Disease

prologue

“It’s just not fair.” I mumbled in response to Oli’s counter argument.

I slammed the bedroom door shut and locked it behind me. I didn’t want to be around him for the time being. I didn’t want to be around anyone for that matter.

I sat down on the bed and looked down at the inside of my arm. The small needle prick was hidden by a piece of cotton with tape holding it down. I laid back and looked up at the ceiling, tears meeting the back of my eyes.

Why me?

I went to the doctor to donate some blood for fuck's sake and the doctor comes back all smiley, like I want to hear his news, like nothing is wrong. And I watch as his lips part and he speaks through the hair covering his top lip.

And I'm told I've got a life altering disease.

Something that could potentially kill me, and ultimately will end up killing me. Something I won’t be able to work through and overcome like everything else in my life.

I coughed roughly and rushed myself to the bathroom where I leaned over the sink and let a coughing fit take over my body. Finally, a rush of blood came out and I doused the sink in water.

I looked up in the mirror and saw Oli behind me, a bent bobby pin in his left hand and a concerned expression on his face.

“Yeh righ’ Doll. It ain’t fair.”
♠ ♠ ♠
edited this just a bit.