With Love

Overdressed

I didn't work the next day. It was Saturday, my only day off. Amanda was happy, no school. She was home with me while mom was at work. She worked at the local library.

Amanda walked into my room and sat down on the bed.

"What are you planning on wearing?" She asked as I was looking through my closet.

"Jeans?"

I turned her direction just in time. She made a face of disgust but was quick to hide it. She started to laugh when she noticed that I had seen.

"Oh really?" I asked crossing my arms.

She nodded, smiling shyly.

"Well then, what would you have me wear?"

Amanda jumped up excitedly and ran to my closet.

I moved out of the way as clothing started flying out of the closet. The room began to get littered with clothing.

"I'll have to clean my room before I go." I joked to myself.

"Boo-woo." I heard Amanda mutter.

A few minutes later, after the clothing had stopped flying, Amanda walked out.

"This."

Amanda held up a dark red sweater, a knee length black skirt and a black scarf. She also held my favorite pair of knee high black boots.

"Isn't that a little formal?"

"He's a doctor. This might be considered underdressed."

"Amanda, him being a doctor doesn't mean he wears a suit and tie everyday."

"I've seen his children."

Amanda held the clothing forward. When I didn't take it she pushed it farther forward smiling. I stood staring at her. She frowned and shoved it into my arms.

"Wear it." She demanded leaving the room.

"What about my hair?" I asked sarcastically.

"Down with a red bow on the right side." Amanda stated appearing back in the doorway.

I rolled my eyes as she walked away, again.

"I feel over dressed." I mumbled walking into the living room.

"You look great. Carlisle is going to love it."

"It's not a date." I stated.

"Whatever." She mumbled getting up.

Amanda grabbed her coat.

"Can you drop me off at Stephanie's on your way?"

"Sure."

Amanda tossed me my keys. I caught them and followed her out the door.

Luckily I had asked Carlisle for directions after work yesterday. I would have gotten lost without the detail of them.

I gasped when I saw the beautiful modern house.

Before I even had my door shut Alice was opening the front door.

"You showed up." She sounded surprised.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"No reason. Come on in."

I followed Alice up into the kitchen. I couldn't help but laugh as she skipped the entire way without missing a beat.

Everyone was in the kitchen. The guys were cooking while the women stood around chatting and watching.

"Hello." I said.

Everyone replied in their own fashion. The big muscular one waved with the knife he was cutting with.

Alice introduced me to everyone. Emmett was the one who waved with the knife. They all seemed like they belonged in a magazine. Jacob was the only one who stuck out, although he could still be placed in a magazine.

"Where are Amanda and Angela?"

"Amanda's at a sleepover with Stephanie. Angela's out bowling with her team."

Emmett laughed. "Isn't she a little old for bowling?"

"She's not even sixty." I answered with a laugh.