He's Never Seen A Heart He Couldn't Break

From Barely Friends To Thick As Theives

Pete drove us back to his hotel. I clutched my purse anxiously, expecting another mob of paparazzi. But no one came and it was safe to get out of the car.

"So what do you want to do now?" he asked, holding my hand as we walked to the room him and Patrick shared. "We have video games," he offered, turning the key in the lock. He shoved the door open, revealing what looked like a roadside explosion site.

"Sorry," he apologized, noticing my shocked expression. "We haven't really had time to clean lately. We're too busy exploring the city and everything."

I nodded. "Totally understandable." I walked over and sat on one of the beds, with books piled on the nightstand next to it. I scanned some of the covers, surprised that I knew most of them and that some of them were girly books. "Wow. Have you read all these?" I picked up the book on the top of the pile and flipped through it.

He glanced up from throwing some clothes in the corner (which I assumed was his method of "tidying up") and his face grew red. "Actually, I'm reading all of them. I get bored with one book after a while and then start on another one to keep my interest. But I never forget the plots or the characters so it's not as hard as it sounds. Except on deciding which one I want to read before I got to bed, but that's the hardest part of it."

I set the book down, excited. "Me too! God, I thought I was the only one who read eight different books at one time. I was teased for it so much. I would come to school with a different book every day and people would say, 'Didn't you read that already?' or something and I'd get embarrassed." I walked over and started folding all the clothes he had thrown down. He looked almost startled, then followed my lead, picking up a shirt and clumsily trying to fold it.

I snatched it out of his hand. "Leave these to me. You go get the video games ready." He looked about to protest, but I gave him a stern look and he gave in, walking over to the Playstation 3 and pulling out all of the game choices.

"What do you want to play?" he called.

"What do you have?" I asked, then wanted to kick myself for asking such a stupid question. He's fucking rich, Cassie, I thought to myself.He has every video game under the sun. "Tony Hawk?"

"Which one? We have them all."

See."You choose. I can kick your ass at any of them."

"Ooo, feisty." He bent down and put in a disk that I couldn't read the title of and went through all the cautioning procedures and junk. I, on the other hand, had finished folding his shirts and was then moving on to making the beds and a clear pathway so they could navigate the room without stepping on anything. "Hey! You don't have to do that!"

"But I want to," I said sweetly. "There's nothing else for me to do until you get the game ready."

He pointed to the screen. "The game is ready."

I started on the other bed. "I have to finish what I started. Otherwise it'll bug me."

"Are you gonna cook us dinner, too? And brush our teeth? And dress us?"

"Not for free."

He set the controller down and walked over to me. I felt hands loop around my waist and lips on my neck as I bent down to smoother the covers. "And what's your price, miss?" He sounded so innocent. I tried not to shudder but couldn't stop myself and I slowly turned my head. He connected our lips and pressed one hand against my back, crushing me against him. I moaned and let my arms explore his chest and arm muscles. He raised his eyes to mine and I was startled by what I saw that I almost stepped back.

Banked heat. He was turned on. Sexually aroused. However you want to phrase it--he was excited by my body. But he's been with so many girls, I thought. How could he possibly be excited about me?

He seemed to read my thoughts. He nuzzled my neck lovingly and whispered, "You're gorgeous, Cassandra Palmer."

I scowled. "I've never been on 50 Most Beautiful People."

His lips shimmered on my skin. "I'll nominate you the next time I make it."

"Ugh!" I pushed him away. "Cocky bastard!"

He grinned. "Everybody loves a cocky bastard."

"Do you really believe that?"

He laughed. "No." He stepped back and grabbed his controller. "Wanna play now?"

I smiled at his impatience. "Okay." I grabbed a controller and we started playing. I beat Peter at two games and he beat me at one. I was impressed with his video game skills, but then remembered that he was as big of a gamer as I was. "It must be hard to get in video game time having so many tours." I said.

He nodded but didn't take his eyes from the screen. "Mhmm." His hands were working furiously at the controls. Suddenly he burst into laughter as his skater knocked mine off his board. "Sucker!" Giggling like a maniac, he grinned triumphantly in my direction.

"Loser," I muttered under my breath trying to keep my self-control intact. I could feel his eyes on me and I'm not gonna say it was awkward. After a few moments of silence the main menu flashed up on the screen. Startled I looked over at Pete, who had set his controller down. "What are you doing?"

He shrugged and kept his gaze on me. He was staring into my eyes like he was captivated or something. His hand came up to cup my chin and he kissed me tenderly. His warmth flowed through my lips like blood through veins and I couldn't stop the moan that came. I brought my hand up and ran it through his short black hair. When we pulled away, his eyes were smoldering. His hands came up to my waist and slowly unbuttoned my jeans.

