Status: Work-In-Progress

Love at First Cut...? Excuse Me, but I'm So Not Your Bloodmate

Jeepers Creepers.

Everyone seemed to be watching me very closely. So close, that it felt… wrong. Like this place was somewhere you’d visit in your nightmares. Some looked like they hadn’t eaten in weeks, and I was a piece of seasoned chicken or something.
I screamed and struggled with all my might but I just couldn’t move.
And everyone was just standing there watching me suffer. I was waiting for someone… anyone to pinch me so I could wake up from this horrible dream.

“Stop struggling.” The boy behind me said ravenous and annoyed.
Suddenly he jumped back from me and hissed oddly at the person that had broken us apart.
It was Lance. Lance gave him a hardened stare. I expected him to joke it off, and call me stupid or something and make fun of my dancing. But he just kept his stare, and grabbed a hold of my wrist.
“What are you doing down here?” He barked, angrily.
I was at a loss for words. First off, this guy had been like mind-raping me, and smootching my neck. That’s enough to get your emotions to twirl and you to freeze up, but the fact that your best guy friend who wasn’t smart enough to figure out how to even get down here-got down here. Or the fact that he’s never been serious in his life, is now giving the guy who mind-raped you a “if-I-could-kill-you-with-my-eyes-you’d-be-six-feet-below-the-ground” stare.

His arm, and the rest of his body started shaking violently. I wanted to smack him. This side of him scared the crap out of me. Why was he so mad. Yeah this was a rough crowd. But did he not know this guy could kick his A-S-S to California and back?

“You’re going to regret this. You all are.” He roared. Some of the people there gave him strange looks, some looked at him like he was crazy. Other girls giggled with flirtatious delight. And others looked serious; dead serious, as if they were about to knock Lance’s lights out. Heh. “Lance’s lights out.” Trying saying that five times fast.
Lance’s lights out.
Lance’s lights out.
Lance’s lights-ouchhhh!
“What are you doing?” I asked my best friend-or however this guy was I didn’t know grasping my hand and yanking me back to the top floor like a stuffed animal.
“Why the HELL would you go down there?!” He asked, his voice border-lining raging fury.
“Wh-what?”
“It’s a night club ditt-witt. Why do you think I went down there? To partyyy!” I said, trying to act like that scene with mind-rape guy never happened.
That was the first stage of recovery, right? Denial?
“Do you even know what you were about to get yourself into?” He questioned, like I was some sort of monkey-brained idiot.
“Why are you acting like I was in any real danger? I could have so kneed that guy in the balls and been outta there.” I said, scoffing. He acted like he’s never wrestled with me. Because he has, and every time. I WON.
“I’m not a sissy-pissy retard that is scared to break a nail and lose some locks of hair. Geesh.”
He haulted in the narrow passage, so that his body was only an inch away from mine. My breath haulted and I looked up at him.
The gel was coming out of his hair, so only a portion of it hung in his face. His eyes danced in the candlelight, and I oddly developed a weird feeling in my tummy. I tried desperately to act like he wasn’t taking my breath away. But I think I failed…
“Derrian Demitria Jean.” He said in a low commanding voice.
I just gulped.
“You don’t understand who those people were. You will one day; but for now. Do me a favor?”
It wasn’t more of a question. It was a rhetorical command.
“Hm?” I murmured a response anyways.
“NEVER go down there again.” His eyes locked dead on with mine. And it was all I could do but agree. The certain desperation he had to keep me away from there was evident. I didn’t want to hurt my best friend by betraying him.
“Ok.”
“Fine.”
He smiled the same smile he has since we were kids. I always loved his smile. It reminded me of home. In my neighborhood, selling lemonade at Lance and I’s lemonade stand. It was a horrible stand; we just glued a bunch of wooden boards together. But all’be darn it held up the crappy lemonade we attempted to sell.
“Ok. Good. You wanna dance now?” He asked, his mood changing completely.
I gave him a skeptical look. “Sure?”
“But with who? You took me from my dance partner, remember?”
He laughed. “Oh please, that guy did not know how to even dance.”
I blushed, embarrassed. I thought he did…
“How would you know?” I pressed, rather defensively. I didn’t know why though. I didn’t like that guy, I just didn’t like it when I was wrong, and Lance was right. Because that RARELY happens.
“I just do.” He said, smugly.
“Oh yeah. Like you could do annyyy better.” I said, crossing my arms over my chest, and shook my head to toss the hair out of my face.
“Sure can.” He said in a lower, calmer voice. Grabbing my hand and leading me to the dance floor.
“Wh-what? You’re joking. I am not dancing dirty with you, you perv!” I said, trying not to be helplessly pulled to the crowd of normal people. It was comforting to know that no one was looking at me.
“Chill. I won’t do anything drastic.” He laughed.
“Whatever.” I said, backing up to him and dancing closely to the beat of the music.
“See?” He said after a few minutes. I had to admit he was a pretty good dancer. But still, the guy downstairs had this dance of precision. Of lust almost. I didn’t really feel any lust in the dance with Lance. He was my best friend. That would be awkward.
This whole thing was awkward. Especially when I could feel the stiffness form in the front of his pants.
“Look what the cat drug in.” I froze. That voice… that stupid annoying voice.
“What are YOU doing here!?” I shouted over the music. He was smiling foolishly while he practically had some girl attached at his penis. She was a red head. Dressed all slutty. So typical. I knew his type was trampy.
Lance sighed sadly when I stopped dancing to face the little poop-head.
Lance was really starting to make our friendship awkward…

