Status: Work-In-Progress

Love at First Cut...? Excuse Me, but I'm So Not Your Bloodmate

Bloodmates would be great accessories, except for the fact that they drive you insane.

Heath’s POV.

Driving. It seemed to become so irrelevant. Why would I drive when I could run around the whole world in as little as two days? BECAUSE SHE IS MAKING ME FUCKING INSANE. I’m doing things I never thought I’d do. I’m thinking things I seriously- shouldn’t.

Why was I even here? I had already delayed myself three, torturing, agonizing days away from her. And because of that, I lost her scent. I lost the scent of heaven, because that’s exactly what it was like. It was more than mouthwatering. It was waterfall-worthy. I shook my head vigorously. I was here, in Virginia; in the same city as her, because I could pinpoint her location only to here. Now I need to find her, wherever she is.

Why? I have no idea right now. But I’m going to make sure that I find her, and when I do. I will kill her. I will get rid of her, so I can go back to the way it was.

When I didn’t have to fall in love with someone I didn’t know. Someone, until now (unfortunately), I didn’t want to know.

My stomach roared, and my throat burned with thirst. It had been like this for a while now. I had been delaying my self the pleasure of a good sucking for what felt like forever plus one day. Again, because I only wanted her.

But wasn’t this a part of getting over her, by being with others? Yeah it broke my heart in half and I’ve been brought to tears at the thought of betraying her, but my ego was way bigger than that. I guess some would say that it was a sad, poor character flaw of mine.

But what can I say?

-I’m not the good guy.

I turned on some music to my favorite CD and blared it into my ears. Trying desperately for the rhythmic beat to bring me back to memories of the past; back to my old self and ways.

I opened my eyes sharply, and a tiny smirk brushed onto my face.

Ladies and Gentleman, it’s time to eat.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Yawning, I woke up.

Shit. 7:45! I’m freaking late to school. I had fallen asleep as soon as I got home, which unfortunately meant I forgot to do my homework. AGAIN.

I ran, straight ran to the sink. Brushed my teeth, knowing I probably missed a few teeth here and there.

I jumped to the sound of a car screeching outside my house.

I ran to look out the window.

Sam’s car was pulling away and moving further and further into the distance.

I sighed, knowing what was happening.

You’d think being me; I’d be use to this by now.

I was having ANOTHER bad day.

I didn’t even care after that, because it was inevitable that I was going to be late. I finished brushing the missed toofies, and followed up with a face-wash and deodorant. Next, I just lazily shrugged on a gray sweater and a pair of slim jeans. I sprayed some perfume on, and dared myself to look into the mirror.

It wasn’t as bad as I had thought.

Maybe today just had a bad beginning, you know like in Beauty in the Beast-yes, I still watch Disney princess movies in my spare time, thanks- when her dad gets chased by a pack of wolves and gets beast-napped and Bell starts crying, and horny Gaston’e won’t leave her alone when all she wants to do is read a book?

Maybe that whole shindig was going down. But in a different approach.

…Yea, no.

I lightly brushed the tangles out of my again, boring hair. I lightly applied eyeliner and mascara.

I then sat at the top of the stairs, waiting for my parents to leave to go to work. Then I grabbed a cold pop tart and my book bag and headed down the front steps toward my long walk to school.

The sad thing was that by the time I probably got there, it would be time to go back home.

I assumed it had rained last night by the way random puddles would appear on the sidewalk. Plus the way tons of birds were chirping, raising from damp nests.

Or possibly mocking my shit-tastic day.

Bored and tired, I figured I’d just count the number of puddles I found.

1….2…..3….4…5

234….235…..236…23-

Where am I?

I looked around. Sure I’m a terrible back seat driver- Sam could be driving into a tree and I wouldn’t even notice. But I didn’t think I was as bad with directions, and I was pretty sure we’d never gone this way before.

I frowned at my surroundings. It was a long strip of road, one that probably led to a highway eventually. But nothing was in sight, just tree’s and more shit-tastic singing birds.

I kicked a rock that lay only inches from my shoe as I continued to frown and mutter curse words under my breath. Thankfully, I won’t share what I said with you.

A few cars would pass every now and then, and I had given up trying to chase them a while ago.

I mean, yeah it’s stupid to chase a car, but I figured if I could keep up, they’d lead me to a main road sooner than I would lead myself to one.

300…301…302.

A car hadn’t ridden by in quite a while.

Where was I? Oh yeah!

303…304…305….30-

A loud roaring sound could be heard a few miles behind me.

