Status: Work-In-Progress

Love at First Cut...? Excuse Me, but I'm So Not Your Bloodmate

Friday: sweet freedom to every teenager alive.

So Mr. Hot shot-car-move-bi-polar guy thinks he can just waltz right in my school and take over, and make all the girls turn into brainless zombies?

Well. NO. N. O.

I’d like to say that everyone wasn’t fooled by his perfect features and slick moves, but I would be lying.

Even in English, with Steph, all everyone talked about was him. How the hell does ONE name get around school this fast?

I was grateful he wasn’t in this class though. I was so disturbed I could have exploded. It must have read “DANGER” on my forehead because Stephanie didn’t say anything about Heath-the-hotshot all period. The bell rang sweet freedom to me.

“Grrr…grlkjdglg…sdjglkjfasshole..adlkjgcarlfjlfjmovesjsljf. UGH!” I complained, strutting down the halls with all my books tightly pressed to my chest.

“You ok?” Lance came up to me.

“JUST FINE!” I snapped. Pivoting to put the luggage into my locker.

“Oh… well, have you seen the new kid??” He said with excitement.

“Have you seen his ego?” I replied.

“Seriously Derr, this kid’s name has made it through all 4 classes. That’s Legendary- AND HE HASN’T EVEN BEEN HERE A WHOLE DAY.”

“Yeah, what an achievment. Let’s all get recognized for our stupid jerk-faceness.”

“You don’t… have anything... against the new kid, do you?” Lance cocked an eyebrow.

I bit my lip and kept my ice-melting stare straight ahead.

“YOU DO!!” He practically shouted, causing people’s eyes to dart our way.

“WHAT DO YOU EXPECT. THE ASSHOLE FREAKING ALMOST KILLED US BOTH IN THAT STUPID CAR OF HIS!” I defended myself, in a low-whispered growl.

Lance just continued to smile like a complete fool, and whisper “you don’t like the ‘beloved’ new kid, you don’t like the ‘beloved’ new kid.” Over and over again.

I was done with this. I shoved a piece of bread from my lunch bag into his mouth, and took a sharp right.

“Yeah. I don’t like him.” I paused. “Not one bit, and that’ll never change.”

HEATH’S POV.

Her words cut into me, each like lighting. I had heard the whole conversation. She was talking to some boy about me.

She didn’t like me already?

Not that I cared, but why so suddenly? I barely knew her.

Everyone here had already fallen under my spell. Everyone but her.

Why?

DERRIANS POV:

I saw Lance again at our usual table during lunch. The whole gang was there.

“He’s sooo dreamy!!” Tessa swooned in her seat, staring at something obviously none of us could visibly see.

“Yeah. He seems like a really cool guy.” Stephanie agreed.

“Please. God. Tell me you’re not talking about Heath.”

“The new kid?” Tessa questioned, in a light, sweet voice.

I rolled my eyes. “Yes. The new kid.”

“Is that all that anyone knows about him? That he’s new?” Bobby interrupted.

“I guess so.”

“Heath…” Tessa giggled

“What a masculine name!”

“Yeah, unless you don’t like the innocent wittle new kid.” Lance chimed in the seat beside me.

“What’s this?” Stephanie asked; across from me.

“You don’t like the ne- Heath?” She corrected herself.

“No, if you must know, I do not.”

“Derrian.”

“Stephanie” I countered.

“Let it go, so he showed off in front of the whole school before we even knew him, and plays loud music. Why is that a reason to hate him?”

“Why is there a reason to LIKE him?”

“Because he’s dreamy…”

“Tessa, please. I’m sure people thought Hitler was cute too, but he was a horrible-HORRIBLE man!”

She pouted. “But… He’s not Hitler.”

“Just nevermind.”

The rest of lunch went on like this. My ideal of Mr. Hotshot hadn’t faltered.

He was still a poop-face in my book.

Greatttt, I had Anatomy next.

And Greattt, hot shot was in that class TOO.

Why was it that almost every class I was in, he was too?

This couldn’t be a coincidence.

“Hitler, huh? Yikes. I thought I had better hygiene than that.” A familiar, yet unwanted voice said beside me.

“Your kidding right.” I felt the anger rise to dangerous levels inside me.

“Pardon?” He asked, innocently.

“You are NOT my table partner.”

“I’m afraid I am.”

“But you’re in luck.”

“Why’s that?” I asked out of amusement.

“I only hate blondes. Not jews.”

“Ha. Funny.”

