All I Ever Wanted

Plan

Emily was standing on the porch when the house came into sight. Embry and Jared were standing next to her.

As we got closer I noticed how confused they all were.

"Sam?" Emily asked when we were close enough.

"I'll explain once inside." He muttered.

Emily nodded and followed him, us, in. Paul was sitting at the kitchen table. Sam set me down once he was out of the way of the door.

"Care to explain?" Jared asked.

"Paul scared Olivia." Sam stated simply walking into the living room.

Paul, Jared and Embry followed Sam. Leaving me alone with Emily.

"You left." She stated.

"I didn't want to leave Jacob, we ran away."

"Good job at that." She said with a laugh.

I didn't say anything. I just watched as she started collecting ingredients from the cupboards. She started cooking, mixing things together quickly.

Suddenly she slammed the bowl she was mixing onto the counter.

"Why?"

My attention snapped to her eyes.

"Huh?"

"Why did you come back? They're going to separate you two." Emily sounded upset.

"We ran across a large group of vampires and wolves. They're working together. They're going to attack La Push, the vampires want it for feeding grounds and somehow got the wolves involved."

I paused when I heard the door to the living room open.

"The wolves are my father's old pack." I whispered.

"What do you mean by old pack?" Emily asked softly.

"My uncle wanted power and killed my father. The pack split up after that, much to my uncles despair. He sent his sons, Wade and Nick, after everyone. Two of the packs were slaughtered. Ours and Cody's are the only packs left from the original. I should say Cody's is the only one left." I whispered the last part.

"This changes things."

I turned to see Sam standing in the doorway.

"How so?"

"Paul can't say you planned this all along."

"You're still outnumbered."

"Not by much."

I raised an eyebrow.

"The Cullen's. Remember the first night here when Jacob imprinted on you." I nodded, recalling the vampires that were in the clearing. "They owe us. We helped them fight off an enemy, I'm sure they'll do the same."

"Eighteen against thirty isn't very good odds."

The rest of the pack and Landon showed up in the kitchen before Sam could say anything else. He filled them in on what was happening. Paul seemed a little less angry with me after hearing the whole story. Landon didn't say anything. He stood in the back, behind everyone staring at the ground.

"What are we going to do about the odds? We can't win if they stay like this." Leah said, causing almost everyone to glare at her.

Sam stayed silent.

"We find Cody." Landon said from the back.

"Landon, he could be anywhere by now."

"It's the best option we have." Sam agreed.

"I'll take Olivia with me. Cody hasn't always liked me but he was protective over Olivia. She'll be the only one who can convince him to come." Landon said.

"No." Paul snapped. "You two go and you might never come back."

"Then you can take her." Sam said.

"Why can't Jake?"

"Jacob's being punished. He ran away and isn't in the best of health at the moment. You go with Olivia or let Landon go and take your chances on them returning."

Paul glared at the ground.

"Fine, I'll go." He muttered. "I don't trust him."

I looked to Landon for help but he offered none.

Within one hours time I was being pushed onto Paul's back with a bag of necessities. Landon could only give us a heading, North. Cody had always liked Canada.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Subscribe?
Feedback?