Healer of a Broken Heart

Spiders Should Rot In Hell

*Jayden's P.O.V*
I sit at the kitchen counter and stare at my cereal. Why does he play with me like that? I ask myself.

Right about that time I see a little black thing out of the corner of my eye. It's moving closer and closer every second. I look to my right and see a big black spider approaching my hand.

"AAAHH! SPIDER!" I scream and jump off the bar stool.

About thirty seconds later, Tre runs in the kitchen with a Han Solo gun singing the James Bond theme. He rolls on his side toward the fridge and is on his right knee with his left leg stuck out balancing himself with it. He lunges toward the counter and rips off a paper towel from the roll hanging from the cabinets and dramatically squishes the spider. The entire time this is taking place I've pressed myself against the wall. I'm a total arachnophobic and will freak out, as you saw, when I see a spider; and for some reason if one touches me I begin to shake and lose my breath.

Tre leaves the room, I still pressed up against the wall with little breath. The toilet flushes and he returns to me. He stands in the doorway, half in the living room, and just looks at me. I don't know how, exactly, but he just looks at me with one brow raised. Kind of like, 'What on earth is wrong with you/ are you okay/ You're such a baby' kind of look. I stare at him wide eyed and breathing fast.

"Am I that gorgeous?" he asked with a stupid grin.

I squint my eyes and give him a death stare. He patted my shoulder and said, "Don't worry, it will be alright. I swear." I didn't move. I couldn't move. "Are you alright?" I shook my head.

He peeled me off the wall and pushed me into the living room. He sat me down on the couch and ran into the kitchen to get a bottle of water. What on earth is going on? I asked myself.

He returned with the bottle and shoved it in my face. "Here," he said.

I took the water and attempted to open it but couldn't quit shaking. He tilted his head and I threw myself against the back of the couch. I sat there until I could breathe properly again. The shaking stopped and my breathing was regular again.

"What was that all about?" he asked.

"I have no idea," I replied.

Then he gave me a Deer in the Headlights look. "You have an anxiety disorder. You just had a panic attack."

I raised my brows and my mouth opened a little. "Panic attack? Set off by a spider?" I questioned.

"Apparently. Billie has them all the time before shows. If there is a huge crowd he'll shake and start to breathe funny," he replied.

I looked down at the floor. Anxiety, that is the last thing I would've thought of. He put his hand on my back and said, "Well, it's over now. You'll be alright." I nodded and opened the water taking a sip.

We sat on the couch a while and watched random sitcoms. Tre couldn't sit still and eventually ended up with his feet in the air and his head dangling above the floor.

"I'm bored! I want something to do." he said.

I looked down at him cranking the wheels in my head thinking. I shrugged. I didn't know what we had here in Berkley so what help was I? He looked up at me and gave me an ear to ear grin. I didn't like the look of it. Dare I ask what.

"I don't like that look," I said.

He sat up and stared deep into my eyes. I backed up to the arm of the couch and he crawled over me. His arms next to my hips and his face about four inches from mine. I gulped. He squinted his eyes and gave a toothy smile.

"Let's play Dominated Love Slave," he said. I nearly passed out.

I poked his stomach and said, "Uh, I think I'll pass."

He frowned and moved closer to my face until our noses touched. "Come on sugar lump kins. Make my day."

I threw him to the other side of the couch and said, "I said I'll pass!" and ran to my room.

Why did I just do that? I know I have a temper, but I didn't think it was that bad. I lay on my bed face down and listened to my Walkman.

*Tre's P.O.V.*
I pressed my face against Jayden's and said, "Come on sugar lump kins. Make my day." She pushed my shoulders and made me fall up against the other arm of the couch.

"I said I'll pass!" she screamed as she ran up to her room.

"What the hell?" I ask myself. She slams the door. "What's her problem? I was only kidding!"

I sit and stare at the door at the top of the steps behind the wooden spokes of the balcony hallway. I decided to go up and apologize to her. I didn't think she would react that way, I didn't think it would be worse than brushing me off and ignoring me. I walked up the steps to her room. I knocked on the door and grabbed the knob to open it. She didn't answer. I turned the knob and the window was open. I jumped in the room and screamed, "Jayden!"

I ran over to the window and heard, "What? I'm right here, sheesh."

I swung around and stared at her for a brief moment and squeezed her shoulders. "Oh, I thought you ran away! I was so worried!" Her face being buried in my chest, she was trying to say something but I couldn't understand her. "What?"

She pushes away and says, "I'm Choking!" then gave a small giggle.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said blushing a little. "I just wanted to apologize for that downstairs." I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down at the floor.

She grabbed my face and pulled me down to her face until our foreheads were pressed together. She looked into my eyes and had this really sexy look going on.

"It's okay," she said.

"Ooh, kinky," I replied.

She let go and bellowed with laughter. I raised a brow and looked at her walking back to the closet left of the door.

"Well, I was thinking we could go on a walk somewhere if there is a park nearby," she said pushing her shirts down the rack one by one. She grabbed a purple shirt off the hanger and threw it on the bed. She looked over at me and said, "Well, what do you think?"

I shook my head to wake myself from my trance and said, "Oh, sure. There's one about a mile and a half down the road. There isn't a walking trail but they have a sidewalk around and through it so people can walk without getting in the wood chips."

"Okay, works for me," she replied. "Now, do you mind?"

"Nope," I said sitting down on the end of the bed.

