I sat on the couch.

"Dylan, what's wrong?"

Mom came from the kitchen and took a seat opposite from me.

"Just a long day." I mumbled.

"Not many places hiring?"

"No. The hospital isn't taking any new nurses. Every diner, library or small store can't afford new workers."

"Well then your welcome."

"What?"

"I pulled a few strings. The hospital isn't taking new nurses because they already have a new one." Mom smiled before getting up and going back into the kitchen.

"Mom, I told you I would get a job on my own." I complained getting up and following her.

"I know, but as you said no place is hiring. I just wanted to know you would try. Besides, the sooner you get a job the sooner you get out. Not that I don't love having you here."

"I know mom. I love you too."

"You start tomorrow."

I pulled up and waited for Amanda. I noticed her talking away with the girls from earlier. They were talking away and it looked like they were exchanging numbers.

I looked around the parking lot and saw the same girl as yesterday. Only she wasn't just with one guy. She was standing around with a whole gang of people. All just as beautiful as she was.

I tried not to stare.

A few of the people around her noticed her looking in my direction. A small petite girl with short spiked hair looked over. She smiled widely, before turning back to her family.

I looked away when they all started looking.

Does everyone always have a fascination with the new people in town.

Amanda was still talking with her friends. Did she even know I was here?

I honked the horn, short and sweet. Now every single person in the parking lot was staring, not that I cared. Amanda turned and her mouth dropped. She hurried over.

By the time she got to the car her face was bright red.

"Dylan!" She hissed, "Why didn't you just text me?"

"Where's the fun in that?" I asked with a smile.

Amanda hid her face in her hands as I pulled away from the curb. We passed the large family and Amanda groaned and adjusted in her seat when we got stopped right next to them.

"Right in front of the Cullen's too." I heard her mumbled.

I just smiled. I'm doing my job then.

One of the Cullen's, the golden haired male, started laughing. Like he had heard what I just thought.

"Go, just go. Now." Amanda said seeing the traffic moving.

I smiled more and sat there.

"Go!" She yelled before hiding behind her hands again.

I began to drive, laughing to myself.

It was too easy to embarrass my niece. She had always cared way too much about what other people thought of her.

Glancing back in the rearview mirror I saw the Cullen's watching. The petite girl smiling widely.