‹ Prequel: Alone This Holiday
Status: Fully Active

Family Portrait

Chapter One

Sometimes all you ever want is a proper functioning family, or at least that's all Scotty Haner ever wanted. He didn't care for his Dads high profile career and his mother’s fourth pregnancy; he just wanted his parents to stop fighting.

Brian and Lincoln had undergone a paternity test, the crying two year old balled his eyes out the entire time he had the needle in his arm. Anna’s natural maternal instincts kicked in and she was also trying to comfort the young boy while his mother held his hand.

When Alice asked the nurse when the results would be ready she answered, "Three weeks, or so," in a thick Italian accent, a sympathetic smile on her face as Brian watched on with a confused face. He didn't know what to feel, he didn't care for Lincoln as his son. But he knew if Lincoln was his son he'd probably change that attitude, but he hadn't been declared his son yet.

They went their separate ways after that, Brian and Anna went grocery shopping via some clothes they saw for Aedan. The air around them seemed to be thick, like they were trying to force a relationship that wasn't there. Sure enough Brian loved Anna more them life itself, but Anna wasn't sure that she could love Brian and his many flaws that seemed to be ruining their relationship.

His cheating had bought so much heart break to their once perfect relationship. But now their relationship needed to be fixed quickly, secretly they were both preying the birth of their next child would bring them closer together. Anna was sure this would be her last pregnancy, she couldn't emotionally handle another.

It was the New Year, 2010, and they were both hoping 2010 would be the best year. But they both new it was a long shot.

January held Anna's 26th birthday. There was a party being planned that she didn't want, but she'd learnt many years ago to not bother fighting what he Mum wanted for her. It was useless to argue with her, she always seemed to win.

Scotty would spend hours in his room, not doing anything in particular just sitting on his bed. Not daring to leave his room just to hear his parents fighting or not even acknowledge each others existence.

Of course both Anna and Scotty had noticed their son's lack of happiness. They'd discussed maybe sending him to therapy, so he could talk about what's going on. But Scotty had inherited stubbornness from both his parents; there was no way he'd talk to a total stranger about his family.

On the 7th of January 2010 Scotty witnessed his parents having a yelling match. Brian wanted to go out to a pub with one of the bands roadies, Danny. Anna had scoffed and said, "Bullshit, I bet you're going to go fuck some whore,"

Scotty stood in the doorway of their bedroom, watching with tears run down his face. In his arm he was holding onto his stuffed bear that stayed on his bed unless he was scared.

"Fuck Anna, why do you assume that I'm still like that? I've changed and you know it,"

"If I knew you'd changed would we be having this argument, you asshole," She spat, "You know what, fine, go! Spend even less time with Scotty and Aedan,"

She turned to walk out of the room only to see Scotty standing there with wet cheeks and more tears ready to fall.

"Scotty," Brian turned at the mention of Scotty's name to see his son as well, "Baby what're you doing here? I thought you were asleep," Anna asked, kneeling in front of him and trying to hug him. He stepped back and ran to his room where he picked up his school bag, shoving clothes in there.

He left through the front door of the house, his parents not noticing as they were at each others throats again. Scotty walked away with his family portrait in one hand and his bag in the other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short first chapter, but it kinda sets the story.

I hope you all like it, please let me know what you think, any questions and opinions are appreciated

And I'm still looking for a banner! So if you make the 'winning' one you will become a character in this story.

Love
XxX_Numb_XxX