Corner of the World

Oh Reeny

"Does this popcorn taste funny to you?" Reeny asks as she lazily throws a piece at me. The scenery zooming by behind her as the bus bustles along the highway.
"I'm pregnant." I blurt.
"You can't prove its mine." she laughs, "And don't you dare be calling Jerry Springer on my ass cause it ain't mine biotch."
"Mmm classy." I say sarcastically.
"You suck." Reeny mutters, "You're supposed to say something like, I know you da baby's daddy, I only slept with three guys last month and you was the only mofo who ain't worn no condom." I chuckle into my hand.
"You should seriously consider quitting rock and roll and going gangsta." I say straying away from the subject. I realize I should get back on track.

I swivel back comfortably in my seat so I'm facing the TV again and the back of my head's to the window. I rest my head on her shoulder.
"Imagine I really was pregnant."
"With my baby?" Reeny chortles.
"No, no, you female," I say sticking out my tongue, "Like normal."
"Normal?" she questions confused, I give her a serious look, "Like hell, you'd probably kill the thing!"
"Hmm. Meh, just been thinking about that sort of thing lately."
"Wait!" she says suddenly, "You're not thinking about un-seperating with Seb and being a married person again, are you?!" I keep my mouth shut, "The whole marriage thing did not work the first time! Besides, since when do you want kids? Especially his! Not to mention a kid would like ruin everything for the band!"
"Whoa there." I say forcing myself to laugh, "I was just thinking out loud. Random thoughts at that!" she calms a bit, "I mean yeah Seb and I are sorta back together, but nothing more than that."

"What's with the explosion there?" I ask moments later.
"You and Seb, its always on and off with you two and then Evan and I have to deal with you guys when shit hits the fan. And I don't even know what's going on with everyone, I feel like I'm out of the fucking loop!"
"What loop?"
"I mean, you and Seb are always wandering off all the time, then Evan and Seb writing songs together. Evan is always on the phone with Polly and whenever we stop somewhere you always go missing!" she exclaims, "Not to mention, you've been acting really secretive lately." we stay silent, "are you seeing someone?"
"Just Seb."
"No roadies or tech guys or anything?"
"No." I say shaking my head.
"Then where do you go?" I shrug.
"We like our coffee." I lie, "Besides, me and Seb, Evan and Polly, you have Ian, don't you?"
"Yeah," she mumbles.
"So stop complaining about the coupleness when you're one of them."
"I guess, but its just Ian's been really, I don't know, weird lately."
"Weird like how?"
"Like needy weird."

"Hey you guys." Seb yawns as he comes to join us at the front of the bus. He slumps onto the sofa in between us.
"Sleep well?" I ask.
"Not at all." he mumbles, lying his head on my shoulder."You tell her?" he whispers in my ear.
"Tried and failed." I mumbles back.
"Want me to?"
"Not now."

"If you two are going to start making out spare me." Reeny mutters bitterly.
"Nah, I'm going to try to sleep again." Seb yawns. He wraps his arms around me, his hand resting on my stomach. Reeny and I go back to concentrating on the TV as Seb falls asleep.

"Are you and Ian okay?" I ask quietly.
"I think he's fucking someone else." she mumbles. Maureen is always pretty level headed, not osmeone who's irrationally paranoid.
"I'm so sorry." I manage to squeak. I feel so guilty, there I was obsessed with this pregnancy that I've complete shut out everything else in my life, "Are-are you sure?"
"Pretty sure." she sighs, "I mean why couldn't he fucking break up with me before he went of screwing other chicks."
"Some guys are real ass holes." is all I can reply.
"I'm sorry I snapped about you and Seb if you guys want to get back together go for it.