Healer of a Broken Heart

Welcome to Paradise

Jenna takes me on the grand tour of her apartment complex, a two room, one bathroom, kitchenette, and small living room, home and shows me to my room.

"Thanks a million, Jenna," I say.

"Oh, no problem, hun," she replies.

She goes to the kitchen and I look around what is now my room and begin to unpack my clothes. I kick off my shoes and lay on the bed for a while. I decided to go into the kitchen and join Jenna for a little chat. I walked in and saw her sitting at the table just finishing eating something. She had a small red plate in front of her and an empty glass.

"So, how about a tour of the town, too?" I ask and smile.

She smiled really big and replied, "Oh, definitely!"

She put her plate and glass in the sink and we walked back out to the 'White Stallion' as she calls it. She drives me all over town for a few hours and shows me to every shop, grocery store, and cafe around. We go in and eat at a small Karaoke Cafe' and head back home.

"Thanks for today," I say as we pull into the parking lot.

"No problem," she replies.

We get out of the car and head back inside to hit the hay. I go to my room and pull out my toothbrush and head to the bathroom. I take care of my business, brush my teeth, and go back to my room after saying good night to Jenna. I lay down in the nice, soft, and oh so comfortable bed and drift off to sleep.

I wake up the next morning to the smell of bacon, my weakness. I take a big whiff of the aroma coming from the kitchen and roll out of bed. I walk into the kitchen to greet Jenna.

"Morning, Sunshine," she says.

"Morning," I reply.

"Jayden, I would like you to meet my boyfriend, John. John, meet Jayden," she says.

I look over my shoulder to the guy sitting on the sofa that I was completely oblivious to when I walked in the room. "John, John Kiffmeyer?! Holy Crap!" I said appalled.

"Yep, the one and only," he replied.

"You're dating John Freaking Kiffmeyer?" I said.

"Yes," Jenna said with a huge grin painted on her face.

"Holy Crap," I said slowly. "It is an honor to meet you," I said as I stuck out my hand to shake. He returned the favor with a firm grip.

"As to you," he replied.

"So, how long have you two been dating?" I asked.

"The 30th makes what, four months?" Jenna asked as she turned to John. He nods.

"Awesome," I reply.

"Breakfast is ready," Jenna states as she places two plates on the table. "Dig in."

"We met just yesterday and you already are on my good side. Mind reader," I chuckle.

She tilts her head. "Bacon is my weakness," I state.

"Oh, I see. Well, that's good for me then," she smiles as she returns with the third plate.

"Eggs, bacon, and buttered toast. Yum!" I say as I begin to inhale the scrumptious meal. "Wow."

"I'm glad you like it," she says.

We sit at the table and converse for about an hour when John looks at the wall clock. "Oh, wow, I have to go. I will talk to you guys later," he says as he gets up and pecks Jenna on the lips. "It was very nice meeting you, Jayden." He flashes a smile and shuts the door behind him.

"Oh my God," I say slowly. "Why didn't you tell me you were dating him?" I ask.

"I thought you would like to meet him first," she smiled. I wanted to surprise you after you told me you liked Green Day. I assumed right when I thought you would know who he was since he started the whole shebang with Sweet Children.

"Yes, yes you did," I reply. "So, is there a mall anywhere around here?" I ask.

"Yeah, there is the Acorn Plaza about half an hour from here," she replies.

"Could we go?" I ask.

"Well, I have to work today, but I could drop you off on the way to work," she says.

"Only if it's on the way there," I say.

"Don't worry, it is," she smiles.

"Awesome, thanks," I say.

I go to my room and change out of my night clothes and into some public worthy clothes. I put my hair up into a ponytail and pull on some socks. I sit on the bed and put on my shoes, tie the laces, grab the money out of yesterday's pants and cram it into my pocket, and walk out the bedroom door. I greet Jenna at the front door and we walk out to the car and head off to the mall.

"So, what do you do for work anyway?" I ask.

"I work at the Lakeside Park. I train the interns," she replies.

"Oh, awesome," I reply.

I turn on the radio and we listen and sing the songs we know until we pull into the plaza. I get out and thank Jenna for dropping me off.

"Now, if you need me," she pauses as she pulls out a piece of paper and pencil from the glove compartment, "here is the number for the park." She hands me the paper and drives off.

I look around the plaza and try to find an appealing shop. I walk around for a while and window shop and occasionally buy a shirt or an accessory, nothing expensive because I don't know how long my money would last until I see a cosmetic shop with a 'Help Wanted' sign in the window. I rush over to the store and walk up to the lady at the counter.

"I saw the 'Help Wanted' sign over there and wondered if I'd be able to apply," I asked. I looked at the woman's name tag, it read, 'Helen' and 'Manager' underneath her name.

"Oh, yes, yes. We definitely could use your help," she said handing me a piece of paper. "Just fill this out and bring it back to us and we'll get back to you soon," she said.

"Alright," I smiled. "I'll bring it back as soon as possible."

I took the paper and looked around the Plaza a little while longer and found a McDonald's to eat at right down the road. I walked to the restaurant and ordered a Big Mac. It was one of the best Big Mac's I've ever had. It was great. I walked back to the plaza and waited around for a while for Jenna to get back. It wasn't long that two young guys was walking down the sidewalk of the plaza laughing and cutting up. They were about my height, one had blond hair, a Ramones shirt, and blue jeans. The other had a shaved head a sleeveless gray shirt and blue jeans as well. They walked past me and just glanced at me, no other sign of acknowledgment. Oh well, I didn't really care.

I waited around for about half an hour just taking in the California air and trying my best to not look like a tourist and then Jenna pulled up.

"Hey, how was your day?" she asked when i got in the car.

"It was good. I'd have to say that the Big Mac was the best," I smiled. She chuckled.

"Well, I'm happy to hear that," she said.

We went home and hung around the apartment for a while. John came over for a little while for dinner and we got to sit and talk and get to know each other a little more. Talking to John was pretty fun. He told me about his time with the guys in Sweet Children and what he does in college.

*John's P.O.V.*

I showed up at Jenna's house around 5:00 and she was almost done with dinner.

"Hey, it's me!" I hollered through the apartment.

"Hey Hun!" Jenna hollered back.

I looked over at Jayden who was sitting on the sofa watching tv. I walked over to her and asked, "May I?"

"Of course," she replied and scooted over to make more room.

"So, what are you watching?" I asked.

"There is something on the news about a mass suicide from the Heaven's Gate cult in San Diego. 39 people committed suicide. It's pretty scary," she replied.

"Yeah, it is. I heard about that this morning," I said.

"Dinner is ready," Jenna called from the kitchen.

Jayden turned off the tv and we walked over to join Jenna at the table. I leaned over and kissed her cheek and sat down beside her. We talked over the dinner and I told Jayden about my Sweet Children history and why I made my decisions. around 7:15 I left to go back to the house. I enjoyed talking to Jayden. I'm actually growing pretty fond of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to make some sense of this story instead of putting a bunch of bull crap in it so I've been putting a bunch of facts in here. The Heaven's Gate cult committed a mass suicide on March 29, 1997. I can't say much for the shopping malls and plazas I'll be putting in here, but I know they exist so they're there.

Well, it's off for a rocky start, but I hope you guys stick around to read. We'll see how well this goes with John and Jenna.
Ooh