Why would a sports car be riding down this road? It was obviously the less-populated part of town.

I could hear the music blast in it as it rode by.

Of course, the only teenager around here wouldn’t help their fellow-teen out.

Angrily, I kicked a bigger rock.

And not to my-bad-day-surprise, it hit the car.

I resisted the urge to scream “BINGO!” because that’s what I always did when I hit something right on target.

Instead, I blushed an embarrassed red.

It went to a whole new shade of red after the loud music became clearer and the car came to a stop.

“What the FUCK was that?” I jumped at the voice. The driver was a young man; his voice was rough, but smooth, like the ocean at night.

I could feel the anger radiating from him.

Well tough luck for him, because I was angry too! I’m the one who’s been lost-wandering around for two hours.

“FUCK YOU. I WOKE UP LATE, MISSED MY RIDE, HAD TO EAT A COLD POPTART, WALK TO SCHOOL, COUNT PUDDLES OUT OF BOREDOM AND GOT LOST, SO YOUR FUCKING CAR CAN DEAL WITH A SCRATCH!!”

Damn. I really was upset.

He looked utterly taken aback.

“Uhh….” I seamed to have stolen the words from him. He stared at me, confused. His eyes looked almost red…?

I blinked. That couldn’t have been right.

I raised an angry eyebrow.

I just continued my rant.

“Seriously, you’re like seventeen and you can’t offer a ride to pore little red- riding hood to school?”

“You should be yelling at yourself asshole.”

He looked pissed at that. But surprisingly, he didn’t say anything.

He just glared at me. Like he wanted to blow up, but couldn’t.

HEATH’S POV.

The lost-looking girl kicked a good sized rock into the back of my car.

Well fuck. I wasn’t going to take someone so soon, but if she’s lost. Then no one will expect her home for a while. Plus, the bitch hit my car. She deserved the punishment.

The music in the background kept me energized. I was going to scare her first. Yell at her to make her run away, and enjoy the chase. I smiled to myself as I approached her figure. Her head was down, and shaded by her straight blonde hair.

“What the FUCK was that?” My voice echoed off the tree trunks, hushing the noises around us.

Her head popped up, and immediately I was washed with an exquisite smell. It was the best perfume I had ever smelt. It made me intoxicated at it’s presence, so much so that I didn’t even notice her forehead crunch with anger, and her teeth grind madingly.

“FUCK YOU. I WOKE UP LATE, MISSED MY RIDE, HAD TO EAT A COLD POPTART, WALK TO SCHOOL, COUNT PUDDLES OUT OF BOREDOM AND GOT LOST, SO YOUR FUCKING CAR CAN DEAL WITH A SCRATCH!!”

Her body was slowly shaking, and it was obvious that she hadn’t had a good day.

Still, I just wanted to stall, to sit there and smell her. Even though that sounded weird, it was almost as if I couldn’t leave if I wanted to.

I stared at her neck, though she thought I was probably staring off into space.

Two steps was all it would take, and I could sink my teeth into her.

Just two, and I could do it so fast, she wouldn’t have time to scream.

But my feet wouldn’t move. I couldn’t get myself to do it. No matter how much mind over matter I gave, I knew I wasn’t going to hurt this petite girl.

“Seriously, you’re like seventeen and you can’t offer a ride to pore little red- riding hood to school?”

“You should be yelling at yourself asshole.” Her voice let out more of the intoxicating smell. Everything about her smelt nice.

I should have been mad, infuriated that some mere teenager would say such foul things to me. Such a bitch would pass her words off like they meant nothing.

And yet me, Heath Conway Baredell wasn’t going to do anything about it.

I cursed my bloodmate. She was the reason this was happening, the reason I couldn’t bite her.

But what her words had said stung something inside me.

I was Heath, but that didn’t mean I was heartless.

I could hear the pounding of her heartbeat, and the tired breathing in her chest.

She had been walking a while.

Maybe she’ll end up being a valuable since of information.

If anything, she looks fairly popular. With nice blonde hair, and a strong, curvy figure.

She’d probably know if anything suspicious was going on around her. If any particular girl was acting strangely, and that way I can find my vampiress, and kill her. So I can get the hell out of this stupid bloodmate ordeal.

I only had a few words left for her confused stare, that met my own.

“Hop in, Red.” I felt her scoff, but follow me none-the-less.

Dear God, help me. For I’m about to let a nasty human into my car.

I seriously am changing.
♠ ♠ ♠
again, sorry for not updating, life is busyy!