All I Ever Wanted

Baring Bad News

Jacob ran quickly through the forest. Faster than I had ever seen or felt before. He was making record time. The ground pounded as he ran. But he was pushing himself hard, possibly to hard.

Jacob could end up hurt.

It was a while before Sam's house came into view. I assumed we had been traveling for at least three hours, faster than when we had left. I was wrong, it had only been two and half, that worried me.

Jacob was panting loudly when he stopped in front of Sam's house.

I slide off his back and ran for the door.

It swung open before I could reach it. The door slammed against the side of the house as Sam and Paul walked out.

Sam didn't look happy.

"Sam-"

"Shut it." Paul snapped.

"But-"

They pushed past me and went over to Jacob. He was panting slightly lighter, but it was still panting.

It was then that I noticed Jacob's paws were bleeding, or covered in blood. I wasn't sure if his paws had healed yet or not.

"Sam the vamp-"

"Turn around."

I did as ordered, knowing Jacob was going to shift back.

"Jake you don't look to good." Sam commented a few minutes later.

"Don't feel so great either but-"

"You can talk later. Right now you need rest."

"Cause apparently your imprint thought speed travel was better than pacing yourself." Paul muttered.

I flinched at the harshness in his words, but wasn't going to let them stop me. I knew something that Sam needed to know.

"Vampires are planning on attacking La Push." I shouted at them.

Jacob merely nodded when Sam looked over at him.

"Let's get you inside." Sam said.

I turned back around finally. Jacob was covered in dirt. His hands and feet were covered slightly in blood. I could tell that he wasn't bleeding anymore, his wounds had healed.

Sam and Paul helped Jacob get inside, with me following silently.

Paul set Jacob down on the couch while Sam got a glass of water. Nobody else was in the house, but I didn't really care at the moment.

I wanted desperately to sit next to Jacob but Paul's look kept me back. I stood next to the door, easy escape. Paul's eyes never left me.

Jacob chugged the glass of water as soon as Sam handed it to him.

"About the vampires?"

Jacob laid his head back and closed his eyes.

"They want La Push as feeding grounds." I answered when Jacob didn't.

A growl came from Paul. Sam waited for Jacob to nod. When he did Sam gained a concerned look.

"Why La Push?" Sam muttered to himself.

"They followed us." I whispered, hoping that only Sam heard me.

I was wrong.

"You lead them here?! You and your brothers?!" Paul stood, shaking.

I nodded reaching for the door handle.

Paul took a step forward and I was out. I wasn't going to stay in a house with a pissed off wolf.

I heard the door slam. Someone was following me, and I was sure it was Paul. Jacob was too tired, Sam wouldn't let him leave. Sam, Sam was Sam.

Not thinking I ran into the woods.

I was tackled to the ground a few minutes into the forest.

"Let me go!" I yelled trying to fight him off.

"Olivia stop it."

I froze at the sound of Sam's voice.

I turned my head so I could see him. He didn't look upset, more concerned than anything. I felt the ground beneath me leave.

I stayed silent as Sam carried me back to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?
Feedback?