With Love

Long Day

Third Person POV

Alice skipped into the Cullen household. Nessie followed behind her, almost just as excited. Edward and Bella walk in silently.

Carlisle walked into the room as Alice skipped over to Jasper. Emmett chuckled at how happy Alice was. Rosalie ignored her overly peppy sister. Jasper smiled as Alice slid into his arms.

"What are you so happy about Alice?" Emmett couldn't help but ask.

"Nothing." She answered quickly.

Her and Nessie burst into giggles after a second of silence. Edward rolled his eyes at his daughter. He knew Carlisle would never go for it. Bella only smiled slightly.

"Alice?" Carlisle asked.

"Just had a vision."

Everyone turned their attention toward Alice.

When she didn't say anything they went back to what they were doing. Carlisle just shook his head. He knew what the visions were about without even having to ask.

Dylan Neilson.

Dylan's POV

Amanda tried all night long to figure out why the Cullen's were over. Mom didn't crack, she wouldn't even acknowledge that Amanda was asking questions.

I unburied my bike. Amanda was curious of why I wanted it out. I wasn't going to tell her, it was going to be a surprise.

She was also upset when we left for school early. I had to put gas in my motorcycle. The second helmet finally came in handy.

Work was different. Carlisle was back to normal, his eyes were amber again. It was fun working with him. He was very good with his patients. All of the staff members seemed to love him. I finally understood why the receptionist hated me, she saw me as a threat to getting Carlisle.

I learned from the gossip going around that he had recently lost his wife. It was upsetting. I understood why he acted weird yesterday, he's grieving. The thought of almost every woman in the hospital chasing him bugged me.

I kept getting glares from everyone whenever Carlisle asked for my help.

The hospital became really busy that afternoon. People were constantly coming in and out. Many of the patients were women, pregnant women. They were either coming in for check ups, or many of them, had gone into labor.

Carlisle was finding it hilarious whenever the men would get in trouble. Women screaming, "You did this to me!" or "This is all your fault!" or the one that made me laugh, "You need to learn to keep it in your pants!"

As I was checking in a screaming patient when my phone rang.

I answered it while still filling out the paperwork, "Hello?"

"Where are you?" I heard Amanda's voice asking.

"What do you mean? I'm at work."

"It's after four. Schools over."

I swore under my breath.

"Do you think you can find a ride?" I asked.

"I'll try." With that she hung up.

It took a few more hours before the crowd died down. I stayed to help, knowing that it would take forever to finally slow.

"I'm so tired." I whispered while checking out.

"I know what you mean."

I turned to see Carlisle. He was also getting ready to leave.

"Long day?" I joked.

"I never thought that many children would come into the world in one day." He stated.

"Yeah." I agreed.

We walked out together. Earning me more glares from the other nurses.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I said getting my helmet out.

"Have a nice night." Carlisle said.

He got into his Mercedes and drove off.

Once my helmet was on securely I was on I was off.

Amanda was home, thankfully, when I got there.

"Hey, who gave you a ride home?"

"Stephanie."

"One of your friends?"

"Yep. Her mom was more than willing to drive me."

"That's good. Sorry about getting caught up in work." I apologized.

"It's alright."