Status: Work-In-Progress

Love at First Cut...? Excuse Me, but I'm So Not Your Bloodmate

Hell, in the form of a car ride.

Derrian-

I hesitantly situated myself into his car. It smelled faintly of alcohol, cigarettes and that ‘new car’ smell. I coughed, feeling the stench mix toxically in my lungs.

I jumped at the sound of the driver’s door slamming shut.

He had gotten in so fast that I hadn’t even noticed.

He turned the car on, and sped off so fast that my body slammed itself into the seat.

We had to be going like 90-100.

“ARE YOU INSANE!?” My scrawny voice screeched over the loud music that threatened to drown out my words. My eardrums were aching.

He’s response remained muted.

“HELLO!!!??” My voice must have cracked 28754387 times, as I was FINALLY heard over the music.

Silence.

Well, fuck.

My eyes scanned the black radio set into the car. I immediately hit the ‘power’ button once I had found it.

Creepy, crazy-driving guy growled at me.

No, I’m not kidding you. He straight up growled.

In lightening speed he switched the loud banging music back on.

I’ll admit, I like rockish music, but not when it is making my ears bleed.

I reached for the radio once more, only to get my hand smacked.

I jumped at his sudden movement. I bit my lip as the pain surged up my arm.

Even after a few seconds had passed, the aching hadn’t left my shoulder. I held it together enough not to cry, though the beating base seemed like it was edging me to do so.

That’s when the anger kicked in. “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

What the hell was wrong with him!??

Why did I agree to get into his car? Why couldn’t I have just kept counting puddles? I mean, puddles are harmless, they don’t blare music… and they certainly don’t smack your hand without any good reason.

I had not even noticed that the music had stopped; my anger was seething in my bones.

“Look. I’m giving you a ride. You should be happy for that.” His voice made me gasp for breath. It was so exotic, something I’ve never heard- ever. Not around town, not out of town, not in movies, not on the radio. NEVER.

But it was cold, hard as stone, enraged like a hatful fire.

I almost for got the furry that threatened to explode me alive.

“A ride? You’re calling this a ride? This is the fast and the furriest 5, this is a roller coaster of death, this is fucking final destination, ok!? Now let me out!” I protested. His eyes stayed glazed over, not showing any notation that comprehended what I had said.

Not caring or not, I reached for the door handle. I could not believe I was doing this, but you know in thriller movies, how people do it off an adrenaline rush?

Yeah, that was happening to me at the current moment.

It was locked and wouldn’t budge. The unlock button was on his side.

I tried desperately, again and again to unlock it, ignoring the emotions that were overwhelming.

Ironically, I always thought that I would be the last one to be kidnapped/laid.

Still, no matter my hardest effort, that door was not opening.

“Could you stop looking like a spaz- we’re h-.”

CLICK

“Wha…wha…whaaa!” Immediately my hard work had paid off. The car door flew open without any hesitation, and my reflexive body fell to the pavement.

Surprisingly, it didn’t hurt so badly. I landed on plushy grass that was soft against my butt.

Suddenly bolts of laughter crackled around me, and the contagious laughter only grew bigger as my cheeks grew hotter.

I dared to look at its source. We were at a school- MY school. It was lunchtime and all the student body that had been eating outside was enjoying food and a show.

Except my klutziness didn’t seem very amusing to me.

I had never been so embarrassed in my life.

Me, Derrian Jean had been fooled by a boy.

Reason number (I lost count) to hate the opposite sex.

I turned 90 degrees to stare into the dark black sports car. The boy who had caused all of this to occur finally showed signs of life as he smiled mischievously down at me.

He didn’t say a word, and I couldn’t hear his hypnotic voice. But his smile was reflecting in the sun, even through the black tent of the car. It was also something near and amazing sight.

No matter how gorgeous he was, he was an ass. But there were just two problems: an ass an ass= NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

We were destined enemies. It could have been written by the gods, engraved in stone, etc. It was simple math.

Huffing and puffing, I stormed off the grass, ducking my head as spiteful comments were thrown my way.

I could hear the screeching behind me, and I took a glance back.

