Status: Comments and subcriptions makes the authors day =]

Vampire Kiss

Masquerades

I took off by myself. I needed to go back, to see what had happened.

The flat was fenced off by florescent yellow and blue lines. Police were parked everywhere. It was easy to slip past them, I just needed to know what had happened after I had left. I peered in the window, a chalk line traced the floor, the shape of a body. Tina’s body.

“Yeah, its really odd, we’ve never had a case like that before.”

Their were two policemen inside my room. Taking notes, investigating the crime scene.

“Their was no blood, and the other one had just disappeared.”

“Its getting out of hand and needs to stop soon.”


I made my way out. I didn’t want to hear anymore. I just need to find justice. Revenge on the man who did this to me, who gave me the instinct to murder my own best friend.

***

It didn’t take any more but a few minutes to get there, I wasn’t even sure if he would be there. It was the only place I could think of to look.

The alley was dark and desolate, a little lighter than before though. The dumpsters long forgotten were more visible and the stench inside lay rotten animal corpses and decayed putrid trash.

Nothing, I went straight back to the spot where it happened. Still smelling my human blood that stained the cold stone around me.

A little light, a tiny beam that covered the area of the exact place, lighting up my blood, showing what the rancid reek was. Only a tiny reflection, a bit on paper, I kneeled down to examine the it. The tiny peace of paper was a card.
L. De Neiro

Masquerades.


L. De Neiro? I’ve heard Paige talking to Neil talking to April about the masquerades. But I thought it was just a sort of masked party or something.

I took the card and head down back to the woods.

“April?”

“Hello? Jade?! I miss you!”

“April its only been a day and I need your help”
I tucked my cell into my shoulder, wedging it into my neck whilst taking out the card. It shone with a beautiful reflection, but all of it was black, it had a beautiful silver font.

“My help? Your not hurt are you!”

“No I’m not hurt or anything like that! What do you know about the masquerades?”

“What! Why are you asking that?”

“Never mind, just what do you know about them?”

“Well… there like a huge vampire mafia sort of colony in London. You don’t mess with them. Jade… please don’t do anything stupid.”

“Whereabouts in London?”

“I’ve never been there and I don’t want to and neither should you!”

“Where is it April!”

“You know the London underground, where all the tubes are, apparently its down around there.”

“Ok thanks April. I’ve got to go, bye.”

With that I put the phone down. I didn’t want to give her too much information encase she followed me. I can’t put her in danger and this weird vampire colony sounds perilous. From what I’ve experienced so far the ‘bad’ ones or whatever you want to call them show no mercy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in such a long time!!
Much feedback as possible needed! Lacking motivation here!