All I Ever Wanted

Hurt

Olivia's POV

We ate in silence. I didn't know how to go about asking my request. My brothers were stuffing their faces. I was hoping that was a good sign.

They were pleased to find food no the table when they got home. No questions were asked, a few suspicious looks from Kenny but that was it.

"What is it Olli?" Jerry finally asked, being the first to finish eating.

"Nothing." I muttered, giving up on the idea.

"It isn't nothing." He pressed.

"I wanted to go to the beach again, but never mind." I got up and started cleaning the dishes.

I didn't see the looks my brothers were giving each other, silently having a conversation with hand gestures and facial expressions. I concentrated on cleaning, not wanting to become even sadder.

I couldn't explain it. I knew I was kept here for safety, but I felt like I was caged.

"You can go."

I dropped the plate I was cleaning. It landed back in the water, not breaking but splashing soap everywhere.

"What?"

I turned around to face them.

"You can go to the beach." Kenny said again, pointing towards the door.

Chance and Robbie didn't look happy while Landon and Jerry were smiling proudly.

"Thank you." I said grabbing my coat and bolting out the door.

It didn't take long to get to the beach.

I ran most of the way.

I was secretly hoping the pack would be standing around a bonfire again. That way Jacob would be there.

I grinned happily when I saw the water in front of me. The waves were splashing against the rocks. The sun was slowly making it's way down. It was so beautiful. If it wasn't so cold out I would have jumped in.

I walked down to the waters edge. Getting close enough to feel the coolness of the water.

I heard a girl laughing. I turned to see a pale brown haired girl walking with someone. I couldn't make out who, I just assumed it was one of Jacob's friends with his imprint.

As they walked close I noticed that it was Jacob.

He was smiling and chatting away with the girl. Now I assumed it was just one of his friends.

"Jacob!" I yelled, hoping to catch his attention.

It did. He turned towards me and grinned wider. The girl also turned to face me, only she didn't smile.

She said something to gain his attention back. The next thing that happened I desperately wished wouldn't have. The girl kissed Jacob.

It hurt to watch, so I didn't.

I ran home.

Jacob's POV

I smiled when I saw Olivia standing near the water. She wasn't that far away. She had actually managed to get away from her brothers.

"Jacob." Bella said, a little anger in her words.

I looked back towards Bella. She looked upset but it quickly went away. I felt her lips against mine suddenly. I had always pictured this, wanted this.

When Bella finally stopped knowing I wouldn't respond Olivia was gone.

"Bella what the hell was that for?" I asked angry.

"You can't be with her anyway Jake."

"You have Edward." I growled.

"I'm just trying to keep you from getting hurt." She stated looking away.

"You leading me on isn't supposed to hurt me?!" I could feel myself starting to shake.

"I should go now." Bella noticed it.

"Yes you should."

Bella left quickly, knowing fully well what was going on.

I sat down on the beach calming myself.

Olivia had risked a lot coming down to the beach. I was glad, I could spend more time with her. But no, Bella had to ruin it.

I finally saw what Bella was. She was helpless, needed everyone to like her just to survive. I remember when Edward had left, she needed me. She led me on until Edward came back. Then she was gone, not caring the effect she had on me.

I had to apologize to Olivia. She needed to know the truth.