Status: complete!(:

Unseen

Valentine's Day.

ALY: Right now, it’s Valentine’s Day. I hope you’re not crying. You have no idea how much I wish I could be with you, remembering Daddy, talking about him and laughing over silly stories. I’m doing that myself, in this small ocean town. I went and threw sand in the ocean, remembering one good thing about him for each tiny grand that flew from my hand. I threw three handfuls and didn’t even run out of good things, but the moms were looking at me with wary eyes so I decided I had better leave. Now I’m calling you, to say that I still love you. I always will. It doesn’t matter to me that this is the holiday for love and the only person I love is on the other side of the country…[rushed] I’ve said too much. Spoke too soon. Stupid, stupid Aly. HE’S going to find you. Why’d you say that? Idiot. Don’t forget, Mom, I love you.

******************************************************************************

Sometimes, depending on how tired I am or how lonely, I allow myself to think about the other boy. The good one. The smart, handsome, nice one. Not the monster. Not HIM. I let my mind wander back to the days of stolen kisses underneath the bleachers and long nights wandering the city together. I let myself imagine his hair, his lips, his eyes, his smell. I let my heart beat out a frenzied, romantic pattern and the butterflies flutter in my tummy for just a few short sweet moments. I let my feet wearily drag my body to the east, to home. I let my hormones rage and my head spin before forcing myself to look at reality. Before forcing myself to stop caring. Before forcing Andrew Charleston out of my mind. Before remembering HIM and the way IT felt. Before dying inside again.

******************************************************************************

ALY: Right now, I feel like a horrible daughter. I cannot believe I hung up on you last time, Mom. I just can’t risk being found. I can’t go back to HIM. I’m so sorry that I can’t be with you. I love you so much. I’ll try to call again soon. Please don’t ever forget how much I love you.