With Love

Invite

The rest of the week went by quickly. The hospital was less busy, still just as loud. I was temporarily placed in the nursery, helping with the large number of babies that had arrived.

The first day I wasn't sure about it. I hadn't help a baby in a long time, the last being when I held Amanda, 14 years ago. After a while it became more natural. I picked a favorite, a little girl by the name of Stacy Ann Thompson.

She didn't cry a lot and had the cutest blue eyes. She was also my favorite because she had the cutest older brother. He was three and came every hour on the hour to visit her. His name was Noel, his blue eyes matched hers.

His father, John, was proud of the both of them, and Noel took to being a big brother nicely. Stacy had her first stuffed animal, a dog by the name of Dog, that her brother had given her.

It made me sad when she finally went home.

Carlisle was also helping in the nursery. I don't think he had a favorite, he didn't spend much time with them. He mainly checked on them to make sure they were healthy and then left.

I snapped out of my thoughts and took the clipboard back from John.

Noel skipped out of the hospital holding Dog while John wheeled his wife and daughter out.

"Don't tell me you're going to cry." I heard from behind me.

"I'm not." I defended, turning to see Carlisle.

He was smiling. "It's okay to be sad."

"I'm not sad."

"You are too."

"Okay maybe I am."

Carlisle started laugh quietly. I hit him with the clipboard lightly, or at least I thought it was lightly. The clipboard cracked, right down the center.

"Oops." I muttered, holding the clipboard together. "I didn't think I hit you that hard."

"Guess you don't know your own strength." He joked.

"Or you're more muscular than you think." I joked right back.

We both started laugh.

"What's so funny?"

I jumped, screamed and whipped around. Carlisle put his hands on my shoulders to steady me. He started laughing harder.

Alice stood in front of me a small smile on her face. "Sorry."

"It's okay."

"I truly am sorry. Maybe you should come over for dinner. As an apology." Alice suggested.

An invite to dinner just for scaring me. I raised an eyebrow.

"It's alright."

"You don't want to come for dinner?" Alice started frowning.

"No that's not it, I'd love to come to dinner it's just-"

"Great. Amanda and Angela can come too. Tomorrow at seven." Alice said happily before turning around and skipping out of the hospital.

Carlisle removed his hands for my shoulder allowing me to turn around. I tipped my head in confusion. Carlisle just shrugged his shoulders.

"Is she always like that?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"She's normally happy, but she doesn't just invite people over normally."

"Oh."

"I guess I'll see tomorrow night."

"Yeah, I guess."

"How was your day?" Mom asked at dinner.

"We were invite over to the Cullen's for dinner tomorrow night." I stated, still confused.

"Oh, I'm going over to Stephanie's tomorrow night." Amanda said. "She invite me over for a sleep over. I asked Nana and she said I could. I hope that's not a problem."

"It's not. Mom and I can go."

"Actually, I have my bowling group tomorrow night." Mom said.

"I guess I'm going alone then."

"Don't do anything stupid and be sure to dress nicely." Amanda said with a smile.

Great, I'm going alone. I sure hope Alice won't be offended by it.