Status: Slight Hiatis D:

Between You and I

Between You And I Ch. 5

Eric and I wondered off on our own so we didn’t have to hide anything, at least from Beau and Mike. Jared tagged along with us for most of the time, too. I could tell he wasn’t done with his questions.
We were wondering around an antique store, looking at a bunch of random stuff.
“Dude, check out this awesome painting!” Eric said, pulling me with him to check out a abstract, extremely bright painting in a bin in the corner. Eric flipped it to see the price, and we both almost laughed out loud.
“$345?! Hellz naw.” Eric flipped the painting back. We turned around and almost ran over a short guy who looked like he came right from India.
“We got half price on painting.” He said, nodding frantically, eyes wide.
Eric and I shook our heads slowly. “No, that’s okay, we were just leaving.” we walked around the guy, grabbing Jared’s arm and pulling him out right as he was looking through some old albums.
“The guy trying to bribe you into buying that painting?” Jared asked.
“Oh yeah.” We said. I wrapped my arm around Eric’s waist. He looked at me and smiled, kissing me lightly. I turned slightly red because of the fact that Eric and I just kissed in front of Jared.
I swear Jared giggled a little. “You two are cute.”
We both blushed this time. “Thanks.” I said.
“So what made you fall for him so hard?” Jared asked Eric.
Eric shrugged. “He understands me, he knows me better than my own parents. I don’t know, we just kind of click.” Eric said, smiling at me. “Not to mention he’s short, so that’s a definite plus.”
I giggled and squeezed his side as we continued walking.
“Not yelling at you or anything, but why are you asking so many questions?” I asked Jared.
“Just curious as to how everything started since it took you forever to realize that you were a dumbass. I haven’t known you nearly as long as you two have known each other, but even I could sense the definite tension between you two, and how strongly you both felt for each other. If it didn’t happen soon, I would’ve had to take some sort of action to get you two together.” Jared said.
“I’m sorry.” I told Eric again, looking at him with apologetic eyes.
Eric motioned for Jared to either turn around or go away.
Jared turned around and started walking slowly down the street.
Then Eric’s lips met mine with extreme passion; the most passion (sober passion) he’s showed me since last night.
“Matt, you don’t need to apologize. I’ve told you this. Nothing from the past matters anymore. We need to think about now, and how we are together, not how we weren’t together. I know you’ve been beating yourself up over it since you left, but you shouldn’t. Not anymore.” He said, putting one of his hands on the side of my neck, looking at me with such affection it almost made me cry.
I threw my arms around him and I swear a tear fell down my cheek. When I sniffled, it was concluded that I was crying.
“Matt? Why are you crying?” Eric asked, concerned.
“I love you so much; I’ll do whatever it takes to make you the happiest person I know.” I squeezed him tighter.
“Matt, I am the happiest person you know. As long as I’m with you. You don’t need to do anything except be here with me to make me happy.”
I smiled. “I’m still going to do more. I feel like I owe you for waiting so long.”
Eric kissed me again. “You don’t owe me anything.”
“Are you two done yet?” Jared asked.
I laughed. “Wow, Jared, way to ruin the moment.”
“I was getting tired of looking like a douche. Lets go, lovebirds.” He said, smiling.
We rolled our eyes at Jared and exchanged one more kiss before following Jared back to the venue.
“Have you told anyone?” I asked Jared.
“No, I figured since you didn’t tell anyone yet that you didn’t want people knowing yet. I just happened to be conveniently located where you two were when your shenanigans were going down.” Jared said.
“Thanks for not running your mouth. We want a little time to get used to this whole thing before everyone else has to, since we did only get together last night.” Eric said.
“Oh yeah, yeah, I get what you’re saying. I wouldn’t want people going around and telling about my relationship when it’s not their’s to be discussing.” Jared said as we saw the venue in the distance. Eric and I reluctantly let our hands fall out of each other as we saw people outside.
“It’s about time you guys showed up. Ready for sound check?” Beau asked.
“Lets do it.” Jared said, following the rest of us onto the stage.
Once we knew everything was ready and that we still had a good 45 minutes before we had to be on stage, Eric and I stayed in our dressing room while the other guys mingled with the other bands on the tour.
When we were sure no one was coming for a while, we cuddled close on the couch in our room. I used Eric’s shoulder as a pillow, while he used my head.
“You know what?” Eric asked softly.
“Hmm?” I muttered with a smile on my face.
“I don’t really care if they know. If they were good and loyal friends, they wouldn’t care either. We should just tell them. We could have moments like this without hiding from everybody.”
