Corner of the World

Porno & Popcorn

After a couple of days of awkward silences and death glares being thrown back and forth between the four of us I find this is all absolutly ridiculous. Late one night as we're driving across the countryside, somewhere I head to the back of the bus and kick Seb's limp sleeping body.

"Uhh What?!" he says pissed off.
"Be my porn buddy again?" I ask holding up the box to some crap porn.
"You're kidding me right?" he says in disbelief.
"C'mon, like old times, we'll make popcorn and everything."
"Why are you doing this?" he murmurs as he buries his head in his pillow.
"I'm trying to make amends you douche." I say kicking him once more and trudging back to the front of the bus where the TV and sofa is.

Within second Seb trudges to the front of the bus and sits next to me,
“You said something about porn and popcorn.” He states bluntly. Through the darkness I can see him crack a smile. I hand him the DVD as I get up and head towards the kitchenette where I put a packet of popcorn into the microwave.
Eventually we get ourselves settled on the couch and start out porno flick.
“Fake.” I mumble as the girl moans out.
“Obviously.” Seb agrees, “Looks like buckaroo is going limp.”
“Rewind, I wanna see.” I say grabbing for the remote.
“Nu uh, you missed it, too bad.” He says holding the remote away from me.
“God, how are her boobs so sweaty? They haven’t done jack-shit.” I say stuffing my mouth with popcorn.

“Has she ever given a friggin blow job before?” Seb says rolling his eyes, “You’d figure if you’re a porn-star you could at least make it look appealing and not like you’re being force-fed spoiled milk.”
“Compared to her I’m the blow job queen.” I say carelessly.
“Yeah, you are.” Seb says stuffing his mouth with popcorn, “Well in all honestly, the best blows I’ve ever gotten were from you.” I chortle.
“Oh, yeah, and how many other people have given you blow jobs?”
“Umm, not including you; three.” He says taking a moment to think.
“I am flattered.” I say somewhat sarcastically.

“Talking about that, where on earth did you pick up the blond ditz the other night?”
“Oh her!” he laughs, “She’s a fan of ours and she recognized me, we got to talking and I asked her to act all ditzy and stuff. I told her it was for a prank.” I slap his arm.
“You were trying to make me jealous!”
“Well I was pissed off!” he says seriously.

“How many times are you gonna break my heart Jacklyn?”
“What?” I ask confused, “I thought you were over our break up.”
“Not only that,” He says quietly, “At the end of high school, before we started going out, you were with that ass hole Trevor. Then, well, our break up. After that is was when you were going out with that Alex guy.”
“But Alex wasn’t my first boyfriend after we split.”
“He was the first one you fell for.” Seb says, “And now.”
“But it was just sex.” I say trying to convince myself more than him, “Right?”
“I really wanted to give us another shot,” he murmurs, “Four times is an awful lot of times to get your heart broken by the same girl, don’t you think?”
“Seb, I don’t want to go through that break up again.” I say in a hushed voice, “You really hurt me.”

“Oh yeah baby! Up the ass!” the woman on the TV screams.

“I can’t keep telling you I’m sorry.” He says.
“Sebastian, I’ve forgiven you, its just,” I pause for a moment, “You don’t touch a hot stove twice.”
“Well I’ve cooled down, awe fuck it, why the hell are we talking in metaphors?”
“I’ll think about it okay?”

Memories flood back from the time we were breaking up. Seb would be so paranoid that I was doing someone else he’d get pissed off whenever I’d wear something slightly revealing on stage. Around this time was when we got serious popularity with our second major label album, the jealousy became overwhelming for him. I went from being his girl to our fan base’s girl. Personally I didn’t mind all those girls going crazy over him but her just snapped when he saw guys asking me for a kiss and me kissing them on the cheek.

“I won’t hesitate to leave you if you become crazy jealous again.” I say after a while.
“I’ve gotten used to this,” he pauses, “lifestyle, I know now.”
“Good.” I say firmly.