Solstice

Autumn

I barely had time to adjust to him before a flurry of fireballs zoomed past me heading in his direction.
“You son of a bitch!” Rosalyn roared. Micah just smirked and rolled away from the blast.
“Ah, that's not nice. My mother was a werewolf you know? I don't think that makes her a bitch though.”
“You better get out of her, Micah. Or she will turn you into burnt Alpo.” Maverick chimed, trying to sound calm. To bad he wasn't. I shall try to explain now what I meant about being all brain. I am also a mind reader and I am telepathic. Inside Mav was shaking. He hadn't got to train in forever and he wasn't sure he could go up against a werewolf, especially the leader of the largest clan in the magical community. The Voguearues.
“Oh, sweet Maverick. You underestimate me.” He smiled. “Samantha, Karver, Austin!” He yelled. Three more werewolves in human form strode out of the woods surrounding the mansion. I recognized one of them. Not at first but I did after he played the fact that he had seen me yesterday at the movie store in his head. I think I should be more careful when I go out. I thought.
“Okay so you brought friends.” I called across the field.
“Yep,” he said smirking. “That why it can be fair until I kill you all.”

I didn't even realize truly how fast werewolves were into this moment. They were running at us. Their skin lacking behind them, exposing the grotesque beast within. Their limbs stretching to match their bodies. Their noses forming long narrow snouts. Their mouths twisting into rows of teeth that can shred and tear. Their eyes glowing with a crimson red. Evil incarnate.

Rose jumped into the lead sending a flurry of fireballs at the female werewolf, Karver. She hit her in the side and had her yelping in pain, but she quickly regained her pursuit and raced up to Rosie again. This time pushing herself harder and faster then before. Rose grinned. She did a backflip then planted herself firm to the ground her hands out to her sides.
“Pyros!” and a arch of flame jutted from her hands encircling her causing the werewolf to stop in her tracks. The werewolf snarled as she rooted her legs down pulling her back into a stop.
“You filthy bitch!” Karver snarled.
“Oh, believe me. I am not the filthy one.” Rosie retorted as she rose her hands making the arch of flames higher. Okay I thought. Rose is covered.

I looked over at Maverick, his face barely contorting in a grimace. He was smiling as the leader Micah fought for the high ground with him. Mav jumped into the air and slammed down to the ground shouting a spell that I hadn't heard before
“Destros Terata!” and as his ax kick hit the ground a sharp stalagmite shot from the ground piecing Micah in the left front leg. I laughed on the inside. You are stupid if you think you can go against Maverick. I thought. Okay Mav is fine. I looked around for Karina and all I saw was her standing in the field smiling and the back end of a werewolf fleeing into the woods. Great, everyone is fine. Karina looked at me with wide eyes.
“JOSH!”

I didn't even know he was their, his mind was blocked. I could sense him or anything. He had me down before I could react.
“Aquavos!” I shouted on reflex hitting nothing but air. This werewolf was fast. I flipped up and looked around. I was hit again from the back, again I rolled and shouted Aquavos but still nothing made contact. Damn! I shouted in my head. I stood again. The werewolves were gone, everything was fine. Until I heard Maverick call for the one person I had never expected to be a prisoner of war.
“Rose....Rosie....ROSALYN!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments=updates, and so do subscribers.