Status: Work-In-Progress

Love at First Cut...? Excuse Me, but I'm So Not Your Bloodmate

Calling mom and dad.

Heath’s Pov.

One whole day. That’s how long it’s been.

And do you know what it feels like to be thousands of miles away from your bloodmate?

Of course you don’t, so that’s why I’m informing you. IT IS TORTURE.

Like you’re doing a triathlon with a massive hangover, or being beaten silly by millions of squealing piglets.

I can honestly say that I now know what it feels like to be in hell. Because my whole body constantly feels like it’s on fire. I’ve gone through two shipments of blood already, and my throat still feels as dry as a bone.

My insides are piles of ashes, and my insanity is on a thin line.

I’ll have to thank her for such a wake-up-call. That is if I don’t suck her dry, first.

When I couldn’t grit my teeth and bare it any longer, I decided I’d have to call them.

Them being my parents, people whom I rarely talk to.

“Hello?” My mom’s soothing voice rang highly in my ears.

“Uhrm… uh, mom?” I asked, beginning awkwardly.

“….Heath?” Her voice cracked with surprise.

“Uh, yeah. It’s me.”

“Victor, it’s Heath.” I heard her say to my father.

“What trouble is he in now?” A typical answer from my father. I couldn’t blame him, I wasn’t the nice son they could call up on the weekends and chat about nonsense. That was my brother’s job. I was the one who would only call when I needed bail money, or the son they would have to defend in court for an accusation of manslaughter. An accusation made out to me for massacring a whole village.

The bad boy.

The reject of the family, and all the other names that follow suit.

But like I said, those were only the good old days, in today’s society- you would for sure be murdered, or worse. The humans could run tests and find out the truth about our kind. The whole race of vampires depended on whether or not my father could be a good lawyer.

And when you’ve got to canine’s the sizes of razorblades, evidence comes more willingly.

“It’s not that I’m in trouble, I just-.” How does one go about telling their parents that they’ve found the love of their life?

“Well, you see…”

“The issue here is…” Why couldn’t I just SAY it!?

“Just spit it out Heath.” My mom scolded through the small, black receiver.

“I think. I think I have a blood mate.” I stated finally, after much anticipation. Now all that was left was to wait for her reac-…

“YOU WHAT!?” Well, the reaction was better than expected.

“Yeah…” I trailed off.

“Oh honey that is so exciting! Good for you, but bad for her. Pore girl is stuck with you for the rest of eternity. Anyways, I’m still happy for you, what kind of vampire is she? Does she have black hair? Oh, how I want grandchildren with black hair!” My mother continued through the phone rather animatedly. I maturely ignored the remark meant to degrade me.

“No, I don’t know if she had black hair, because I haven’t even met her yet!” I yelled, seizing her joyful bickering

“You haven’t??” She sounded utterly shocked.

“Well, what are you waiting for, go find the girl!”

“What? I don’t want to. I don’t want to have a blood mate. I’ve gone hundreds of years without one, and I liked it better that way.”

She choked on her own spit.

“Son, you’re kidding right?” My dad said through another receiver.

“No I am not, this stupid girl, vampiress, whatever. Has changed my taste buds, not even the humans I regularly feed on taste the least bit decent.

“I even found a vampire girl at my club last night, and brought her home.”

“I DO NOT WANT THE DETAILS!” My mother scolded immediately.

“Well too bad, because even after having sex all night long, and tasting her blood, I felt vile. AND SHE WAS A VAMPIRE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! OUR BLOOD IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST!” I was now panting through the phone. And I wasn’t afraid to show my parents how obviously scared I was. Nothing like this has ever happened to me. I’ve lived off of what I knew throughout my whole existence; never had I ever changed my ways.

Until now.

“HEATH! Why would you cheat on your blood mate like that!? She is yours, and you are hers. No others will do. We told you this when you were younger, have you forgotten?” My mother’s voice rang quiet audibly and reprimanding. But the ugly truth was that I hadn’t forgotten, I had been dreading the bittersweet truth of the situation all my life.

I knew deep down that I would rather cut my own heart out that cheat on her-whoever she was, again.

I had to clench my teeth as I kissed another girl. It felt like I was kissing a rotted corpse, who smells putrid, and tasted worse than it smelled.

It was horrific to stand by and watch your world change in a matter of seconds, and it was like you had no control of it.

I knew I should have flown to France this weekend. Because then I would have been far enough away not to smell the blood, and I would of never of had to go through this.

But of course, I get the luck of the draw. –Sarcasm intended.

“Don’t worry son, you’ll learn to love her. She’ll be like the long lost piece of you, you never new was lost, until you saw her. The bird to your song, the shine to your smile, the beating of your heart. She will be perfect in every way.”

My dad said, and I could hear my mother sigh contently into the phone.

I felt like gagging. She wouldn’t be perfect in my eyes, I wouldn’t allow her to be. She’d be the symbol of hatred from now on.

Because one thing I’ve determined about myself.

Is how truly competitive I am. It’s been like that for ages with my brother’s company and my own, it’s been like that between us ever since we were born.

Therefore, I knew that ripping my own heart out would have to be a likeable option, because I would surely die before I let a girl control my world.

And by the barbaric feelings I already had to fight away last night,

I’ll be writing my own Death wish in no time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment if you like the story!

thanks for subscribing/reading!

constructive criticism is welcomed! - I'm looking to be a better writer
=]]