Status: Slight Hiatis D:

Between You and I

Between You And I Ch. 7

Throughout the whole show, I was distracted, trying to look for Craig anywhere in the crowd. I played all my parts right, but my mind was elsewhere, and everyone in the band noticed. I really didn’t want the show to be over.
Unfortunately, the end came sooner than anticipated. We all got offstage and I immediately found Eric. He seemed like the only person that could hold me back from attacking Craig.
I squeezed his hand tightly as we walked out by some fans.
“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” Eric reassured me.
I didn’t feel any reassurance from his words, but they started sinking in once Craig didn’t show up in the crowd of fans. Maybe he was just bluffing.
“I didn’t see him at all, did you?” I asked, feeling a weight being lifted off my shoulders.
“Nope.” Eric said, smiling.
We kissed quickly while we walked and ran into someone.
“Oh, sorry, dude, are you–?” I stopped abruptly in the middle of my sentence. Just when I thought I could get away from him.
“You didn’t think I’d be a no-show, did you?” Craig asked, smirking, cocky as ever, smoking.
“I was hoping.” I said under my breath, but just loud enough for him to hear.
Craig pretended not to hear me, even though I knew he did. I saw him scowl. He put on his smug face again and looked at our hands.
“So you two...finally...” Craig started.
“We were just leaving.” Eric said, pulling me away, even though I could’ve knocked him out. He didn’t even do anything that remotely horrible to either of us tonight; his vibe just sets me off.
“Alright, I’ll see you two lovebirds later.” Craig yelled, walking the opposite direction.