"May I change without you in here?" she asked.

"Nope," I replied with a sheepish grin.

She put her hands on her hips and scoffed. "Please?" she asked.

"Fine," I said getting off the bed and shutting the door behind me.

*Jayden's P.O.V.*

I glared at him and placed my hands on my hips, "Please?"

"Fine," he said. He stood up from the bed and walked over to the door and walked out. He shut the door and I quickly locked it before he had time to reopen it.

"What?! Smarty!" he said behind the door.

I stuck my tongue out at the door and said, "It will only be a minute."

I could hear his footsteps trail down the stairs as I removed my shirt and put on the purple one I chose a moment ago. I opened the door and leaned over the balcony looking down over the living room. Tre was stretched out on the couch with his hands on the back of his head.

"Hey beautiful," he said. I laughed.

I walked downstairs and said, "Well, come on, I'm ready to go." I said slipping my shoes on at the door.

"Okay, okay," he said walking towards me to put on his shoes.

I grabbed my keys off the spoke for the keys next to the door and walked out to the car. "Think fast!" I said throwing the keys at Tre.

"Huh?" he said and jumped to the left dodging the keys flying at him. "What was that for?!"

I chuckled and skipped to the car. He turned around and picked up the keys joining me in the car. We got in and buckled up and I looked out the windshield.

"On second thought," I said. "Could we go to Billie's? I want to meet Adrienne."

"Um, I don't know. They're kind of going through some tough times right now, but we can call and ask."

Tre went back inside the house and I waited for about five minutes. He came back out the door and climbed back in the car.

"She said it was alright," he said.

"Awesome," I replied.

We drove over to the Armstrong's residence and pulled into the drive way. I looked over into the yard and saw a little boy riding a tricycle.

"Joey?" I asked.

"Yep," Tre replied.

We got out of the car and walked up to the door.

"Tre!" the little boy screamed and ran up to him hugging his leg.

"Hey little man. What's up?" he asked.

"I paying wif my new bike," he replied.

"Aw, he's so cute," I said.

Billie then came around the corner of the house and said, "Hey guys! How's it going?"

"Pretty good, just came by to hang out for a while," Tre said.

"Yay!" Joey said.

"Apparently he likes you," I said.

"What your name?" he asked.

I squatted down to about eye level with him and said, "I'm Jayden, and you must be Joey."

He put his hands behind his back and pulled his shoulders up to his ears and nodded.

"Come on in," Billie said waving us toward the door.

We followed Billie in and Joey clinged to Tre's pant leg. I could hear water running every few seconds and dishes clanging together. I assumed Adrienne was in the kitchen doing dishes.

"You want a beer?" Billie asked.

"Sure," Tre said.

I don't know if I'm going to like this. Billie left to the kitchen and came back with two beers.

"You better not get drunk Billie Joe!" Adrienne screamed from the kitchen.

"Nag, nag, nag, that's all she does," he said handing Tre his beer.

Joey sat on the floor and played with little cars and throwing them into each other. Billie and Tre discussed the new album and figured up when they would probably be done with it. They aren't working too hard on it since they just came out with Nimrod. In fact, they only have Warning recorded, they finished up the other day. Meanwhile, I'm sitting on the floor with Joey setting up the cars in a pile so he can shoot one at them and see how many he can knock down. So far his record is seven out of twelve. I set the cars up again and he shoots a car knocking down nine cars.

"Yes!" he screams throwing his arms up. "How many is that?"

"Nine," I reply. "You've broken a record."

"Yay!" he says.

"Billie, how many times have I told you to not leave your clothes on the floor? You're such a Menotinous Pig!" she hollered and stormed out of the living room back into their bedroom.

I tilted my head and we all looked at each other.

"Is menotinous even a word?" Tre asked. We all shrugged.

"I hope everything works out with you guys," I said.

"Yeah, me too," Billie replied.

As time went on, more and more beer bottles were piled up on the coffee table. They each have had about five or six now. I hate it when people drink. I can't stand drunk people. I could tell they were more than tipsy now because their speech was slurred and Tre kept asking where the strippers were. I tried to tune them out and even went to Joey's room to play some more games with him.

"Well, Joey, it's getting late. We better head out," I said getting up off the floor after playing Candy Land with him.

"Aw, but why?" he asked. "Can't you stay a wittle lownga?" he pleaded.

I sighed. "Okay, one more game and I have to go home."

He perked up and said, "Okay."

We continued another game of Candy Land and the score was 3-2. He beat me so our scores were tied. I stood up and said, "Okay, I really have to go now. I'd say it's nearing your bedtime."

He jumped up and hugged my leg, "But, but!" he stuttered.

"I'm sorry, Tre needs to get home and lie down," I said. "I'll be back soon. I promise."

I picked him up and carried him on my hip into the living room and nearly stepped on Billie who was laying in the floor right next to the hall way. Tre was on his back sprawled out on the coffee table and looked up at me when I came in the room.

"Hey handsome. Why don't I take you downtown for a little bull ride?" Tre slurred.

Joey looked at me and I said, "Um, why don't you go find your mother. I'll see you later, Joey."

I let him down, ruffled his hair and said good bye. He walked to the kitchen and I walked over to Tre.

"Come one, Princess, let's go home," I said grabbing his wrist.
♠ ♠ ♠
I ran out of room for this story so the rest of it will continue in the next chapter, of course. It will just pick up from here.

This was a really long chapter. haha