Corner of the World

Drama

I storm through the backstage area after getting just about the worst news possible. I see Evan strumming his acoustic carelessly on the sofa.
“Where the fuck is Sebastian?!” I demand angrily.
“I uhh, he’s umm, in the bathroom.” Evan stutters. I storm toward the men’s room, “You can’t go in there!”
I open the door then glance around the washroom to see its empty except for Seb who’s washing his hands.
“You fucking ass hole, you got me pregnant!” I yell angrily.
“Oh shit.” He says, his eyes bulging as he runs for the door. I chase after him as we reek havoc through the backstage hallways. I get him cornered in one of the dressing rooms.
“You’re acting as if I did it on purpose.” He says in his own defense, “You said you were on the pill!”
“Yeah well when we keep changing fucking time zones it complicates things and you know it!”
“Well you were there too! All you had to say was, hey Seb how about you slip on a rubber!”
“So you’re saying it’s my fault?!”
“No, I just don’t want you to kill me!” He exclaims. I look down at my tight fists.

“Its just you know I didn’t want to have kids.” I say rubbing my forehead.
“Yeah, I know.” He says as we both calm down, “But aren’t you pro-choice, just have an abortion.”
“Yeah, but I don’t think I’d be able to go through with it, I’d feel guilty for the rest of my life.”
“True. So it looks like we’re going to be parents,” he sighs, “You sure you’re pregnant?”
“Yeah, I just got back from the doctor’s,” I say as we both sit down, “I haven’t been feeling good and he’s like congratulations you have morning sickness!”
“So what now?” he mumbles, “do you want to call off the rest of the tour?”
“No,” I say shaking my head, “This tour has three months left so I’ll be five months along by then,” I say calculating, “by the end I’ll just wear baggy band tees and stuff to hide my belly.”
“People will find out you’re pregnant eventually.”
“Yeah, but I’m thinking seeing a pregnant woman rock out on stage will disturb a few people.” I say, “If anything we’ll announce it at the end of tour.”
“Right so, do we tell Reeny and Evan?”
“I’d rather not, for now anyway.” I mumble.
“There you are!” Maureen exclaims bursting through the door, “We’ve got to go on stage soon.”
“Oh, okay.” Seb says as we get up.
“Hey are you two okay?” she asks, “Did you guys get into another fight?”
“No,” I say shrugging, “Just a little down.”
“Oh, you going to be okay?”
“Yeah.”