“Hey bro!” Lance spoke up in realization of who it was. Damn Heath and his evil way to make everyone love him. Except for me.
They greeted eachother, before tard-brain turned back to me.
“I own this club.” “So why are you here? You’re definitely not 21. Or 18.”
My face went red with fury. He was NOT about to kick us out of this club, was he?
“Excuse me? You cannot own such a cool club. You and cool- just don’t mix.” I spat back, probably shaking with anger.
“Actually I do. You and my club just don’t mix. So I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”
“I’m not going anywhere.” I said, standing my ground and crossing my arms over my chest.
*_*_*
“LET ME BACK IN! THIS IS SOO NOT FAIR! HEATH! HEATTTHHH!”
I screamed over the muscular and big body guards blocking my way back into the club.
“YOU ARE SO GOING TO REGRET THIS WHEN YOU GET BACK TO SCHOOL!” I shouted.
“Derr, lets go.” Lance said, trying not to laugh at me.
“You mean you’re not going to go back inside? He kicked me out, not all of you.
I said looking at all my friends who had stuck by my side and followed me as I was RUDELY kicked out.
“Yeah, but without you it’s not a party!” Bobby said, bear-hugging me with only one of his arms wrapped around my shoulder.
“Thanks.” I’m sorry I ruined you guys’s night.
“Really, the guy I was with was kind of boring. He was sophisticated and sweet, and funny.. and.” Stephanie paused in her dreamy-state.
“Horrible. Completely horrible. I sooo did not give him my phone number. PSH.”
She blew it off, and I laughed briefly.
“Yeah right.” I said, seeing through her charade.
“Derr-Bear. We’re not leaving your side.” Tessa’s feeble voice said from beside me.
“Fine. But I’ll still feel bad.”
“I can live with that. After all, I never got to finish my dance with that hot girl at the bar.” Lance said sadly.
“Oh, shut up.” I said, smacking the side of his arm.
I was tired anyways, in fact we all were. It was 11:50 at night, and we had to take a non-english speaking driver back to the restaurant where our cars were parked.
I yawned. “Remind me again, why we took a cab there?” Stephanie and Tessa looked at me like I was crazy.
“Hellloo!! What if some rapist followed us back to our cars and then like followed us home or something?” Tessa argued. I rolled my eyes.
“She’s right though Derr, it seemed more safe to take a cab since we’re girls.”
I nodded, understanding. “Then why’d the boys take one?” I asked, thinking of any good reason why they would, and couldn’t come up with one.
“Honestly, I don’t know.” Stephanie said, her brain in an enigma as well.
“But don’t worry. I took Spanish 1,2, and 3!” She smiled, trying to negotiate with the driver.
I couldn’t help but wonder how he could drive, when he probably didn’t know how to read any of the signs.
I feared my life for a split second, but then I brushed it off.
Life-threatening car rides seem to happen to me a lot.
That reminded me. How was I going to plan my revenge against hot-shot-car/club-owner guy?
He would pay…. That was for sure.

*_*_*
We got back to Stephanie’s house, and I was too tired to move. I just called my mom to ask if I could sleep over.
She agreed and then I went in Stephanie’s closet to get my Patrick Star pajama pants, and a normal Virgina Tech. T-shirt.
I plopped over in bed and told Tess and Stephanie to leave me alone. They knew better than to wake me when I was asleep. I was a straight-up female dog.
I could faintly hear them talking about their lovely new boy-toys they met tonight, and I didn’t really care. I thought boys were hot, but I would never give them my phone number. Boys and serious relationships did not work out. Trust me. I KNOW.
My heart panged at the memory of him… I refused to let myself get hurt again. Ever.
Plus, they could be dirty little scumbags like mind-rape boy. Though he was un-normally gorgeous.
That reminded me. Should I tell Stephanie and Tess about what happened tonight?
Then I remembered how they reacted at the thought of driving to a club, and I made up my mind.
They worried too much. I didn’t want them to worry about me. Plus, I was in the last stage of the recovery of a traumatic event; the Elizabeth-Cooper-Ross theory. Acceptance. I was gladly accepting that I was still in denial.
Denial that what happened down there ever happened.
Lance was right. That place was way to creepy to get involved in.
So why did that only make me want to go down there again?
Dang my rebellion and me… I thought before I finally fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment, rate, tell yoo' friends!