I sighed. “I feel the same way, but every time I get the guts to say something, I always back down, because I think of what happened at school. I know you said that I can’t live in the past, but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forget all the shit people said and how much it hurt me.”
“Then we tell them together. And I’m sure they won’t do anything remotely close to what you got in high school. I’m almost positive that nothing negative will come out of telling them. Lets just do it, kay? After the show tonight, on the way to the next venue.” Eric said, playing with my hair, staring right at me.
I stared back and kissed him. “Okay. After the show. But you’re doing most of the talking, ‘cause I know I’ll fuck it up somehow.” I placed my head back on his shoulder.
He laughed and kissed my head. “Alright, Matt, I’ll see what I can do.”
“I love you.” I said, eyes closed.
“I love you, too.” Eric said quietly.
I was about to fall asleep until I heard people coming into our room. I stood up from the couch and started walking around the room, grabbing a bottle of water from the table.
“Lets go, lets go! We’re on in five minutes!” Beau said, ushering us out of the room while he was doing his routine water bottle toss.
We were standing backstage, my heart thudding against my rib cage, as it did every time we played a show. I loved the adrenaline rush that playing in front of all these people gave me. It makes me feel on top of the world.
“Ready to rock this place?” Eric asked.
“I was born ready.” I said, sneaking a kiss before we went out on stage.
The show itself was amazing, but even that doesn’t describe how I felt while on that stage. The crowd was awesome, and I played my heart out. I was literally drenched in sweat by the time the show was over. I felt it dripping off my nose, and I smiled in satisfaction.
“A little sweaty there, Matt?” Jared asked, catching up to me after we hung out with some fans.
“Yeah a little, but it’s all good. That show was worth every drop.” Jared couldn’t really talk, either; he was pretty much covered, too. “Do you know where Eric is?”
“He’s coming, I saw him taking a picture with a fan. He shouldn’t be too far behind.”
“I’m gonna wait for him, you can go ahead.” I said.
“So you two can suck face?” Jared said, smirking.
I smacked him in the arm. “Shut up! Just go!” I yelled, laughing.
He ran off, also laughing. I walked toward the disintegrating crowd of fans, and saw Eric coming out of the crowd with Beau.
I smiled at them and walked toward them.
“Did you guys get bombarded or something?” I asked.
“Oh yeah, you guys got out of there at a good time.” Eric said, suddenly kissing me. In front of Beau. And Mike was probably there by now. Hell, some fans were probably watching, too. We parted and he grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him. I was in utter shock. I guess that’s his way of telling people that we’re together.
Beau looked about as shocked as I felt. “Wow. I was not expecting that.”
“Since when?” Mike asked. I guess my suspicions of Mike being there were true.
“Last night, even though this whole thing goes back to high school.” I said, blushing insanely.
“We’ll explain everything in the van.” Eric said. We all walked towards the van, where everything was almost already packed up in the trailer. I laced my fingers through Eric’s, feeling a sense of freedom that I never felt before everyone knew. It was like nothing was holding me back; holding us back.
Once the rest of the trailer was packed, we all piled into the van and headed for our next location.
Eric and I got our usual back seat. Beau turned around in the seat in front of us. “So, spill. I want all the details.”
“You sound like a fucking gossip queen.” I said, laughing.
“Well it’s not like I want to be out of the loop about my best friends getting together.”
Eric and I rolled our eyes and started explaining everything from high school til tonight. Whenever I would bring up how horrible I felt and how I feel like I need to make it up to him, he would hit me lightly and smile with disapproving eyes, which then resulted in a small peck on the lips from me, and the story would continue. I swear Beau didn’t stop smiling throughout the whole thing, and he looked like he was about to start crying several times.
“So I basically made my move after I thought that he was flirting with you and wanting to get with you. I just didn’t wanna lose him.” I said, squeezing Eric’s hand affectionately, smiling at him.
“Did it really seem like we were flirting at all? I didn’t think so, at least I didn’t feel anything awkward or romantic about our conversations.” Beau said.
“I know, I was just overreacting. So, in reality, I kind of despised you for a little bit, until I got up the guts to finally get with Eric.”
“Wow, that makes me feel...loved.” Beau said slowly.
I leaned over the back of his seat to hug him. “Don’t worry, we’re cool now. You should feel very loved.” I said, smiling at him, leaning back into Eric.
“You know, I never thought I’d be saying this, but you two are so cute together.” Beau said.
I blushed and smiled, hiding my face in Eric’s shoulder.