“Alright Class… I’d like to introduce a new student!” Mr. Holloway announced.

Heath’s smile lit up, and I swear his ego grew another twenty feet.

“Cocky.lsjdflsjf…hotshot.sdfsldfj.” I mumbled under my breath.

He stood up, and accepted all the dead-brained applause.

I did not even flinch, or acknowledge his existence.

But I’m sure every girl in the room made up for my lack of excitement. I rolled my eyes. This could not be happening. I didn’t need some pesky, narcissistic kid walking around this school, making it more difficult than it already was.

Maybe if I close my eyes… he’ll just disappear.

Yeah! That’s it. Count to what is it…10?

1…2…3…4

“Why are your eyes closed?”

Derrian, there is nothing there. No one is speaking to you, especially not Mr. Hotshot.

I had to keep reassuring myself. Hmm, where was I?

5…6

“Well, if you’re hoping I’ll go away, I’m afraid it’s not that easy.”

Ignore it. Please god; ignore it.

7…8…9…10.

Is it safe? -I peaked an eye open.

Class was still continuing…and HE was still here. Smugly grinning away, as if satisfied by my utter distaste for him.

“Damn.” I breathed out, huskily. Accepting my fate.

“So. What’s your name? I’m not sure I properly introduced myself in the car the other day.”

“None-ya. And it was just yesterday.”

“None-ya? Really? I pictured you as more of a Margery, or Nancy.”

I cringed at the names. What was this, little house on the prairie?

“Derrian. Heath. Stop disrupting the class.” Mr. Holloway commanded

Heath smiled foolishly at the sound of my actual name. I refused to let him distract me from learning.

Weird… I usually hate class, but I think I hate him more.

Much, MUCH more.

I took notes like a good little girl. Oddly enough, I felt like Alora, or Stephanie had possessed my body or something freaky like that.

Heath has been still as stone next to me. One arm, slightly on the table.

You could almost drown in the awkwardness.

I couldn’t help but feel my face go hot. Not because of Cocky-brains beside me, but because of all the jealous glares I was getting from fellow females in the class.

Let’s just say I was ready for this class to be over.

One more after this, and we were all free to go.

Drum roll…. He was in that class too.

I felt like crying. I had never hated someone so much in my entire life.

Bobby, ignored my feelings and tried to start conversation with poop-face.

I felt the minutes were like years, and I could have been dragged out of the room in a casket at the end of class.

I was just glad that today was Friday, and I could go out and party with the gang.

“Hey you.” Stephanie greeted me as I walked to the parking lot.

“Hey!” I greeted, my depressing mood lifting off my shoulders. Amazing what just the thought of no more Mr. Hotshot could do to my attitude.

“You wanna ride home with Tess and I? We were going to go back to my house and get ready for tonight.”

“Sounds awesome. Let me go tell Sam I don’t need a ride back home though.”

“Alright, you know where my car is, don’t you?”

I nodded a yes as I jogged off to the senior parking lot.

“SAM!” I shouted as I grew nearer to her familiar vehicle.

She didn’t look up. Though I was sure I had been loud enough.

‘SAAAMMM!!” I tried again, even louder. Nothing.

A few people gave me glares. Stupid seniors and their seniority attitudes! Finally, after much sprinting I reached her.

I banged on the window.

She slowly turned towards me, her eyes glazed over.

I jumped back. It kind of scared me. There was definitely something different about her…

She mechanically rolled down her window.

“Yes?” She said, monotone.

“Uh… I’m getting a ride with Steph to her house, so you can go on home.”

“Ok.” She replied blandly, and rolled up the window.

I slowly jogged back to where Steph’s car was located; in the Junior parking lot.

I damned the school for making them so far apart. I was gasping for air. Either that, or I was just really unfit.

Probably a little of both.

I furrowed my eyebrows together. Why was Sam acting weird? Should I be worried?

In the back of my mind I knew there was something wrong. I’d get to the bottom of it soon, but as of right now. I’ll pray it’s just a short phase.

I hopped into the back of Steph’s car. “ALL MY SINGLE LADIES, NOW!” I screamed, leaning over the middle island in the front seat, in order to find the right CD.

Tessa giggled in the passenger’s seat as Steph kept whacking me to move out of her peripheral vision.

Tisk, tisk. What a sad, safe driver.

Then again… I’m the one who wrecked her car first.

The music boomed through her speakers and we all danced wildly around to it.

It set the mood for a perfect night. Of partying, and forgetting Heath Baredell.