All I Ever Wanted

Math

Jake came closer and put his hands on the ladder. I let go, unsure of what he was up to. He slowly began to lower the ladder to the ground. I backed away, a little afraid of what might happen.

Soon the ladder was close enough to the ground Robbie let his feet swing and he was soon standing. He let go of the ladder and helped Jake set it on the ground.

"Thanks." He muttered rubbing the back of his neck.

"No problem." Jake muttered back.

"You okay Robbie?" I asked walking over to him.

"Yeah. It's just a little nerve racking."

Jerry and Landon soon came outside. Kenny must have told them what happened. Jerry looked at the ladder then at Robbie. I could see him trying to figure it out in his head.

"Jacob." Robbie said, explaining everything in one word.

Jerry and Landon just nodded their heads.

Jacob left a few minutes after that. An awkward silence developed and he excused himself. I didn't want him to leave, but also didn't want him to feel uncomfortable around my brothers.

Landon went up on the ladder and he and Jerry set it back up. Robbie refused to be near the ladder, so Jerry stood holding the end of the ladder. I volunteered to do it, but Jerry said I needed to get my homework done. Which was true, math homework sucked.

"How's it going?" Kenny asked, walking into my room.

I groaned in response. Math just kept getting harder.

"That good huh?"

"I don't get it." I mumbled lying my head on my book.

Kenny laughed and walked over. He stole my book from under me, causing my head to fall against my desk. I groaned again from the sudden impact. Kenny laughed at me as he read over the Algebra problems.

After a few minutes of staring at the book Kenny let out a long low whistle. I lifted my head, looking up at him.

"Anything?"

"No. I have no clue."

"Great." I mumbled as he handed me my book back.

"Good luck."

Kenny left the room. Leaving me to stare at the evil math book. I sighed and began to tap it with my pencil.

"I hear you need help with math."

I looked up at Chance with a cheesy smile. I nodded my head.

"Let me take a look."

I handed the book to Chance.

It didn't take long before Chance started explaining the problems. One by one I started to understand it. It was much easier with the slow explanation. Unlike my teacher, Mr. Stern, who would show an example of each type of problem without explaining it and then expect you to understand it.

"Thanks Chance." I said putting my book in my bag.

"No problem." He said with a smile.

"Olli downstairs now!"

I jumped at the sudden sound of Chance's voice. I pulled the ear buds out of my ears and threw my iPod onto my bed.

I wasn't fast enough.

I opened my door and came face to face with Chance. He grabbed my arm and proceeded to drag me into the kitchen. Landon stood in the kitchen waiting.

"What's going on?" I asked as I was pasted from Chance to Landon.

I wasn't answered.

Chance disappeared out the door. I caught a glimpse of the others outside, in their wolf form. It didn't take long for Chance to change. They were gone in minutes.

I looked up at Landon confused.

"It'll be alright." He muttered.

He led my downstairs, into the basement.

I had yet to be in the basement, but it wasn't much. It had yet to be finished. The lights were still off. Although turning on the single hanging light wouldn't do much to lit up the room.

Landon and I sat down in the corner. Farthest away from the door and windows.

I leaned into Landon. He carefully wrapped an arm over my shoulder and pulled me into a hug.

What the hell is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update. I haven't been feeling well and still aren't completely healthy. Updates will be slower than usual until I'm back to my old self again. Sorry.