I shivered as I watched him slowly slide off my jeans, staring into my eyes the entire time. "Pete.."

"You beautiful girl, Cassie," he murmured, lifting my shirt up halfway and burying his face in my stomach. "You beautiful, beautiful girl.."

The vibrations against my stomach made me inhale quickly. I stroked his soft hair with my hands, petting him like I would a dog. "What am I going to do with you, Pete Wentz?"

"Anying you want," came the murmured reply. "Use your imagination."

Well, try being normal after a comment like that. I swallowed the lump in my throat and bent to kiss his head.

Just then a knock on the door interrupted us. I heard Pete sigh and then Patrick, Andy and Joe came in laughing. "Oh, haha, sorry!" Joe and Andy covered their eyes and laughed. I felt like an idiot sitting there, rubbing Pete's hair back and forth so I moved to get up and put on some pants.

Pete moaned and pulled me back, kissing his way up my exposed stomach. "Peter!" I reluctantly pulled my shirt down, unwilling to undress any further in front of innocent bystanders. He grabbed my hands and kissed me fiercly.

"Were you two just getting started?" Joe teased, throwing his jacket over a chair and collapsing on the bed. "We're sorry we interrupted."

I blushed and stood up, trying not to be self-conscious of the fact that I was only in my shirt and underwear. I grabbed some jeans off the floor that I'm sure were Pete's and pulled them on. Pete stood up and walked up behind me. "Beautiful," he whispered into my ear again.

I turned around swiftly. "If you call me that again, so help me God I'll--" I was cut off by his lips. He kissed me and nibbled on my bottom lip seductively.

"You'll what?" he asked, enjoying watching me squirm from his kisses. "What will you do to me, Cassie?"

Patrick glanced at us. "Do you want us to leave? We just came in here to play video games but, we could set it up in Andy and Joe's room if you guys want."

"No," I said at the same time Pete said, "Yes." I turned to Pete and said in what I hoped was a firm tone, "No."

Pete raised his eyebrows and nibbled on my neck. "Yes," he said simply.

I could tell I was going to lose this battle. I looked helplessly at Patrick and nodded. "Sorry, Patrick."

He grinned. "No problem, Cassie." Then him and the other guys packed up their things and left.

I turned to Peter. "Satisfied?"

He grinned wide and nodded. "Come here." He walked over to his suitcase and handed me a small square box.

My breath got quicker. I looked up at him anxiously, "Are you--?"

He laughed. "No, no, not that. It's just a gift from a boyfriend to a girlfriend. Open it." He looked so cute standing there with a silly grin on his face, watching me carefully open the box. Inside was a small but gorgeous diamond ring with my birth stone in the center. I gasped and threw my arms around him. "And another thing. I told you you'd be meeting someone special tonight." He opened the door to the hallway and called down it. Suddenly a little white and brown bundle was in my lap, licking at my face furiously.

"Hemingway!" I laughed. "What a beautiful dog! You're such a good boy.." I continued to sweet talk the adorable puppy in front of me, while Pete watched with shining eyes.

"Dog-lover?" he asked.

I nodded and buried my head in Hemingway's fur. I laughed when he tried to wriggle away and lick my face. "He's so cute," I said finally.

"I could tell you'd like him. But I didn't know he'd take to you so well. Usually he's a little nipper. But he hasn't nipped at you yet." He looked at me curiously.

I grinned as Hemingway went sniffing around the room. He grabbed a pair of Pete's boxers from his suitcase and, before Pete could stop him, brought them over to me and dropped them in my lap with a satisfied grunt. I giggled like crazy and picked up the boxers. "Why thank you,"--Hemingway gave me a sloppy puppy kiss and Pete was blushing like mad--"I'll be sure to keep these on the floor." I grinned at Pete as I said it and noticed his blush deepening.

"You're amazing," he said. "I can't even remember the last time a girl made me blush like that. You're great." He picked me up and laid me down gently on the bed. He crawled on top of me and before either of us knew it, Hemingway jumped up and bit Pete's elbow.

"Ow!" he cried and jumped back. He rubbed his elbow and glanced at Hemingway, who was sitting on my chest and growling playfully at Pete. "Damn puppy teeth." I laughed harder than I'd ever laughed before. "God, did you give him steak when I wasn't looking? He's so protective over you."

I wiped away the tears from my eyes. "Aww, I'm sorry Petey. I didn't mean to steal your puppy from you."

He laughed. "Nobody could ever take my puppy from me." He kissed me. "Nobody but you, that is."