All I Ever Wanted

Plot

I could feel it in my bones as we passed over the La Push border. The world seemed to change as we did. But instead of feeling freer, like I thought I would, I felt more chained down.

I pushed the feeling to the back of my mind. Happy to just be with Jacob for now.

After nearly three hours of running Jacob stopped. Time had flown quickly. I didn't know we had been traveling for three hours until we stopped and I looked at my watch. We were in a small clearing, big enough for us to rest in.

The sun was setting.

I was sure Jacob was tired. I was tired and hadn't been the one carrying extra weight.

Jacob quickly shifted back. I handed him a pair of shorts, holding my hand over my eyes.

"You're so cute." Jacob said pulling me into a hug.

I just laughed.

We laid down together. Jacob used the bag as a pillow for himself and I used him. I smiled to myself as I drifted into sleep.

Maybe things would work out as we hope.

When morning came Jacob was quickly to get going again. He wanted as much distance as possible between us and La Push.

A quick breakfast and we were off.

After nearly an hour of running Jacob stopped dead in his tracks. We weren't in a clearing or by a lake, not even near a road. We were on a cliff, near the edge. It was a steep cliff with a deadly drop. And he just stopped.

I got off of his back, assuming he wanted to shift back.

Instead Jacob moved forward slowly. He was crouching low to the ground. I followed, staying as low as I could and yet still move. As we neared the edge Jacob bit back a growl.

I held in a gasp.

Down at the bottom of the cliff was a group of males. They ranged from black to pale white. It also wasn't just any group. It was Nick and Wade. They were standing in human form surrounded by a group of thirty others. Some in human form, most in wolf.

What was left of my father's pack stood before us.

The pack had grown from the last battle, over a year ago. Newbie's sat among them.

I placed a hand on Jacob's neck, trying to signal for him to be quiet.

"Why can't we attack yet?" One of the newbie's questioned rudely.

He stood, trying to tower over Nick.

"We need them separated, it will be easier that way. Eventually Landon will have to leave, unwanted on other packs turf. That's when we strike. While they are busy getting rid of Landon we'll get rid of them." Nick answered.

Almost everyone in the clearing smiled. It was a sickening smile, one only the crazed or possessed ever did.

"Once we rid La Push of its protectors your feast can begin." Wade said, addressing the newbie's.

Only I knew now that they weren't newbie's. From the way they spoke to the pack leaders and how they were being spoken to I knew they weren't even apart of the pack.

As the sun broke through the trees my assumption was proven right.

The newbie's sparkled as the sun hit them.

Vampires.

Jacob growled softly. Luckily the vampires and wolves were too busy to hear it.

Jacob grabbed my shirt and guided me backwards.

Once far enough away I stood and followed Jacob quietly out of hearing distance.

"Vampires." I said once clear. "Vampires Jake. We have to go back now. We have to warn them."

Jacob shook his head.

"We can't leave our family defenseless."

Jacob shook his head again.

"Think about the people of La Push. If we don't go back they'll become snack for the vampires in the clearing. Think about your father. What would he say? What about my brother, your pack mates? Sam needs you Jacob."

Jacob nodded his head in agreement this time. I jumped back onto Jacob's back. Not even a day gone and we were returning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?