Craig’s random appearances became more frequent as the tour went on, and it was annoying. He only seemed to come after Eric and I, the rest of the guys say that he hasn’t been bothering them at all. Lucky them.
“Ugh!” I said. “That just ruined my night. He’s probably gonna come and hang out with us tonight...again...” I went through the same basic complaint every night with Eric.
“It’s okay, Matt, really. Who cares, we can just ignore him.” Eric said, a seductive smirk on his face.
I raised an eyebrow. “What are you suggesting?”
“Oh, I think you know.” He felt down my back and squeezed my butt.
I let out a little squeal and scooted back a little from Eric, unable to keep a smile off my face. “That wasn’t cool.”
“I thought it was pretty awesome.” Eric said.
He took my hand and led me behind the venue building.
“Where are you taking me?” I asked, confused.
“Here.” Eric stopped and pressed me up against the brink of the building.
“And what are we doing?” I asked, smirking.
Eric kissed me passionately, getting right up against me. “Ignoring him.” He whispered.
I brought his lips back to mine fiercely, digging my fingers into his hair. Whenever I would lean away a little, Eric would pull on my belt to get me close again.
“So this must be what it felt like all those years ago.” I said, slightly breathless, wanting to take Eric somewhere and take it all the way. I just didn’t know where.
Eric attacked me again, jumping up onto me, wrapping his legs around my waist.
“We should go somewhere more private.” Eric whispered in my ear, sounding completely sexy.
“Where did you have in mind?” I asked in a low voice.
“Van?”
“Lets go.” I said, letting him fall off me. It didn’t make much of a difference since Eric wouldn’t stop grabbing me the whole way to the van. I’m so happy it’s deserted around here for the time being. We stopped randomly and had mini make outs on the way to the van. I wanted him so bad, and I could tell he wanted me just the same.
We finally made it to the van, and immediately clothes were ripped off. It was a little chilly, but Eric’s body heat kept me plenty warm.
In my mind, I didn’t exactly know what I was doing, but my body seemed to know everything. This feeling is nothing short of perfect.
I was sad but satisfied when it was over.
“I love you so much.” I whispered in Eric’s ear.
He kissed me softly. “I love you, too.”
I heard someone knock on the van door.
“Hold up.” I yelled. Eric and I both got dressed quickly.
I opened the door and there was no one there. I jumped out of the van and looked around.
“Is there anyone out there?” Eric asked.
“Nah. I’m gonna go look for everyone, I’ll be right back.” I crawled into the van to kiss him.
“Do you want me to come?” Eric asked.
I shook my head. “I’ll be fine. Just sit here and relax.” I kissed him once more before closing the door and going to find the guys.
I heard Jared’s laugh coming from the distance, which made me snicker a little. Jared’s laugh was so obnoxious; I’d notice it anywhere.
My attention was directed away from it, however, when a hand reached out from the shadow of the venue building, almost cleared now, and pulled me into it. I hit the building hard, and just as I was about to scream at my kidnapper get the fuck away from me, a hand flew over my mouth.
“Don’t make a sound.” Craig’s voice sounded quietly, slurred, in my ear. His breath smelled of alcohol and cigarettes. I automatically began fighting him off, but he was in a position where I couldn’t get him with any kind of hits I tried throwing, no matter how drunk he was. Once I calmed down slightly, he took his hand away from my mouth, and I automatically spit in his face. “What the fuck are you doing?! Get the hell away from me.” I started running away from Craig, but he caught me before I had a chance to get far.
“Oh no, you’re not going anywhere. Not til I’m done with you.” He pressed me up against the wall again, restraining my hands, starting to kiss at my neck.
I struggled as much as possible, until Craig slapped me. Tears automatically stung my eyes. Was I not going to win? Was I actually going to give in to Craig’s drunken ways and let him have me to do with what he pleased?
It seemed like my only option.
The tears threatening to fall onto my cheeks started pouring out.
I heard Craig snickering to himself. “So you’re giving up?”
I glared at him, getting a sense of courage. I brought my knee up into his stomach/groin area, and he automatically doubled over onto the ground. I took this chance to run for my life, back to find Eric and possibly anyone else that could be out looking for me.
I saw Eric in the distance, looking around for me, coming toward me. When he saw me running toward him, he started walking faster.
When we met, I hugged him tightly, sobbing, not wanting to let go.
Eric said nothing, rubbing my back, hugging me just as tightly.
I heard the other guys coming up behind Eric, asking what happened. All he did was shrug. The rest of the guys went back into the van and left Eric and I alone.
“Eric, it was so horrible...” I said, mid-sob.
“What happened?” He asked, extremely concerned.
I leaned away from Eric slightly, wiping off my face a little, even though it was useless, since more tears fell in their place anyways.
“And what happened to your face? Why is it all red?” Eric said, surprised, feeling my cheek. I winced away from the slight stinging feeling.
I sniffled. “Craig...he was drunk, and he found me...” I could barely get that out without breaking down again. “Eric, I’m so scared.”
“What did he do once he found you?” Eric asked, even though I had a feeling he already knew the basics.
“He...he tried to have his way with me. But I kneed him in the balls and ran.” I said, more composed than the last sentence, laughing a little at the last part.
Eric smiled a little as well, but it went away quickly. “His he the one that did that to your face?”
I nodded, tearing up again. “He slapped me because I wouldn’t cooperate.”
Eric pulled me into another tight hug. “Oh my god.” I heard him sniffle.
I squeezed him tighter.
“I’m so glad you’re safe.” Eric said in a shaky whisper.
“I wanna go home.” I said quietly. I’ve never said that while on tour. Ever. This is the first time I’ve legitimately felt that I needed to be home.
“We only have a couple more days, then we can go home. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure to keep you far away from Craig, and I’ll tell the rest of the guys. Why don’t we get out of here, and I’ll give you the whole backseat to sleep tonight.” Eric said, sweetly, leaning up to look at me.
I nodded and kissed him. “Okay. But anytime you want to, just crawl back by me. I wouldn’t mind your company at all.” I smiled a little.
He kissed me again before we went back to the van. I opened the door and crawled in the backseat while Eric climbed into the seat in front of me with Jared. Once we started moving I felt a lot better about this whole situation. I laid down and almost automatically fell asleep.
Sometime in the middle of the night, I felt Eric crawl up next to me and snuggle up against me. We didn’t wake up once through the rest of the night.