Status: complete!(:

Unseen

Thanksgving.

ALY: Right now, I’m standing, alone, in a cold phone booth. It’s Thanksgiving. I’m trying to hold it together. I’m trying to push through this stupid waste of a holiday. I know it used to be our favorite. But I’m thankful for some things. I’m thankful that you are – hopefully – safe. I am thankful that HE is no longer a part of me. But you’re not. You are probably thankful that HE is there. You are probably thankful that HE is sitting by you, comforting you, holding you, worrying with you. That scares me. But I won’t say what scares me the most. I don’t trust this message machine. It’s probably HIM I’m talking to. It’s probably HIM that I am bearing my soul to. But I want you to know, Mom, that I love you. I love you more than anything. Please don’t ever forget that. Never forget it.

******************************************************************************

I never used to run. I was one of those thin girls, but I was squishy. “Soft” you might call it. I didn’t care. I had plenty of dates and boys and friends with benefits. I had plenty of everything. I was in the play and the musical. I was a cheerleader. I was popular, somebody that everyone wanted to be, the type of girl who was listed first in the boy’s room on the list of ‘Girls to get with’. Everything changed, just like it always does. HE found me. HE introduced me to the world of fashion and modeling and acting. And it was all so new and fresh and my eyes were huge with excitement and my mind was stuck on words like ‘movies’ and ‘commercials’ and ‘famous’. But now I run. And I run. And I run. And I run. Away from the world, away from the pain, away from HIM.