With Love

Dr. Carlisle Cullen

I woke up early, a few hours earlier than normal.

I had to dig my scrubs out of the bottom of my dresser. I hadn't expected to get another job in a hospital. I had expected a witnessing job, cashiering job, or if I was lucky a desk job.

Amanda was happy for me, yet teased me about how I had gotten the job. Mom only helped her further the teasing, adding embarrassing stories with details.

I dropped Amanda off at school. She didn't complain today. Her friends were waiting outside for her. Amanda joined them and they practically skipped into the school.

Once I was at the hospital I sat and stared up at the building before me. It wasn't huge, but it was big enough. I suddenly felt like Amanda did yesterday.

I forced myself to exit the vehicle and walked towards the hospital.

Just ask for Dr. Cullen My mother's words echoed in my head.

"May I help you?" The receptionist ask as I entered the hospital.

"I'm looking for Dr. Cullen."

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked, allowing the snootiness to show in her voice.

"No. I'm the new nurse here."

"Oh." She paused unhappily. "Down the hall, take a right, his office is the second door on the right."

I followed her instructions exactly. Sure enough I came across a door with Dr. Carlisle Cullen written in bold black letters. I knocked on the door quietly.

I went to knock again when an angelic voice answered, "Come in."

I opened the door and walked in. Trying to be confident.

A golden haired god sat behind the desk. He was going through paperwork. He looked up when the door opened. I saw his amber eyes, they were beautiful.

"You must be Dylan Neilson." He said setting his paperwork down.

"Yes I am."

He put down his paperwork and walked around his desk. He stuck out his hand. I shook it. I tried not to let my shock show, but his hand was freezing. He seemed almost as shocked by the contact as I was.

"It's nice having you aboard. We've been short staffed lately."

"Happy to help. Sorry about it coming from-"

"Your mother?" I nodded embarrassed. "It's alright, she was only trying to help. I owe her a lot so it was no big deal. Not to be insulting but when she first came to me I thought she was getting her son a job."

I couldn't help but laugh, "I get that a lot so no hard feelings."

He laughed along with me. "Let me show you around the hospital. Hopefully tomorrow you'll know what you're doing."

"Good thing I'm a fast learner." I joked.

"If not I'm sure we could work something out."

Carlisle spent the first half of the day telling me where everything, and I mean everything, was. The second half of the day I was shadowing him around the hospital. Throughout the day Carlisle seemed to become more and more uncomfortable. It also seemed as if his eyes were getting gradually darker.

By the end of the day it seemed as if I had been working there for years. Many of the things Carlisle had me doing was the same at my old work, so it came naturally. The only difference was the supplies were in different places.

I caught on quickly. The hospital was very organized.

I now sat in the parking lot waiting for Amanda. The Cullen's were once again parked in the same spot. They were gathered around their vehicles talking, or watching.

"Let's go and please don't embarrass me today." Amanda said getting in the passenger seat quickly.

"Alright. One question?" Amanda groaned. "Want to drive?"

Her eyes shot up to me. "You serious?"

I unbuckled my seat belt and got out, walking around to the passenger side. Amanda hadn't moved, she just sat there in shock.

"You going to drive or do I need to walk all the way back around?"

Amanda squealed in excitement and bolted to the drivers side.