‹ Prequel: Alone This Holiday
Status: Fully Active

Family Portrait

Chapter Two

Brian decided not to go out that night, it wasn't worth another argument when he got home at 2am blind drunk. The sight of his son from earlier was still in his head, he didn't think he could enjoy himself knowing his son was so hurt.

Anna broke down into tears, and fell into her husbands waiting arms. She apologised to him, blaming her outburst on stress, fear and hormones. Brian forgave her, kissing her cheek and telling her how much he loved her.

Carrying Riley in his arm, Brian went to Scotty's room to talk to him about what'd happened. When he opened the door the sight of his son not being there was off putting, he knew he went in there.

"Anna did you see where Scotty went?" Brian called, walking into the kitchen where Anna was making a bottle for Daniel. "I thought he went to his room,"

They searched the house, high and low. All the possible hiding spots were searched and then they both started to panic. Brian went driving in his car around a few blocks in search of him. When after an hour he turned up nothing, heavens gates opened and rain fell from the sky. The already cold temperature plummeted into lower numbers.

Brian answered his phone with a simple, "Yeah?"

"Dad?"

"Scotty where are you?" Brian asked, slamming his foot on the break then pulling over to the side of the road.

Scotty paused before saying, "Mum didn't mean the nasty things she said,"

"Its okay, Scotty. Where are you?" Brian questioned softly, "Are you somewhere warm?"

"There's a payphone at McDonalds, near the smokers table," He said, tears in his eyes. Brian sighed, McDonalds was on the other side of town the exit lead into the PCH where a kid his age wouldn't have been safe.

"I'll be there in a second. Go inside and choose something warm, and I'll pay when I get there. You hear me? Go and stay inside," Brian told him firmly. He started the car as he hung up, and drove to McDonalds. He leaned over to the backseat and got a warm A7X merchandise jumper that he'd found earlier. He knew it'd be a bit to large for Scotty, but it'd be warmer then nothing.

He went inside to the store, being careful not to slip on the damp tiled ground. Scotty was sitting on a chair, hands in his lap and tears still falling from his eyes. His hair was soaking wet and sticking to his face.

Brian ran over to Scotty, nearly slipping over but held him close as soon as he got near him.

"Please don't ever scare me like that," Brian begged, kissing his forehead. "Here put this on," Scotty did as he was asked, then stood there facing his Dad. He knew he was in trouble, but not sure of how much; Scotty had never been 'smacked' by his parents, they didn't believe in that kind of punishment. But he knew he was in a lot of trouble.

"Did you decide what you'd like?" Brian asked, picking him up with ease and holding him on his hip. Although he was seven he was still light as a feather and easy to carry around.

"No,"

"C'mon, I'm starving and Mum hasn't started dinner yet," They got enough food for the entire family, totalling nearly a hundred dollars, but that didn't worry him. All that worried Brian Haner Jrs mind was that his son was deeply being affected by the problems him and Anna were having.

Scotty ate his dinner not saying a word, even when Anna asked him if he was okay. A shrug appeared to be the only response any one would be getting from him.

"Are your fries good?" He shrugged.

"Did you want to talk about what happened?" Again he shrugged.

"How about we just leave it til morning," Anna said, kissing his head and going to the bedroom where she broke down into tears. She couldn’t get the thoughts out of her head that she was bringing the family down; it wasn’t something she intended to happen. As she sat on the end of the bed a soft hand was on her back, then a little body was curled up at her side. Scotty leant his head into her side, and cuddled her.

“Stop crying, it hurts me, too,” He told her, saying his first words since getting back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry it's not great :(
Thanks heaps for the comments :)

Remember, if you make the banner I choose for the story you'll get the chance to be a character in the story.

XxX_Numb_XxX