Corner of the World

Mmm Puking Nirvana

"Lemme see, lemme see." I say as I jump up and down behind Evan to read the paper in his hand, "Fuck you for being so tall. Who are we sharing a stage with?"

We're here, just outside of New York city playing a charity gig for Amnesty International. Its eight hours, six stages, twenty-five performances and a shitload of screaming people.

"Hmm, Rihanna's playing on stage three in twenty minutes." Evan taunts, "Oh, Hilary Duff's set is finishing up on stage six."
"You monkey-face!" I proclaim just as Maureen graces us in the hallway with her presence.
"Awe, too cute."
"He won't let me see the band line-up."
"Evan, you have to share." she lectures, grinning all the same.
"Yes Reeny." he says passing me the paper.

"Holy fucking shit!" I say reading the acts for stage 2, our stage.
"What?" Seb asks coming from the same door Maureen had seconds earlier.
"We're playing right after the Foo Fighters!" I exclaims happily, "We're gonna get to meet the Foo Fighters! Dave Grohl!"
"Sweet." Seb says much calmer than I.
"Umm okay then." Maureen says weirded out, "Take a chill pill."

Seb tugs discretly at my hand then sort of jerks his head.
"I'm hungry." I say with a jolt.
"Me too." Seb says and with that we turn around and scurry down the hallway, leaving Maureen and Evan behind.

"So what's up?" I ask when we come to a stop.
"I wanna hug you." he says as he does so.
"We ran away from Evan and Reeny for a hug?" I say crossing my arms, "What's up?"
"Have you told your parents about - uhh yeah?" he fumbles with his words.
"God no."
"Okay well, I sorta let it slip to my brother." he says somewhat embarassed, "So its only a matter of minutes, maybe hours before he tells my parents."
"No, no, no, because then your parents will tell my parents and i'm not ready for them to know." I exclaim with an insane combination of anger and paranoia, "You have to call him back and swear him to secracy!"
"Alright, alright, calm down." he says pulling his cell out of his pocket.
"Okay." I say leaning again the wall, "Okay."

"Hey Matt," he says putting the phone to his ear, "You mind not telling mom and dad about the baby? . . . Because Jackie and I want to tell them in person . . .yeah well I don't exactly want an angry phone call from Mom with her asking why the hell I told you and not her . . .alright, see ya soon. Buh-bye."

"His lips are sealed." Seb announces, slipping his phone away.
"Okay, but why'd you tell him in the first place?" I half whine.
"Well, its exciting." he grins, "I'm gonna be a dad. And well I can't talk to Evan about it, I sure as hell can't talk to our managers about it. Then my brother called and I just blurted it out." I shove my hands in my pocket.
"Yeah, I know what you mean, I've been dying to tell Maureen. I talk to her about everything."
"So, lets just tell them then." Seb shrugs, "They'll be a little ticked off but they'll get over it."
"Yeah."

"Hey you're from Severed Attention, right?" none other than Dave Grohl asks walking toward us with Taylor Hawkins not far behind.
"Yeah, I'm Sebastian."
"Dave." he says, they shake hands.
"I'm uhh, I'm Ja-Jacklyn." I stutter, Seb silently laughs at me, "Its great to meet you, I'm a fan of your music."
"Thanks." Dave smiles.
"I love your latest album." Taylor pipes up.
"Yeah, it was wicked awesome." Dave adds in.
"Thanks, that means a lot to us." Seb says as I start to feel incredibly queasy.

"Oh fuck." I turn around and puke into the corner, "Ohh fuck." I moan.
"Hey are you okay?" Dave asks.

Seb holds me standing as my knees buckle.
"Uhh." I say pushing my hair out of my face and wiping my mouth, "Sorry you had to see that."
"Are you gonne be okay? Are you sick?" Taylor rambles glancing from my face to the pile of puke and back again.
"You know what, I've been feeling sick all day, but now that I puked I feel much better." I state optimistically.

"Maybe you should take it easy a bit." Seb says as he ushers the lot of us away from the rancid smelling puddle.
"Yeah." Taylor agrees, "Don't play if you're not up to it. There's nothing worse then feeling sick during a gig."
"Alright." I say appreciatively.
"Yeah, I'm sure Sebastian here can put down his guitar for one night and pick up a bass." Dave says jokingly.
"I think I'll be fine."
"Right then. Good luck." Dave wishes us as he and Taylor head into a room.

"Ohh." I say smacking my forehead, "I can't believe I yacked in front of Dave Grohl."
"Awe, c'mon, " Seb laughs, "It'll be a funny story."
"Yeah, for you."
"One day we'll be telling our kid this story."

Did he just say that? Was he implying a scenario with this thing growing inside of me. This is getting a bit too real for me.
"I uhh, I uhh, wanna go lie down a bit." I stammer as I head into our dressing room.

I lie on the couch as Seb casually slinks into a the room. He disappears from my line of vision momentarily then I feel something covering my arms. I look down to see its his big cuddly black sweater.
"What's wrong?" he asks as he squeezes next to me and wraps his arms around me. I cuddle up against him and shut my eyes.
"Nothing." I mumble, "let's just stay like this a while."