Love, Lies and All Things Plastic

Imaginary Landscape

I walked home with Aidan as I found out she lived not far from me and it would be best too stick with her as it’s a strange neighborhood and my sense of direction is actually terrible (if you hadn’t already noticed that is).

We said bye as she split off down her street and I carried on walking still trying to memorize the houses and gardens so I would know where I was going next time I came down here. I fumbled for my keys as I got in the door.

‘No! ... I WILL NOT TOLERATE IT ANYMORE’

I shuffled and squirmed as I couldn’t find my keys, I pressed my ear against the door too hear what they were saying, I think it was Robs voice. They’d moved too another room which meant I could get in quietly and sneak upstairs without them noticing and him having a go at me.

I gently put the key into the keyhole and twisted it lightly to unlock it silently.

Click.

I jumped, I don’t think they heard but everything had gone silent now…

‘Rob don’t be like this’

He started shouting again, which meant neither of them had heard me unlock the door. I pushed it open and slipped inside and crept briskly up the stairs (thank god for new and un-creaky stairs!). I was careful too not slam my door or stomp around when I got to the landing afraid they might hear me and Rob would come trudging up the stairs.

Unpacking my bag I decided too get on with some art homework seeing as I couldn’t turn on the TV or listen to music or anything. I stood my art canvas on my easel (yes, I have an easel, don’t judge me) and set out the acrylics. I wasn’t really sure what I was going to paint but it had to be an ‘imaginary landscape’ so something you dream about, that you want. A place you’d love to be.

The canvas wasn’t too big so I wasn’t using a lot of paint therefore I didn’t really need a cloth or anything underneath (which I might regret later if I get a nice big splurge of paint on my new carpet). I just started swiping my paintbrush gently across the canvas trying to figure out what I wanted too paint.

Ok questions!

What’s your favorite landscape?
Don’t have one, they’re boring.

Okay, what reminds you of dreams?
Clouds, pink fluffy clouds.

And using that, what landscape could you paint?
A picture of a sky with pink fluffy clouds.

Ok, no, this isn’t working whatsoever. Why do dreams always remind people of clouds?

I just stopped talking to myself and started painting, more so looking out the window than what I was painting (so god knows what that’s going to turn out like).

Finished.

Wallahhhh, or whatever they say once you’ve finished creating a masterpiece, not that this was really masterpiece quality, but I was finished anyhow. I tore my eyes away from the window and peered down at my canvas, I saw a city, a street, a lamppost, a postbox, a café…

I’d painted the scenery of the street with the café I met Pierre in. How original. Reckon I could actually hand this in as homework? No one actually knows that this means anything too me, I’ll just say it was café I was in the other day. Maybe mess around with the colours a bit to make it more modernized. As long as Pierre doesn’t find out or anything because at the moment that’s the last thing I would want him too see, after finding out he has a girlfriend I don’t want him too think I like him (and this looks more like I’m obsessed with him and don’t make me laugh, I’m really not).

The shouting seemed to have stopped, it was muffled anyway by the thickness of the floors but I can hear the TV blaring away, I think Rob’s watching ‘Deal or No Deal’ – god I hate that programme.

‘Tea’s ready’

Good timing. I could smell the goodness of greasy junk food seeping out of the oven. They most have known I was upstairs then, which is weird because I was so quiet.

I sat at the table and scoffed my sausages and curly fries as Rob sprawled out on the sofa still watching ‘Deal or No Deal’ eating his.

‘Nice tea, you alright mum?’ Mum stool by the counter stirring a cup of tea facing the cupboards.

‘Fine dear, how was your first day?’

‘Oh, really good thanks. Everyone’s lovely.’

‘That’s good then.’
She didn’t say anything else, just held on tightly too her mug still facing the cupboards, she didn’t drink her tea.

I didn’t really want to say anything because Rob was there and mum was facing the other way so I couldn’t give her the I-know-your-not-ok-so-you-may-as-well-tell-me-what’s-wrong look so I just went on up too bed.

It was only until I collapsed in a heap on my bed that I realized how tired I actually was, if you think about it I’ve done a lot today and being new at an enormous school like Oak Hill High was pretty stressful, but things are looking up as I don’t have to worry too much about who I’m going to sit next too at lunch and stuff and the good news is I pretty much know my way too school now so I don’t think I’m going to get lost. Let’s just hope that canvas gets me a pass, its pretty shocking but you can tell what it is… I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't posted in so long <3
I promise too update all my stories A.S.A.P xx