Corner of the World

Mmm Secrets

"So how are we gonna do this?" Seb asks as we have our touring schedule spread out in front of us, "You'll need to see a doctor on the regular basis."
"Yeah," I mumble in return, "Well I could always ask for a copy of my medical files and just see a doctor in the different places we tour."
"Yeah, that fine when we're touring the U.S. but what about when we hit Europe next month."
"Oh shit." I grumble as I overlook the schedule.
"Hey guys what are you up to?" Evan asks as he peers his head into the back of the bus.
"Oh, you know writing." I say gathering up my pamphlets I got from the docter's office about pregnancy.
"Cool, anything good."
"Nah," Seb says dissappointed, "The lyrics just aren't making sense."
"Oh well why don't you let me have a look." he suggests. I glance nervously at Seb then back at Evan.
"This winding road ain't so sweet, what I once knew has lead me to defeat." Seb says, I can tell he's making it up off the top of his head, "You know those days where you know you messed up," he pauses, "Now I'm stuck."
"Oh cool stuff," Evan says nodding, "But I've got a bit of a writer's block myself, maybe something like, now I don't know how to get out of this, or if its even worth a try."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Seb says taking a pen and writing down what he said followed by what Evan said.
PING!
"My burrito." Evan says heading back to the front of the bus.
"You think he's coming back?" I ask as the bus takes a weird turn. We hear the TV click on.
"We're good." Seb says as I put the pamphlets down on the table again.
"Okay, well how long are we in Europe for anyway?"
"Three weeks, then we're in Canada." Seb says examining the schedule.
"Where in Canada, maybe we can rent a car or something and drive into the states," I say hopefully as I scan the papers in front of me.
"Uhh Vancouver."
"Yeah, okay, so that's like what an hour's drive from the border?" I ask.
"I think so." he murmurs.
"Okay, so I'll see a doctor right before we leave and then again when we get to Vancouver."
"Yeah, that could work, considering its a morning flight, we have the whole day, and then the show at night." he rests his head back, "And we're royally fucked if Maureen and Evan find any of this out."
"Yeah, we've established that." I murmur, "Awe shit." I run to the toilette which is luckily just a few feet away and puke my guts out. When I finish Seb tosses me a can of air freshner which I spray liberally to hide the puke smell.

"We kinda have this down to a science." I joke as I go back to sitting next to him.
"Yeah," he chuckles, "Now what about after tour, Maureen was already talking about lining us up for the Silverstein, Comback Kid tour."
"Tell her not to book anything." I say simply.
"Well, look at the past five years! We've constantly been on tour, except when we're recording." he grumbles.
"That's it then, say you wanna record stuff after this tour."
"Right, then what happens when you go into labor at the recording studio?" he says cocking an eyebrow.
"We won't record then, we just say we will." I mumble.
"Uhuh." he says crossing his arms.
"Well no, just tell her that for now, then after this tour, when we can distance ourselves safely from our bandmates then we tell them that I'm pregnant and we need to take a couple months off."
"Yeah, that'll work, but what about after?"
"After what?" I ask.
"After the baby's born," he says staring at me seriously, "We can't bring a new born into a recording studio, or on tour for that matter."
"Recording studio no, but tour we can." I mumble, "Put it in a carrier thing, I mean, we're on the tour bus all day, so we can take care of it."
"What about when we're playing a show, you want to just ask a security guard to watch it?" he asks sarcastically.
"We'll figure something out!" I say irritated, "This is why I didn't want to have kids, its like I have to sacrifice my whole fucking life."
"Hey, hey, hey, calm down." he says putting an arm around my shoulders, "Things will come together."
"I hope you're right." I mumble as I burry my face in his shoulders.

"Are you sure you two aren't back together?" Reeny asks. I look up to see her standing there. I take a pillow off the couch and throw it at her head.
"Its complicated." I mumble.
"I bet." she chortles as she throws the pillow back, "Weren't we planning on castrating him?"
"Not a bad idea." I say gritting my teeth.
"Hey leave my boys alone!" Seb exclaims as he puts his hand over his crotch. Maureen rolls her eyes laughing as she heads back to the front of the bus with Evan, "You girls make me paranoid."
"Don't worry, we won't castrate you," I mumble, "Damage is already done."
"I love you too honey." he says sarcastically.