The majorly horse-powered car swerved it’s way out of the school parking lot, the passenger door still wide open.

Abruptly, the car did a brilliant 180, and the door slammed shut by itself.

Why did the gorgeous asshole have to have cool car-moves too?

It is so completely not fair. Have you ever noticed that the pretty people are the cool kids at school that don’t talk to you- even when you’re screaming in their ear and the ugly ones are the rejects that sit on the floor in the cafeteria and dream about marrying some made up anime guy on cartoon network?

Weird how that works out.

As I retreated from the front of the school, and the laughter hushed itself with each gaining step, I smiled. Seeing Steph’s and Tess’s perky figures come into view.

However the popularity scale tipped itself, I was just glad the jerk didn’t go here.

*_*_*_*

“BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!” Of course Lance and Bobby would break out into fits of laughter after I shared my ‘Mcdreamy experience’.

“It wasn’t funny!! I could have been in serious danger.”

“Derrian’s right you guys. This kid seems like bad news.” Stephanie defended.

Hmmph, at least she agree’s that falling on your ass because of a boy is a serious issue.

“D-do you think we should like, report it?” Tessa asked sheepishly.

God only knows what would of happened if Tessa had been in that situation.

“Nah, he was probably some rebellious teenager running away from home, who decided to make a pit stop.” I felt butterflies swarm in my stomach.

Bad guys were hot….

Wait. Rewind, I didn’t think that.

Well I did, but I meant to say: Bad NICE guys were hot…. Not bipolar unnaturally gorgeous ones.

I think.

“Dude. I have to meet this guy!” Lance said, holding his gut with laughter.

“You can stop laughing at any moment… really.” I spoke, shutting my locker.

“Look Der, we were just messin with ya!” Of course, Bobby would stick up for his dipstick friend.

“Ok. Well I already had a whole school laugh at me, so please. Go ahead.”

The hallways buzzed with laughter and pointing that I was so use to by now, I barely even noticed.

“Great look what you did now guys.” Stephanie’s voice echoed down to me as I kept my charging pace to my next class.

I could hear her footsteps clunk fast as they caught up to mine.

“You know they’re just being stupid, Derr.” She frowned as I kept my lips in a tight line.

She rolled her eyes swiftly before yanking on my arm. I barely mumbled out an ‘uff’ before I was re-directed into the girls bathroom.

“Tell me what’s wrong. Now.” She instructed and other girls in the bathroom just ducked shyly at our timely entrance.

I would flee too, for everyone knew Stephanie as the sweet, innocent girl with the eyes of a puppy-dog. I was the only one who ever saw her like this, as her solemn, nonnegotiable self.

I have a smart mouth, sharp sarcastic remarks, but this was the one thing I couldn’t deny. We had grown up together; witnessed downfall after downfall.

I sighed heavily. The bell to the next class rang, and I looked expectantly at Steph, but like I thought, her face hadn’t altered.

“You know that I hate boys. I hate them with a furious passion, and having one of them upstage me; one trick me- I feel… like poo.” I finally admitted, letting my features fall into a permanent frown.

She almost laughed.

“Steph… I’m serious.”

“Don’t let your pride get you down. He’s one boy-whom you’ll probably never see again in your life.”

She’s right, I felt silly.

I just didn’t want a repeat of what happened with Drew…

“Come on’, I know want you to get all the time in the world to make fun of Mr. Lansworth.” She smiled micheveously as I nudged her playfully.

“I do like making fun of men who smell like ketchup, and live in their mom’s house…” I admitted, feeling better.

“I KNEW IT!” She laughed, running towards the funky smelling classroom down the hall.

We got in trouble for our lateness, but it was so worth it, because right in the middle of Mr. Lansworth;s plaid shirt, was a bright, neon, polka-dot tie.

I mean, it might be a bad thing that other’s people misery makes me laugh, but what can I say?

-I’m not the good girl.

And Steph was right, I shouldn’t let some stupid pre-menopausal boy bring me down.

He was just another gorgeous, obnoxious face I would never see again in my whole entire lifetime. Right?