Status: Active

Hogwarts, A Musical

Third Year, First Semester Part 2

Draco lay moaning in his hospital bed over his bleeding arm. Bekkah sat next to him after she kicked Pansy out of the room. "GET OUT!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A NO SKANKS ALLOWED ROOM!" shouted Bekkah as she slammed the door in her face. "Now, are you okay?"

"What the fuck do you think?!" groaned Draco. "The damn turkey tore into me!"

"Well, you provoked it," said Bekkah. "Why'd you have to do that? You know you could have hurt the Bronte boy..."

"I don't care, he's absolutely fine, I'm not!" growled Draco. "And why the fuck do you care about Trey?"

Bekkah blushed. "He's not a bad kid, Dray. He's quite funny actually."

"OH MY GOD!" shouted Draco. "YOU ARE FRIENDS WITH THAT-"

"Don't you dare!" said Bekkah. "He's nothing but nice and sweet to me. He's not like Crabbe and Goyle, who try to rape me when you're not looking."

"NOW THAT'S NOT TRUE!"

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW! YOU'RE TOO BUSY WITH YOUR UPCOMING MUSICAL!"

Draco opened his mouth, and then closed it. Yeah, he was thinking about the musical. Ever since school let out last year, and he knew he'd be eligible to be in it, Draco was looking forward to getting the lead in the new musical at school. Wow, he'd forgotten all about it till now.

"Well, how can I try out looking like this?!" he hissed.

"Shut up, you know you'll be healed by then," said Bekkah. "And you'll be Romeo in Romeo and Juliet, and then you'll bitch about who will be your Juliet, and then bitch about something else..."

"Whatever," said Draco as he closed his eyes. "When are tryouts?"

"In a few days," said Bekkah. "Good luck."

Draco rolled his eyes. Like he needed it.
_______________________________________________________________________

It was audition time, and finally Draco was healed and ready to try out. Pft, like he really needed to. He had Romeo in the bag. He strode into the room to face Snape, who was the one who was testing the student's vocal capabilities. If you could sing in front of him, you could sing in front of anyone.

"Ah, Draco, so nice of you to join," Snape smirked. "Tell me, what are you going to sing?"

"Me," smirked Draco. "From Beauty and the Beast."

"You've been dreaming, just one dream
Nearly all your life
Hoping, scheming, just one theme:
Will you be a wife?
Will you be some he-man's property?
Good news!
That he-man's me!
This equation, girl plus man
Doesn't help just you
On occasion, women can
Have their uses too
Mainly to extend the fam'ly tree
Pumpkin, extend with me!
"

"Let me give you a piece of advice," said Snape. "Next time, choose a song that doesn't involve you making the listener uncomfortable. Learn who your audience will be and sing a song appropriate to it. You've got the lead. Now, I want you to sit behind the curtain, and listen in on the auditions. Flash me a thumbs up or down."

Draco nodded, and took a seat behind the curtain. "NEXT!" bellowed Snape. "What will you sing?"

"Memory, from Cats," said a familiar voice. It was Joanne Bellacuore. Draco prepared himself to hear her awful singing.

"Daylight
See the dew on the sunflower
And a rose that is fading
Roses whither away
Like the sunflower
I yearn to turn my face to the dawn
I am waiting for the day . . .
"

"That was very beautiful," sighed Snape. "You will be casted, but I am unsure of your part. Good job, Miss Bellacuore."

Draco's jaw dropped to the floor. Wow. Who knew Joanne could sing and pour her heart into such a song like that? His hand rose in a thumbs up move, and then he lowered it.

"I'm going to sing Don't Stop Believing by Journey," said Trey. He cleared his throat, and then began to sang in a soulful, rock voice.

"Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice
Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose
Some are born to sing the blues
And now the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop believin
Hold on to that feelin'
Streetlight, people
DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"

The sound of his voice echoed, and sent chills down Snape's and Draco's spines. This kid had talent, there was no denying it. The question was, were THEY going to deny his talent.

"Mr. Bronte that was quite nice," said Snape. "I'll give you the part of Tybalt. You get to fight and kill Romeo."

"AWESOME!" said Trey, and he skateboarded out of the audition room. Draco groaned, and put two thumbs up. He couldn't possibly give Trey a thumbs down after that.

"Yeah I'm here for this. Singing Flyleaf's Breath Today," said a female voice.

"You try your hardest to perfect your explanations...
You lie until they've run out of questions
You can only move as fast as whose in front of you
And if you assume just like them, what good will it do?
So find out for yourself, so your ignorance will stop bleeding through.
Only one thing big enough to fill the void that's inside of you
It's just a breath away.
You can breathe today.
So many, Lies swarming, Around You, You're suffocating
The empty, shape in you, Steals your breath you're suffocating.
"

"THIS ONE IS JULIET!" shouted Draco as he tore out from behind the curtain He suddenly fell, and was wrapped tightly in it, and unable to untangle himself. He felt probing hands that tried to help him, and once he was freed, he looked into the face of the girl who was going to be his Juliet to his Romeo: Autumn Bronte.