Served Alive

03

He sat quietly in the air vent, not daring to make a move when the killer was still in the room. Whoever that killer was, and whatever his plan, it was too dangerous to move, for he did not know what would happen to him if he was caught. Would he be killed perhaps? He saw all the blood on the floor, he saw it happen, to his dear friend Katarina. They were going to be married in 4 months. He proposed 2 months ago and she'd said yes while jumping high into the air at the fancy french restaurant that cost 100 dollars just for a reservation. He didn't even like french food. She'd screamed,

"Yes, of course, Tyler!" and hugged him. And now here he was, in an air vent above a murder that had just occurred. On his fiance. Ha. That was just fucking great. Tyler chuckled to himself, and heard his menacing laugh echo through the chrome vent. Married, in 4 months. He would've been MARRIED, have children, and finally have his mom say, "I'm proud of you." But thanks to that god damn prick, he wouldn't have any of it. Tyler ran his hand through his light brown curly hair. Katarina had just cut it for him. He sat in the vent and leaned his back against the metal wall that was enclosing him.

BOOM! CRASH! SLAM! OUCH! MOTHERFUCKER! BANG! SHATTER!

"Holy shit!" Tyler yelled as he landed in a pile of rubble. The chrome metal from the air vent and the walls had just collapsed and here he was in Katarina's blood, laying down. He scrambled to his feet as fast as he could, making a lot of noise along the way.

---

Ash lay in his bath, the water was soothingly hot and it cleansed all his pores all over his skin. His black hair was not yet wet, and still had crusty blood inside of it. He didn't cringe at the thought. This has been done 100's if not 1000's of times by this company. Crimson blood staining your hair was normal. The bath-water was also a shade of scarlet, but slightly diluted because of the water. Ash leaned his head back, and thought about Katarina for a moment. Her dead body laying in the trash somewhere....and...

BOOM! CRASH! WHAT THE FUCK! SLAM! BANG! SHATTER!

Ash eyes opened so fast you would've thought they were never closed. He jumped out of the red water and the stained bathtub and didn't bother to grab a towel. He ran through the hall, heart pumping, hands shaking, and his body a pigment of red. He couldn't deny it with all the evidence around here, what would he do. Oh shit. Ash thought, he would go to jail, he would never get to get married, have kids, or do all that other shit you're supposed to do with your life besides killing people for a living.

His naked body that he didn't bother to cover up was soon seen by a man...or a boy. He looked about 18 years old. But that didn't matter.

"Why are you in here!" Ash stumbled to find his knife, but the mysterious boy picked up one. It was Ashley's special knife. "Put that knife down!" He yelled furiously. His precious knife he didn't even let Mr. Chen touch was currently being fondled by an amateur and an idiot. If you see a crime scene don't you run away? Or at least call the cops...

Did he fucking call the cops? Ash's breath began to quicken.

"I know you killed her." Tyler exclaimed loud enough to hear over his own heart, which was pumping like a mad man. He was trying to converse with a killer! Who would've thought. The nice little boy from pre-med who got all A's was talking to a killer.

"Yeah. I know I killed her too. I can kill you also." Ash mumbled.

"And how are you going to kill me. I have your knife, remember?" The smart ass came out in Tyler for that moment. Which was not necessarily a good thing.

"Oh my god! The little boy over there has my knife! What am I going to do? I am so defenseless!" Ash laughed the whole time, and said that in a girly voice. He only need a knife. It's not like he was retarded. That asshole was just trying to patronize him. "What's your name asshole?" Ash asked, pretending to be sincere. Sincerity didn't exist in his brain, not since he began working for the angel of death.

"I'm Tyler. You killed my fiance." Tyler tried to pull out the guilt trip, but doubting that that man would even be affected by it. He killed her.

"I'm Ash and I don't fucking care."

"So fucking heartless. How can you not care? Not even a bit? That's just messed up and I hope you rot in hell for what you did."

"Honey, I do it everyday." Ash said with a smile growing on his face. This kid, Tyler, was hilarious. He actually thought that he could talk some sense into a killer? He was the insane one and they looked about the same age, but Tyler was obviously the idiot. Ash laughed. Tyler came closer with the knife pointed towards Ash. His eyes were filled with anger, up to the brim. The knife trembled a little, but Tyler was sure what he wanted to do. He wasn't going to kill that bastard, he would just maybe...injure him, torture him. He deserved it after killing Katarina and her long blonde hair, her absence of commitment, her gorgeous blue eyes...Lack of commitment..Tyler stopped halfway between him and Ash. Looked at ash up and down with just his blue eyes.

"Why was she here in the first place?" Tyler questioned. Ash's ocean blue eyes lit up, they looked like the sparkling waters of hawaii. Ash smiled, showing his gleaming white teeth, they were in such contrast with his dark dark brown hair. His hair almost appeared black. This was the time to change Tyler's perception of the murder.

"Your girlfriend,"

"FIANCE!" Tyler interrupted.

"Yeah, that, well she requested to go on a date with me. We went to the coffee house on main street. You know the one that's not star bucks," Ash chuckled, Tyler wasn't amused, "Well anyway we talked for a bit and she was clinging onto me wherever I went. She would gaze into my eyes for minutes on end and I wondered what the fuck was wrong with her." Tyler cringed at the last part. Ash looked straight into Tyler's royal blue eyes the whole time while stating this lie. Ash realized he should be an actor instead of an assassin! He definitely would make a lot more money.

"Anyway, so she requested we go to my place, but I didn't want to bring a crazy bitch to my house." Truth is, Ash didn't have a house, he was only 17 and couldn't buy an apartment or anything, but Tyler didn't have to know that. "I took her here, and we were cooking. She ran away from me for a second and I chased after her. I forgot I had the knife and began stabbing her while trying to tickle her." Ash made the last part sound so completely cliche that he hoped to god Tyler was retarded so he wouldn't accuse the lie.

"I obviously don't believe the last part. You killed her intentionally! I fucking saw it!" Tyler charged at Ash with the knife but Ash stopped his hand with his blood stained hand.

"It's not my fault your fiance was willing to cheat."

"She wasn't you're just a dick!"

"Fine, I killed her on purpose." Ash gave in. It's not like Tyler could get anywhere with that knife anyway. "You saw it." Ash said. Tyler dropped the knife, Ash was relieved, and he picked up the knife from the bloody tile floor. He pulled it over his head, and knew he was going to kill this Tyler kid. Surprisingly Tyler didn't run away, scream or anything. Ash knew this would be easy.

Tyler looked into Ash's eyes, and Ash saw...felt....

HE DIDN'T FEEL ANYTHING.

He...didn't...feel...anything. He hoped, but the knife dropped to the ground and Ash walked away to the bathroom to drain the bath.