Nothing Has Changed. Nothing at All.

Eight.

When Gabe finally got back, he rushed forward to Aria and scooped her up in his arm and hugged her tightly. “I miss you so much. Why didn’t you come with us?” And covered her face with a kisses.

“I, uh, decided to stay because I don’t need anymore clothes, and I wanted to get to know my idols a little more,” she smiled.

Gabe put her down slowly. “So, what’s your verdict so far? Are we all you thought we were cracked up to be?” he asked plainly.

“No. You’re all everything and more. I’m lucky to be here.” She heard a collective ‘Awww’ surround her and realized they were all listening. The band members caved in on her and hugged her. “I definitely never thought this would happen.”

After a few minutes, things grew awkward, and Nate was the first one to let go. Then it was Vicky, who smiled warmly at Aria, and Ryland, who chuckled jokingly. After it was Gabe, but not before he kissed her lightly on the cheek. Finally it was Alex, who stared at her, expressionless.

“Well, we better go get ready. Come on, Aria, I want to show you what I bought!” Vicky T drew Aria away from Alex’s gaze and took her shopping bags into the bunk room.

After a few hours of trying on all of her clothes, finding the perfect outfit, Cobra Starship was ready for sound check.

Aria stood from the sidelines like she did nearly every night and pieced together the way they worked. As they tuned their instruments, she tried to keep her eyes on Gabe – especially when he smiled lovingly at her – but they kept trailing over to where Alex was standing, sitting on an amplifier and trying to get his bass to the right tune.

Once they’d finished, there were messes and piles of cords everywhere and just as they ended the last song of their set, The Church of Hot Addiction, Aria ran out and tripped over the black snakes that wove their way in and out of the guitar racks.

“Woah…Aria. Are you okay?” he asked. His eyes bore into hers, as if trying to read her every though. For a few seconds they stared at each other, oblivious to the rest of the band waiting for them to move. Ryland let out a loud, obnoxious cough and they were flown back into reality.

“Yeah. You just saved me from smashing my head open. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he smiled at her.

“Hey babe, let’s go back to the bus. Meet and Greets aren’t for fifteen minutes.” Gabe wrapped his sweaty arm around Aria and together they walked off, leaving Nate mouthing, “What the fuck?” at the bassist and Vicky T and Ryland reading each others’ thoughts.

It wouldn’t be the first time that Alex would save Aria, either.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am deleting this story. Just thought you all should know. If you want to know what happens, email me. Otherwise, bye. (: