Status: Work-In-Progress

Love at First Cut...? Excuse Me, but I'm So Not Your Bloodmate

Damn those Contractions!

CHAPTER FIVE:

"Damn those Contractions!"

-

"Sorry I’m late!” Steph cried as she bustled into the classroom, only thirty seconds after the bell rang.

“I have a note.” She said, waving the thin piece of paper up in the air like it would save her life.

The teacher smiled. “Thank you Stephanie.” She said, grabbing the note from her.

“Yeah, thanks princess pop!” I squealed sarcastically as she sat down.

“Shut up and don’t be hatin.” She scolded playfully.

“How’d the bitter club go?” I whispered as Mrs. Cornillie instructed us to pull out a piece of paper.

“Good. We had to re-paint the lines on the football and soccer field, and then we had to re-polish the wooden stage in Drama Class.

“Sounds like oodles of fun.”

“Well, it felt good to know I was contributing to the school’s success, Derr. You really should think about joining a club. We could use your spunky attitude.”

“Hmm, and I thought my acidic attitude was normal?” I said, copying the notes down as they were written on the board.

“Well, whatever it is, we need it.”

“That’s just an excuse to get me to do prison-time with you.”

“Ms. Jean! Be quiet.” Mrs. Cornillie grumbled.

“But-she-uh-fine.” I pouted and continued writing vigorously in my notebook.

Steph just smirked. She never got in trouble, even though she could be as bad as me. It was like that saying ‘good girls are bad girls that don’t get caught’. This was basically a true statement, so the nerdy girl in the back of your math class probably and most likely gets massively drunk on the weekends and pops a few birth control’s before hitting the sack, whilst wearing fishnets.

Yeah, I DID give you that mental picture.

And, your welcome.

So figuratevly speaking- as in not figuratively speaking at all- I suck at English. I hate those stupid parts of speech. They all sound the same to me. How the F*ck is ‘a’ and ‘the’ an adjective?

And why do English teacher’s have the phobia of using contractions??

Can’t.

Won’t

Shan’t

Wouldn’t

Shouldn’t

Didn’t

Weren’t.

Suck it.

I felt my eyelids get fifty pounds heavier as I tried to pry them open.

Stephanie looked as bored as me, and I knew it was only seconds before I was out.

Luckily I had managed to stay awake most of the class period so the bell woke me after fifteen minutes.

“You lucky little fart nugget. While you counted sheep, I took notes for the both of us.” Steph whined as everyone aimlessly shuffled out of the classroom.

I nodded tiredly and smiled innocently.

“Did I ever tell you I love you?” I said in the best suck-up voice I could manage with my current zombie state.

“Like a sister, I know. You’re going to make it up to me to, or I’m going to stick your hand in warm water while you sleep in class so you pee on yourself!”

The weight on my eyelids lifted a little, and I felt a tad less tired . “GASP! You wouldn’t dare!?” I challenged.

Knowing the answer. “Try me.” I pouted and finally settled for the fact that I would go to sleep earlier at night and not fall asleep, thinking about contractions in class.

-Ironic though, that I’m dreaming about contractions while falling asleep in English.

I dragged my feet down the never-ending hallway on my quest towards Civics class.

“OH and Derr!” Steph called, pivoting and shouting at me while walking backwards to class.

I secretly prayed that she would run into someone. Preferably a big, scary wrestler dude.

I just cut my eyes in her direction, watching her bouncy steps slowly fade into the distance.

“Wipe the drool off your face.”

Everyone walking by me stopped and stared at me. I immediately whipped the back of my hand over my mouth, and sure enough, I felt wet slobber.

Greattttt.

A few people laughed at me and I grimaced.

I guess I deserved that.

Either way, I’m awake now!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all the ones that support my stories.

i owe you guys =))

Enjoy!